• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hooking up the nsx-r wing 3rd brake light

hi,

i just got a nsxr wing. i would like it to be a clean installation, trying to avoid cutting/splicing any of the OEM wires.

my nsxr wing just comes with two wires, i believe just power and ground. is there a seperate OEM connector i can buy so I can just wire it up to the OEM connector for plug and play?

thanks

Solder the ends. Shove the ends into the female socket then use electrical tape to secure it. It should never come loose. OR you could go to the scrap yard and find the mating connector on a Honda or Acura and splice it onto the end but good luck with that.

Solder the ends. Shove the ends into the female socket then use electrical tape to secure it. It should never come loose. OR you could go to the scrap yard and find the mating connector on a Honda or Acura and splice it onto the end but good luck with that.

im looking for something like this

dsc03833l.jpg

I want something like that too, so I can easily switch back and forth between the OEM wing and R wing.

Tried to install my new DF spoiler last time i was home and it has a plug but wouldn't fit the oem connector. :frown:.

Mike

Any luck? Does anyone know if they sell that connector separately?

there's a way to do it that is very simple, costs less than $5 and does not require any splicing, cutting or tapping --> link

this part? 22070382_dor_85336_pri_larg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

13sl001_b0730.png

Could it be these connectors?

Attachments

• 13sl001_b0730.jpg
    13sl001_b0730.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 681
yes, once you plier-press or solder those onto the wires of the wing, it will plug in very snug into the oem female plug (that you just disconnected from the oem led bar) then wrap the whole connection in electrical tape. for $3 bucks, you are basically getting an oem plug connection without the grey plastic housing. to reverse, you can always unwrap the tape (which acted as the housing), pull out the male connectors and plug your oem spoiler's male plug back into the unmodified oem female connector. no permanent change is done to the car, in a nutshell you're just adding the male connectors to the end of the aftermarket wing's wires.

Why can't you go to a junkyard and just cut off a standard 2p connector to fit.. There are plenty of those connector ends

Because I want it to look nice and OEM.

i was thinking of using this, I think it's the right connector.
8f75f7d04a1006654e8d21fbdc26803c.jpg

with these pig tails
78dc1fa1333566002ced479eefa337f3.jpg

to make this
896a2149bbeb3fb179536378f6c70b34.jpg

do you think this will work?

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 184
  • 78dc1fa1333566002ced479eefa337f3.jpg
    78dc1fa1333566002ced479eefa337f3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 896a2149bbeb3fb179536378f6c70b34.jpg
    896a2149bbeb3fb179536378f6c70b34.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 181
This is my Procar NSX-R Spec 2 wing by the way. procarwing.jpg

I was thinking attaching the pigtails and the pin 2 connection to it with a heat shrink wrap.

Attachments

• procarwing.jpg
    procarwing.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Any solution for this yet, i'm in the same boat and the connectors mentioned above I can't find locally.

Last edited:
How much?

So these connectors you have just solder onto the aftermarket wing and connect directly to the OEM wiring? If so I'm interested and how long of a pig tail is needed?

As long as the wires coming out of the spoiler reach the oem connector then no pigtails are needed. I can just provide you with the connector and oem pins for you to crimp onto the wire. However unless you aren't comfortable or don't have access to a crimp tool then I can provide a pigtail with it so you can solder to your exsisting wires. The pig tail can be as long as you want.

Also, if you have repaired wires like the picture above with the 2 red butt connectors I would request a pigtail long enough to replace that area of wire. If you aren't comfortable soldering I would use some uninsulated butt splices and add heatshrink aroud them not those vinyl splices in the picture.

NO idea if they reach or not. Not sure how long the wires on the spoiler is so lets say I wanted 6" pig tail and that connector. Can you pm me a price?

Thank you.

Same here Ramirez. PM me a price for the 6" pigtails and where to send the money.

Back