• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Don't buy from Lovefab and Cody Loveland :mad:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, in spite of seeing the horribly negative experiences here posted on prime of Lovefab and Cody here, I reached out to Cody Loveland via PM and Email, when I missed the Black Friday sales on his Titanium Strut bars. I'll be honest and say, his fabrication work and products seem outstanding, at least to those that have received their parts, however, as I'm posting this now it doesn't seem like I'll receive mine.

My experience. (posting without screencaps of emails and convo, I hope that if needed I can get the admin to edit my post with the screencaps) Please also note that this is all US time (my email account is in North America time)

I'm a NSX owner in Hong Kong, China. Like I mentioned before I've read the reviews and experiences of some frustrated members here on Cody, but I still wanted the Ti strut bar from Lovefab so I reached out to him via NSXprime PM. Cody/Lovefab He responded very quickly and told me his preferred way of communication was via his gmail email.

So from March 1st, 2017 we started the emailing. I wanted the Ti Front Upper Bar, and he quoted me pricing for both the Upper and Lowers. Some emails were exchanged and there wasn't ever a lack of communication from his replies, so far so good. Except...

He let know that he "do not accept PayPal. Wire transfer is about the only way we can accept international payments right now" (his exact words). This was a red light for me. However he seemed very legit and knowledgeable in his replies, so I went to NSXprime again, reaching out by PM some random members that paid for his bars during the Black Friday sales. The members PM'd back that they did get their bars, eventually with some delays.

Another red light for me, was that Cody seemed to 'advise' me to pay for the bundle (Upper and Lower bar) hence how he quoted me both when I only requested pricing for the upper. In his words again "it makes sense to purchase the pair in this instance, or additional products we offer, to offset the shipping and processing fees."

'Fortunately', in the end on March 22nd, I decided to only purchase from him for the Ti Upper Bar including shipping and my bank fee, when he said it would be April 15th that he would be shipping the Upper bars. Fast forward a few days with bank details confirmation etc, and I sent him a wire via my bank on March 27th. I sent him a screencap of the receipt and let him know it could take a few days to clear. He replies very quickly the next day March 28th, in his very own words again; (keep in mind email replies from him at this stage is still efficient)

Its already in. In my experience, internationals are almost instant.

We'll get to work!

So far so good right? I figured if he was to run off with my money, he wouldn't even need a reply like that. I actually felt a bit relieved of my worries.

Fast forward to a month later, April 20th, After no updates or communication since, and that he told me that April 15th would be starting shipping, I emailed and inquired about the status. No reply. I resent to him again on April 23rd. Then he replies on April 24th, saying there was delays in waiting for titanium and he was aiming for this week. Okaaaaaay. But shouldn't he have updated me on the situation?

Another week passes without updates, so I email him again on May 1st. May 2nd he replies that "We are on them now, just have to wrap up and ship". Yet another week goes by without update, so I push for the shipment on May 8th. No reply. May 10th, I resend my email. Now he replies "Yes its done. Trying to get to the post office." So okay I guess he is too busy, I can wait a few more days... He did say it's complete and just waiting for shipping...

Few more days, May 14th I push for a committed shipping date, no reply. May 16th, resend. No reply. May 19th, resend. No reply. May 21st, resend. No reply.

So I go to his facebook LoveFab, Inc. on May 23rd and notice the 'very responsive to messages' note and message him there. Shoot him a message there and he replies;

"Itll go tomorrow. We had an emergency at the shop that needed attention"

And this was the last reply I had from him regarding my shipment.

Further emails and facebook messages througout the week (about 6 or 7) went unreplied by him so I can only assume the worst is that he ran off with the money I paid for a Ti Strut Bar. Which is why I finally decided to post this. Hoping you guys will read this and avoid LoveFab and Cody. Don't pay for his racecar while assuming you are paying for products to be shipped to you.

I'm only out 500~USD so it doesn't make much sense to go after him from all the way here in Hong Kong. I'll be out to share this horrible experience , in hopes that I can convince others to think again before buying from him and also to tarnish what reputation he still has in the community. This is my first step. I'll be reaching out to all his affiliates and sponsors about his business practices and integrity.

