• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How about HRE's?

I also considered getting Kinesis before finally getting the HRE 540's. After looking at the wheel first hand, the quality and craftmentship is clearly superior on the HRE's! The polished rims are so beautiful that I kept them in my living room for a month! Just something to think about.

I agree with you, my friend has them on his Integra, but he didn't take care of them and the finish became oxidized leaving it dull. But a little polish and some elbow grease will take care of it. I have polished 20s on my suburban and I have to spend alot of time just cleaning them.

I've heard great thing about HRE's also. A friend is waiting on a set of 18/19 type 546's with the hi-polish finish to arrive any day now. They should look awesome!!!

Have you considered Fikse's? I did a little research on these myself and discovered that they are very strong and light wheels. In fact, I ordered a set of FM/10's 3 weeks ago and desperately await their arrival. I have only seen these wheels on Porsche's, BMW's and RX-7's, and would really love to see a pic on an NSX before they arrive. I know I will be happy with them regardless.

One thing that is very important to me besides quality, weight and style is originality. There are very few mods that can (or should be made IMHO) to the exterior of an NSX, to set it apart from another NSX's. Since I am not one of the few to own a yellow, silver or blue NSX, my 94 red/tan tends to blend in with the other pre-95 red cars.

When the Florida chapter meets next month in Miami, I'm 99% sure that I will be the only one there with FM/10's and this makes me feel good (crazy I know). This will hopefully set my otherwise stock car apart from the other highly modified car in the group. Should be a great weekend!!

Anyhoot, select your rims wisely.

James

The Fikse wheels are really nice. A lot of the corvette, porsche and viper guys here use them. One of the nice things about them (besides light weight and good looks) is the way the bolts are on the inside of the wheel. Makes it a LOT easier to keep them clean and looking good.

Good point David. It will make cleaning a whole lot easier. I'm currently borrowing a friend's Fitti 500 Modular's with the bolts on the outside, and you can forget about trying to clean around those bolts.

I wonder why more people in the NSX community don't use these wheels? Maybe it's cost? $3150 for 17X8's and 18X10's. Or style? Who knows!

I'm going to send a pic the day I get them mounted, to show other NSX'ers what they look like.

James

Back