• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Houston-Austin end of the summer drive, Sept 2006

DVDoughboy said:
Sam

Can a friend of mine join us for this drive?
He just picked up a brand new Cayman S

Sure, if s/he can keep up! :biggrin: J/K!!!

This won't be a race or much high speed stuff, just a good long drive to some incredible Texas hill country roads.

And if time permits, we might get to see the Texas version of Stonehenge....:wink:

If this is a one day deal on the 30th- I am a definite maybe. I'll talk to Dad about it this weekend. Of course, if he and Cathy are already planning on going, I am (understandably) ejected, or possibly with Ojas looking to hitch a ride :biggrin:

I'll let ya'll know-

Philip

Looks like my buddy is going to pass. He is, however, going to go to the DE in October at TWS.

I'm looking forward to this drive.
Don't forget your 2-way radios if you have em.

I am going to put myself "in" at 100%- even if I have to bum a ride.

This is going to be my last get together with you folks here in Texas. I am taking a new job in Chicago, and will be moving there from Dallas in October.

Philip

I officially can't get out of work...bastards...anyway hope you all have fun :) I'd love to know the route so I can go explore some other time.

Is the meet point still 8am at whataburger on fry road (just north of the 10) ?

I am waivering again- I didn't realize how little time I have before I need to make the move to Chicago a reality. I have a tenative start date on 10/15- and I want to be there for at least a week before that so I can get settled in (cable hooked up, things put away, find my way around ect ect ect...). I still have to travel up there and find a place to live, then coordinate the transport of my stuff, so I may be short on weekend space, and it doesn't look like the car is going to be available anyway (Dad has it entered in a car show on the 30th).

I am probably going to be "out" after all.

Bummer.

Of course, with Dad and Cathy still in Houston, I will probably catch up with you guys some other time in the future.

Take care all,

Philip

jluko said:
Is the meet point still 8am at whataburger on fry road (just north of the 10) ?

Kind of...I hope to LEAVE at 8:00 AM, so we need to get there earlier to grab a quick bite, use the restrooms, etc, etc...

Don't be surprised if you see some S2000s on your drive. We're having our national meet that weekend in the same area. It would be great to see some NSXs out on those great roads too. :cool:

Looks like I'm out. The shop says it will take at least 15 days for my car to be fixed.

Hey guys, I have a friend in Austin who wants to take the day off and catch a ride with me in my car. Can someone give me an idea of where/what time he should meet us so he can jump in the car? Of once we get to Austin, are we just turning around and coming back?

Thanks,

JM

johnny010 said:
Hey guys, I have a friend in Austin who wants to take the day off and catch a ride with me in my car. Can someone give me an idea of where/what time he should meet us so he can jump in the car? Of once we get to Austin, are we just turning around and coming back?

Thanks,

JM

Hmmm...we won't be anywhere near Austin. We will be headed through San Antonio (the outskirts, really).

Our first stop will be in Flatonia, TX. I will try to find a good stop on Loop 1604 as we head around San Antonio. Our other planned stop will be in Bandera, TX. After that, all stops will be as needed/wanted/requested, etc...

SamBel said:
Kind of...I hope to LEAVE at 8:00 AM, so we need to get there earlier to grab a quick bite, use the restrooms, etc, etc...

CHANGE OF PLANS ON THE MEETING POINT!!!!!

There is a Panera's on I-10, in the parking lot next to the Garden Ridge Pottery, BEFORE you get to Fry Rd.

19502 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77094
(281) 398-6444

This will be easier to find as it puts us right on the feeder, and still offers us some breakfast goodies and a restroom.

I would still like to be on the road as close to 8:00 AM as possible.

What time do you think we will be back in H-Town? I'm going in early everyday to make this trip but still have some other engagements to make.

Wheelman said:
What time do you think we will be back in H-Town? I'm going in early everyday to make this trip but still have some other engagements to make.

I don't know? but my wheels should be on my car for the trip :biggrin:

Is this trip appropriate for a female to ride along?

Only if she brings another female friend! :wink: :wink: :biggrin: :tongue:

johnny010 said:
I don't know? but my wheels should be on my car for the trip :biggrin:

Is this trip appropriate for a female to ride along?

Back