Short version

March 1st: Started emailing with Cody/Lovefab on interest in a Titanium Upper Bar.
March 22nd: Decided to wire money (he claims he can't do paypal internationally) to Lovefab for a Titanium Upper Bar that would be complete and shipped on April 15th.
April 15th-May 1st: No updates from initiated from him but only when I push for it in form of resending emails again and again.
May 2nd: Finally tells me the bar is complete and waiting shipment.
May 10th: After requesting via email an update he replies with an absurd excuse "Trying to get to post office".
Up to May 23rd: Ignores all my emails until I message him on facebook in which he replies ' "Itll go tomorrow. We had an emergency at the shop that needed attention".

That was the last of my updates. He never shipped 'tomorrow' and now I have no choice but to post this as he hasn't replied to my emails or facebook messages regarding the Ti Strut Bar I paid for since.

I've bought from lovefab maybe 1 year ago and did business with him also 17 years ago. He was always responsive to me but I did think something was weird when his site was down couple months ago and I was getting a phishing warning on the site but he said he was fixing it. even now his site isn't fully functional. I saw another thread recently talking about a guy who did a big motor build and had a shit experience with lovefab.

I will I'll only pay credit card from now on.

I sent him the link to this thread via email and fb message after posting. I know he sees them. I guess he doesnt even want to bother to somehow defend himself and could care less about his rep.

I bought a FI spec header from him earlier this year. It took a bit longer than expected but he responded to all emails promptly. He did refuse to ship to my chosen shop but there was no other problem. I don't think he is a scammer at all, just reading about him rebuilding an engine multiple times at his cost testifies to that I think, but the NSX community is a small one, maybe too small to make a living off of, so some things might get missed or put on the back burner. It would be a shame to lose another player in the NSX aftermarket but that looks like what is happening...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think in my case he chose to burn me because I'm international. We're way past 'things getting missed' as he is not even replying to my emails or messages requesting for updates, even though he obviously sees them (message seen xxx) . He probably assumes I won't go after him over 500USD international. I'm going to make this cost much more than 500USD for him when I'm done.

I have recently bought his rear BBK off his HyperCar. I have had zero issues with Cody. I paid via credit card. Parts were packed up with photos to show via fb. Parts were then shipped about 2 days later where they were picked up at the US/Canada border and brought home. Parts were all accounted for and packed accordingly.

I also know of Cody flying to Canada to help assist in tuning one of his customers boosted NSXs.

It is a shame that this is happening. I hope everything gets squared away.

I think in my case he chose to burn me because I'm international. We're way past 'things getting missed' as he is not even replying to my emails or messages requesting for updates, even though he obviously sees them (message seen xxx) . He probably assumes I won't go after him over 500USD international. I'm going to make this cost much more than 500USD for him when I'm done.

I don't think he "chooses" to burn anyone, he just lets his "sales persona" over promise and writes checks his deliverable timelines rarely can cover. If you buy something that takes time to actually build or produce, you are at critical risk of losing any promised ETA. Once he delivers it's usually a good product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have recently bought his rear BBK off his HyperCar. I have had zero issues with Cody. I paid via credit card. Parts were packed up with photos to show via fb. Parts were then shipped about 2 days later where they were picked up at the US/Canada border and brought home. Parts were all accounted for and packed accordingly.

I also know of Cody flying to Canada to help assist in tuning one of his customers boosted NSXs.

It is a shame that this is happening. I hope everything gets squared away.

He didn't have to make anything, that's why you got your stuff quickly. You are also lucky, a lot of times he packs up parts and notifies FedEX he will be bringing in a shipment, then gets sidetracked for days or even weeks. My last box I had a friend stop by LoveFAB and pick up for me, and I paid my friend to ship it to me.

He didn't have to make anything, that's why you got your stuff quickly. You are also lucky, a lot of times he packs up parts and notifies FedEX he will be bringing in a shipment, then gets sidetracked for days or even weeks. My last box I had a friend stop by LoveFAB and pick up for me, and I paid my friend to ship it to me.

