• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda NSX Own by Ayrton Senna For Sale...

weird...so you listed it on the largest online auction site to do what exactly ...:confused:

No its not for sale, i put it on ebay to raise the profile of the car, 36,000 views on four days certainly did it with enquiries from all over the world until someone tried to hack into my ebay account and ebay ended the listing. It will never be for sale and new pictures will be online shortly along with a new website for the car.

Okay, I'll say it: What a completely douche thing to do.

Attempting to sell the car under false pretense on the world's largest auction web site? If you wanted to raise the car's "profile," there are literally a hundred different ways that are less costly, less neurotically narcissistic, more effective, and more honest than misrepresenting it being for sale.

Okay, I'll say it: What a completely douche thing to do. Attempting to sell the car under false pretense on the world's largest auction web site? If you wanted to raise the car's "profile," there are literally a hundred different ways that are less costly, less neurotically narcissistic, more effective, and more honest than misrepresenting it being for sale.
What's more douchy than listing it once under false pretenses?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ayrton-Se...K&hash=item4d16622cbb&clk_rvr_id=565317295366
Oh, listing it a second time?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ayrton-Se...SX-from-his-Home-in-the-Algarve-/331091250566?

No its not for sale, i put it on ebay to raise the profile of the car, 36,000 views on four days certainly did it with enquiries from all over the world until someone tried to hack into my ebay account and ebay ended the listing. It will never be for sale and new pictures will be online shortly along with a new website for the car.
The verbiage sure makes it seem like it is genuinely available for purchase, the implication being that you had spent building money on the NSX and now need to turn NSX money back into building money:
I purchased this car when i was applying for planning permission for some buildings and did not think permission would be granted. Unfortunately or fortunately, which ever way you want to look at it, i got permission and had promptly spent a big chunk of the building budget on purchasing this car. I drove this car back to the UK and it is now being stored at my property in East Sussex. Details here: http://sennamcf.wordpress.com/category/ayrton-sennas-honda-nsx/ It has an MOT in Portugal until March 14 and has been cleared for Import duty in the UK.

You included the web site address for your furniture retail business on your listings, is that what you are trying to raise the "profile" of? No matter how you slice it, it's still disingenuous to offer for sale an item that you say that you have no intention of actually selling. As excited and engaged as you were when you bought the car you wish to rip that sensation away from many people that are watching, interested and making offers on something that you are leading them to believe that they can own when there is no chance? Something more fishy afoot here but GLWS..........

we were equally impressed on the NSXCB.CO.UK forum, what didn't help there was 11 posts being deleted by 'senna red nsx' in the thread that tracked the whole portugese trip, the buying of the car and transporting to England saga... the ones deleted refered to purchase price and invitations to visit!!

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11456-Senna-s-NSX

GLWS.... oops, forgot, it's not for sale!

just keeps getting weirder....could we have a senna-nick brewing:rolleyes:

I'll say it a little more bluntly than the other people above me (if possible).

Senna red NSX is deceptive and not welcome here.

Congrats on buying a car with good provenance, but good luck ever being welcomed if you're brave enough to go to an owners meet.

Btw, it was listed at £80k in Portugal before he bought it. Just so he can't edit this post away.

E: price clarification

Last edited:
I have a feeling ebay didn't stop the listing because "someone tried to hack into my eBay account". It was likely because they figured out this guy was abusing their service for his own personal interest.

Which is miniscule compared to using Senna's name for his own personal interest.

Attachments

• senna nsx.jpg
    senna nsx.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 84
  • auction nsx.jpg
    auction nsx.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
So this dude is really a flipper who wanted to generate some buzz for the auction....and fooled us into thinking he cared....deeeeeeeeeeeeeuche.....

putting all the negative publicity aside...would be awesome to own such a car ..especially one formally owned by senna himself...now if only i could win the lottery ...id buy it in a heartbeat

the red ones gone quiet at the moment, the one for sale now is the Black NSX that Senna could use in while in Portugal.....

Sennas personal car (black) is in Brazil, and this one was apparently spec'd the same as the brazil one!

Senna was my favorite driver of all time. He is a big reason I want a NSX.

Back