• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Houston GTG

Houston GTG - FEBRUARY 5th!

Hey Guys (and gals),

I'm trying to do this as proactive as possible. I have two dates in mind, but seek input before I make any decisions.

First, the what: 4+ hours of total drive time, backroads, some freeway. Cool stuff for the most part. Lunch along the route.

When: EITHER January 22 (or 23), or February 5 (or 6). I have the "or" dates to see if this is better as a Saturday or a Sunday thing.

I don't know what NORMAL leave times are, but this would be a 9:00 or 10:00 AM start time (kinda early for SOME folks, I know). :biggrin:

Spouses, SO's, whatever you want to call them...ALL are invited. My wife felt a bit out of place being the only female last time. :wink:

So, let me know what a good date would be, and I'll get this in motion.

Sam

Last edited:
Ill be out of town the last week of January, so Id have to say that Feb 5/6th would be best for me. Ive talked to my gf whos fairly into cars and she might be able to come.

loNfastNSX said:
I missed the last GTG so Im definatly in! Either date is good for me and my fiance, just let us know. :biggrin:

Hopefully it will be early February and Ill be able to meet you! Ive seen your posts from time to time on nsxprime and missed you at the last meeting.

Modernceo said:
Your s2k ? If so, whats wrong with it out of curiosity ?

My turbo failed on me, so I had to replace it. I am currently waiting on the part, but it's been a while, so I might end up going with a different company (Autologic) to get my car back in working order ASAP.

Tom

Hey whats up guys! I dont know if yall would be interested but I am trying to plan another GTG and Drive in Houston for February. Its going to be an S2000 and NSX meet. The last one we had about 12 S2000's, 5 NSX's, and several other cars. I have the discussion about the meet posted on S2ki.com. S2K and NSX GTG and Drive Discussion

Feel free to post suggestions for the GTG. Once we get everything scheduled, I will start a new thread on s2ki.com and NSXPRIME.com with all of the details.

Hey Sam, if you would like to, we could maybe combine these events to maybe get a little better turnout. Just a thought, it might make it tough to have 2 GTG's around the same time. I will post all the details once we get everything worked out, you can keep up to date by watching the link I included above. Hope to see you guys soon,

--Mark

Sam,

Thanks for putting this together. I can make either date. I vote for meeting at 9:00 at a Starbucks so we can get a cup of coffee b/f we leave. I don’t think Sarah will be able to join us or make the drive as she will most likely stay home with our new son.

Paul

Hey Sam, if you would like to, we could maybe combine these events to maybe get a little better turnout. Just a thought, it might make it tough to have 2 GTG's around the same time. I will post all the details once we get everything worked out, you can keep up to date by watching the link I included above. Hope to see you guys soon,

--Mark

Howdy Mark!

I think I'm going to try this one with just the NSX group for now. Hopefully we won't have a problem with similiar schedules. Hate to take anyone away from too much fun! :biggrin:

Sam

It looks like Febuary 5th will be the date...more details as we get closer (even though it is a month away). :wink:

I will be driving through Houston on the 4th, so I might just be able to join y’all on the 5th! Looking forward to seeing everyone then.

I'm down, fo sho! (translation: Why, yes sir, I will be attending.) :D ;)

btw, let's not drive for too long. What if I see a cloud in the distance and I'm too far from home! Ah, I'll bring water proof car cover! :D j/k

Regards,
- Z

Now for the details:

This is planned for Saturday, February 5, 2005.

We will meet up at FM 1960 and Hwy 249. There is a Kolache Factory and a Starbucks on the SE corner of the intersection, right behind Texas Land and Cattle. Big, nice parking lot for everyone to gather. There is an Exxon on the NW corner if you need gas before we leave.

Meet time is between 9:00 and 9:30 AM. I'll be there before 9:00 so y'all look for my red NSX. The drive will leave at 9:30AM!!!! We'll need empty bladders and full tanks!

Our ultimate stop (for lunch, of course) is in Brenham, TX. Corner of Hwy 290 and Hwy 36. The route is anything but a straight line.

Our route will take us through Montgomery, Richards, Anderson, Navasota, Washington on the Brazos, Chappell Hill, and then LUNCH! If needed, we can stop in Navasota for a break.

Out trek home will be a straight shot down Hwy 290. Total distance from start to FM 1960 and Hwy 290 (my exit, anyway) is about 180 miles.

I'll update with more information if requested.
PM me if you would like my cell number, as it ain't going out here for everyone to see. :tongue:

This is rain or shine, unless the rain looks like it will take away all the fun. :wink:

If it is a rain out...I'll have it posted here by 7:00AM that morning.

Ojas said:
Sam, Do you have a specific place picked out for lunch or will we figure it out when we roll into town? Thanks.

The place is called Purcell's. About 1/4 mile south of the 290/36 interchange, on Hwy 36. Exact address is 2800 Highway 36 South.

Buffet style, and a big place. This way we can walk in and start eating right away! :biggrin:

The weather is looking good (not great) for Saturday. Mostly cloudy, but no rain (so far, anyway). :smile:

SamBel said:
Now for the details:
We will meet up at FM 1960 and Hwy 249. There is a Kolache Factory and a Starbucks on the SE corner of the intersection, right behind Texas Land and Cattle.

Is there the Willowbrook Mall?

Back