• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda plans to fool us w/ 300hp HSC...for now

Many of you here are on to what I've suspected. The 3.0-3.5 liter V-6 by itself is a feign. Also, everyone is doing 500 hp V-8's and V-10's. Leave it to Honda to break the paridigm (again).

I am AGAIN starting to think the H in HSC is for hybrid. The types of technological advances mentioned in other threads are only the tip of the iceburg, I suspect. My prediction: expect some kind of hybrid or mutant or whatever...lighter, with what you humans would refer to as 450 hp.

This won't be your favorite actor's Insite or Prirus. It'll have all the high powered capacitor-thingy's imaginable. No lead-acid batteries here. Someone else made all the good points of drivetrain weight-savings that could more than make up for the weight of the electric motors.

They will make it to show that they can, and it will show that they are the kings of the automotive future. After the magazines drive it, they will swoon for years about how superior it is with "only" 450 hp. The plain ole V-10's and pushrod engines will look like neanderthals.

I'm serious, I think that the HSC or whatever will seriously outperform most exotics in many ways. I don't think Honda will disappoint. They will be going for the kill...in a subtle, "We're way more advanced than you other car companies" kind of way. Sure they will do econo hybrids, fuel cells and the like, but this will be their halo car...

Stay tuned

Man, I feel like I just saw an episode of X-files after reading your post. Very cunning NSXBill2, you would make great detective.:cool:

Back