• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Horrible Experience at Goodson Acura, Irving, TX

Hi Folks,

Had the worst experience at Goodson today (absolutely the worst service I have ever received)..wouldn't recommend anyone to go and see them...Service managers are horrible and one particular advisor has no heart....NSX owners will know who I'm referring to...has anyone had good experiences elsewhere?...will go to DFW or Austin....any help would be appreciated...Thanks.

Doc

Thanks for the heads up

I go to Foreign and Classic here in Shreveport, La. He is not an NSX certified mechanic, but he does some of the best work I have ever seen. Every Porsche and Ferrari in town goes to him. Shop is spotless too!! :)

Shreveport..awesome...I grew up in Bossier City latter part of my childhood....love coming home to eat!!!! :smile:

Thats not really suprising to me. Once Susan left the place wasn't the same.

I had a REALLY REALLY miserable encounter with Goodson. I just didn't bring it up on prime since they are considered a greater dealership in the DFW area. I will try to remember the details.

Thanks for the referral.....I too wasn't sure about posting bad experiences at Goodson but it turns out there maybe more than I thought!!! It's unfortunate but Service at dealerships is not what it use to be!

I know Susan is gone, but does'nt Curtis still work on the cars? He's a pretty good guy......:smile:

McDavid in Plano has always done a good job for (and my car) for many years.

Brent-
Yes, Curtis does work there but their customer service is not worth a dime..would not recommend anyone to take any car there!

ACCD-
Who is your service advisor when you go to Plano and who is the NSX tech you work with?

ACCD-
Who is your service advisor when you go to Plano and who is the NSX tech you work with?

My service advisory recently left..
There's only one guy who works on all of the NSXs.. He's certified etc.. on NSXs. Big MOPAR fan, but I can't recall his name.

All in all I don't have any complaints. Car is always clean etc.. I just had the belt and water pump done last year. Also had springs installed. Alignment is perfect. Lots of miles out of my tires..

I know it's tough to please "us" but again I'm pretty comfortable with them.

Hope this helps.

ACD

I remeber back in the day, Curtis used to make house calls for extra cash. Might be a worthwhile thing to explore. He always did great work, and I am glad to hear he is still there after all these years.

Greets to the Dallas gang!

Marc W.

sm117.gif

Thanks folks for the responses.

DDSGUY

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to MacChurchill Acura in Ft. Worth. I took mine there for service since I bought the car from the start about 6 years ago. Everything was fine until the last year. They made some major service personnel changes. After an accident I took it there first to evaluate, with work to be done along with Caliber Collision, I had quite a bit of underbody, suspension damage. About $10,000 worth of stuff in total to be done. What an absolute train wreck!!! I left town for 3 weeks, got back. and my car hadn't been touched. I went through Mac Churchill myslef and it was still a train wreck to deal with. Took another 4 weeks of me screaming to get it all done. I spent ALOT of money there over the years, and that is what I got in return. No respect for my NSX from them since my service guy and manager left. I was FURIOUS to say the least, they jacked up my recent paint job too since they left it sitting out with rain spots all over it for 3 weeks too. My NSX will NEVER go back there. I tell everyone I can to avoid them as well in return for what they did to me and my NSX. The techs there do ok work, but the service staff and management ruined it all. I hope that helps you, and anyone else here for that mattter.

Whatever you do, DO NOT go to MacChurchill Acura in Ft. Worth. I took mine there for service since I bought the car from the start about 6 years ago. Everything was fine until the last year. They made some major service personnel changes. After an accident I took it there first to evaluate, with work to be done along with Caliber Collision, I had quite a bit of underbody, suspension damage. About $10,000 worth of stuff in total to be done. What an absolute train wreck!!! I left town for 3 weeks, got back. and my car hadn't been touched. I went through Mac Churchill myslef and it was still a train wreck to deal with. Took another 4 weeks of me screaming to get it all done. I spent ALOT of money there over the years, and that is what I got in return. No respect for my NSX from them since my service guy and manager left. I was FURIOUS to say the least, they jacked up my recent paint job too since they left it sitting out with rain spots all over it for 3 weeks too. My NSX will NEVER go back there. I tell everyone I can to avoid them as well in return for what they did to me and my NSX. The techs there do ok work, but the service staff and management ruined it all. I hope that helps you, and anyone else here for that mattter.