You think you can get your friend to stop by his shop to see if my Ti Upper Strut is even there and complete and ready to ship as Cody claims? I don't mind paying the shipping to get this done with. Though I really wonder if the money I paid even went to him fabricating the bar.

So I started shitting on his facebook to let everyone know what a crook he is. He blocked me pretty fast within 5minutes. Shame he still doesn't want to reply to my emails or messages or reply here.

18813970_10158702796345398_5388436054467046916_n.jpg

18835808_10158702796430398_8255483533810845362_n.jpg

18836026_10158702796530398_2889517395020589520_n.jpg

18893406_10158702796745398_9137754690721864163_n.jpg

He's not very smart. I will just keep shitting on him till he delivers or gives me a refund. I'll be reaching out to all his affliates and sponsors.

18921801_10158702886720398_5175343957492012571_n.jpg

18893121_10158702898435398_4507292404185955677_n.jpg

18814077_10158702898345398_2520471621161735507_n.jpg

Wow what do you know. It took this massive spam and shitting for him to reply. I do hope that's a picture of my bar and he will finally ship. Will keep this updated.

18839366_10158702939035398_2272957742138142326_n.jpg

My car has a LF kit on it an based off of this post and the current ordeal that another member going through I might avoid doing business here despite wanting to get his Haltech EMS system...

My car has a LF kit on it an based off of this post and the current ordeal that another member going through I might avoid doing business here despite wanting to get his Haltech EMS system...

Just know if you do business with Cody you wont have your car back for an year + based on multiple people's experiences.

Just know if you do business with Cody you wont have your car back for an year + based on multiple people's experiences.

Yeahhhhh certainly don't want to do that. I was told it would be a "drive up, wait, and drive home" install. Regardless I am working with Justin at DMS Performance in PA. He is only 90 miles from me and will be doing an AEM Infinity system on my car. Saves me from having the trailer my car from Virginia to Michigan.

It's kind of sad it took all this for an instant reply and commitment to ship. Apparently he snapped this and shipped it right away after I started the shitstorm. I'm still paranoid and dubious so I'll update this to see if I actually receive the product I paid for.

18951437_10158712351020398_4457912847367249590_n.jpg

19029368_10158712351080398_2915485329370319780_n.jpg

Good job, sorry you had to go through this. I'm glad you kept it up and tried to make him honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMFAO good for you man :)

i don't understand why any business owner would rather have their reputation rightfully tarnished vs just getting off their a$$es and just doing their jobs. ESPECIALLY when they have been courteously PAID IN FULL!!!

He's not very smart. I will just keep shitting on him till he delivers or gives me a refund. I'll be reaching out to all his affliates and sponsors.

i don't understand why any business owner would rather have their reputation rightfully tarnished vs just getting off their a$$es and just doing their jobs. ESPECIALLY when they have been courteously PAID IN FULL!!!

Because he's using customers money and his time paid by customers to work on his race car project.

I've seen this happen many times were business owners unethically​ use their business' cash flow to fund other projects. They just don't see it as wrong. IT IS.

My conjecture is this business owner is doing too many time-consuming projects concurrently - engine builds, fabrication, racing - and doesn't have enough capital to support his day to day activities. and ends up with cash flow problems.

Good news for me. Is that Cody/Lovefab did honor and really did ship. It arrived yesterday here in Hong Kong to my mechanic, I haven't had time to check it yet.

19149208_10158753142820398_1822199743001767503_n.jpg

I'm happy that it eventually arrived, but unhappy that it had to have gone this way. I can only assume that it was due to my antics and pressure that I all of a sudden got replies to my emails/messages after weeks of no communication, and got my shipment out right away instead of uncommitting shipment dates and what I can only assume were lies.

Anyhow, I'll go edit/remove my review on google, as he didn't run off with my money in the end and I did eventually get my product. But honesty, this was such a poor buy and sell experience for me no matter how good the product is, I don't want to have to go this again. So, Caveat emptor.

Back