• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hondas future race car of 2025?

There is a link on that web page to an article about the HSC. This was of greater interest to me.
The HSC would be about 6 years old by now. Used ones would be on eBay.

I bet if someone just modified the existing NSX chassis, which is already quite aerodynamic, replaced the outdated TCS system, added more juice to give it more power, and gave it an updated center console, it could be done well before 2025. Wings wouldn't be necessary if there were an antigravity device.

You have to love futurists.

Many people still don't realize that car engines require motor oil let alone check their tire pressure... but sure, I can see the average Joe owning, operating, and maintaining a personal jet aircraft. Of course. Of course. :rolleyes:

It can't be any worse than a Cessna, right?
  • $150,000 Honda, financed for 10-15 years with 20% or 30K down, so $1500/mo for your flying car payment
  • Insurance- $5,000 per year in case you land in your neighbors house
  • Hanger - Of course your HOA will let you park it in your garage and use the cul-de-sac for vertical take-off, so I'll let this one go...
  • Fuel Burn- 15 gallons per hour (Honda's are efficient) so $3.50/gallon on pump or $52/hour
  • Engine say 2000 hr TBO $30,000 so another $15/hour operating cost
  • Annual Check-up at the dealer- $2500
Sure... Sure.... we'll have "highways in the sky" in no time....

:cool:

You have to love futurists.

Many people still don't realize that car engines require motor oil let alone check their tire pressure... but sure, I can see the average Joe owning, operating, and maintaining a personal jet aircraft. Of course. Of course. :rolleyes:

It can't be any worse than a Cessna, right?
  • $150,000 Honda, financed for 10-15 years with 20% or 30K down, so $1500/mo for your flying car payment
  • Insurance- $5,000 per year in case you land in your neighbors house
  • Hanger - Of course your HOA will let you park it in your garage and use the cul-de-sac for vertical take-off, so I'll let this one go...
  • Fuel Burn- 15 gallons per hour (Honda's are efficient) so $3.50/gallon on pump or $52/hour
  • Engine say 2000 hr TBO $30,000 so another $15/hour operating cost
  • Annual Check-up at the dealer- $2500
Sure... Sure.... we'll have "highways in the sky" in no time....

:cool:

C'mon John, don't be such a party pooper! Remember, Honda...the Power of Dreams! :biggrin:

(I wonder if the 2025 Honda flying car will be able to pass California emissions? lol)

Back