YOU sound like a fu**ing tool!

This is an older thread, not quite sure how it got resurrected. But I am a little surprised to be called a "F**king tool" by someone on their first post on this forum. I was merely trying to help someone else to avoid major problems at a dealership like I had. They totally dropped the ball with my NSX, and they know it, and admitted it. Spending tens of thousands of dollars on service alone there over the years and then having that happen, I doubt many people would take that situation lightly. Just my .02.

Are you serious tay-fu? First post? Do you sign your name in crayon? :eek: :rolleyes:

Get real or put your flame suit on. NSXprime has a history of taking care of its own. :tongue: *cough* NSX_Nick *cough*

Anyway, good info tmc/nsx.

This is an older thread, not quite sure how it got resurrected. But I am a little surprised to be called a "F**king tool" by someone on their first post on this forum. I was merely trying to help someone else to avoid major problems at a dealership like I had. They totally dropped the ball with my NSX, and they know it, and admitted it. Spending tens of thousands of dollars on service alone there over the years and then having that happen, I doubt many people would take that situation lightly. Just my .02.

Are you serious tay-fu? First post? Do you sign your name in crayon? :eek: :rolleyes:

Get real or put your flame suit on. NSXprime has a history of taking care of its own. :tongue: *cough* NSX_Nick *cough*

Anyway, good info tmc/nsx.

His name is Taylor and he's a service advisor at Mac Churchill - seemed like a pretty cool guy when I met him with my Legend but just goes to show you how big people are behind a keyboard.

Damn dude, you gotta realize that the Acura community is a small place even in Big Ole Dallas. You know somebody would recognize that swapped Z and put it together. Hell, you guys were ready to bend me over on an engine rebuild for some leaking valve seals. That was the last time you'll ever see me again anyway. Now if you're going to TROLL, move along to your Nissan forums and partake there, we don't need you here.

tmc/nsx composed himself better than I would have had the comment been directed toward me.

But having said that, it's probably done and over with unless he says something else, so let's keep talking about Goodson Acura ( even though I'm in TN haha ). Never know when I might need a good mechanic in TX.

By the way, I've been really attracted by these Legends of late. How do you like yours? Did you have the blown head gasket or something else that made you decide on a rebuild?

His name is Taylor and he's a service advisor at Mac Churchill - seemed like a pretty cool guy when I met him with my Legend but just goes to show you how big people are behind a keyboard.

Damn dude, you gotta realize that the Acura community is a small place even in Big Ole Dallas. You know somebody would recognize that swapped Z and put it together. Hell, you guys were ready to bend me over on an engine rebuild for some leaking valve seals. That was the last time you'll ever see me again anyway. Now if you're going to TROLL, move along to your Nissan forums and partake there, we don't need you here.

The only thing I can contribute to this is that McDavid Acura in Austin did my TB/WP service a few months ago. Nice job overall. Took a bit longer than they said but it was around the holidays.

By the way, I've been really attracted by these Legends of late. How do you like yours? Did you have the blown head gasket or something else that made you decide on a rebuild?

I love my Legend. Hit me up over at www.acura-legend.com (same SN) and I can point you around there for more info on them if you're looking. It's as great a resource for Legends as Prime is for NSX's! :)

I just had to get in on this thread.

First, i have a 92 Legend, i've had it for over 8 years and it has over 200k miles on it and the engine is still as strong as the day i got it.

That said, the front rack is shot and the body and paint is in horrible shape so i was planning to purchase a new car in the near future. I was thinking that since i had such good luck with the Legend i should check into buying a new Acura TL. I was shopping around online for a Type-S and Goodson and Mac Churchill seem to be the closest dealerships to me and have a few Type-Ses in stock.

A few years ago I had a horrible buying experience at Lute Riley Honda in Richardson and was wondering what is up with Hondas poor service around this area? I mean they make a great product but i have found it to be such a hassle doing any business at the local dealerships around here. Even buying parts from them turns out to be an ordeal.

My other considerations for a new car are the Lexus is350 (but my sister just bought a is250) or an Infinity G35 or G37 coupe. (I would really prefer a sedan but the coupe looks so much better.)
Any thoughts on those vehicles?

Back