• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How and when did you 1st knew of the NSX?

I don't know if theres a thread on here with the same subject, but O well:)
Mine was flipping through the pages of a Playboy mag. and came across a section where they listed the top ten cars. And there it was, a red NSX with a targa roof. When I'd found out that it's a Honda/Acura that seal the deal. I wanted one.( I was about 18/19 at the time).... Forget the pull out poster of the naked chick, I clip the picture of the nsx and taped on my wall. Ever since then I've been chasing Unicorn........:biggrin:

The first I knew about the NSX was at the Texas State fair in "91". Isaw it in the auto dealers pavillion it was red and the most beautiful car I had ever seen. I looked at the sticker of $63K and said to my wife the is out of our league. The salesman was standing next to us and said it would cost us $85K and that we would have to wait a few months for delivery. Well 20 yrs later I bought that NSX or one exactly like it. Patience is a virtue and it was well worth the wait.

An old friend whose house I would visit a lot had neighbors with a CTSC Brooklands Green which I would always see outside their house. (This was in Sunnyvale, CA 7-8 years ago but they've since moved away if anyone knows what happened to that car...)

Then when I saw it in Pulp Fiction and decided I wanted to be like Mr. Wolf (by solving problems) that sealed the deal for me.

Though I still haven't figured out how he was planning to give Jules AND Vincent a ride home in a two seater...

I was 13 years old living in Nj. I was very into cars and had my stepfather take me to the acura dealer as soon as they had one in stock. It as red and completely roped off. I knew one day I had to own one. After waiting 23 years I still had to own one and the car still impresses me just as much today as the first day I saw it

Back in 1991, I pulled up to a major intersection in Phoenix, 24th Street and Camelback, and Dan Majerlie pulled up next to me in a brand new red NSX. Dan was a NBA All Star who played for the Phoenix Suns at the time. Boy, did I like that car! Never heard about one before seeing this one.

Read some stuff about it from the 1989 Chicago auto show when it was first debuted as the ns-x. At the end of 1990 I saw my first one in person at a car show in Houston, TX. I was in 8th grade then and dreaming about cars. In 1993, I lived in San Antonio, TX on the North side. I went to a high school in a wealthy area and knew a kid that had one. We had many nice cars at my high school including vipers, 300ZX Spyders, 3000 GT's, Porsches, etc.. The NSX has been an obsession of mine ever since. It has always been an exotic to me with its low and wide stance and overall sex appeal.

Great stories, good times.

Back in the 80's & 90's I owned and road raced a 911RSR here in California.
In 1991, one of my P-car buddies & track rivals wrecked his prized track prepped 911 Carrera and did the unthinkable with the insurance money... He bought a HONDA! (NSX). Not only that, he showed up to a POC/PCA TT at Willow Springs with it, bone, showroom stock except for R compound tires. Much to mine and all my P-car brothers horror, he was lapping the big track within a second or two of his lap times in his fully track prepped 911 Carrara. While all the true believers cried "TRAITOR!" I was dumbfounded that this new Japanese sports car could run with a fully modded track tool. I have wanted an NSX ever since and last January I finally fulfilled that wish.

I first learned about and saw the NSX when I was buying my first new car a 1991 Acura Integra LS. I love that little car, but loved the NSX even more. I remember going to the dealership with my brother on Sunday afternoon just to stare at the red beauty sitting in the showroom floor ropped off with the red velvet border. I pledged that I would one day own one. Years later, I did just that. I waited and saved my money and finally nabbed one just like what I saw back in 1991.
My brother and I had all these perceptions of the car would be like. Including the view, feel, noise, etc. After finally getting one, I realized we were off. The NSX was WAY more impressive than we could have imagined.
I truly hope the next NSX is as equally impressive as the first one.

When I was 10 (1997), my cousin, who has a MR2 Turbo at the time, had all these car pictures on his wall. I asked "which car is the fastest here". He pointed to the yellow Coupe. "What is the name of this car?" "NSX" he said. I remember the name of the car ever since that that I knew I will own one someday.

Came true.

When I was 10 (1997), on the plane to first come to the US, my parents ask me what car would you like to drive. I said "an orange Lamborghini and a Ferrari" They said, "wow, that's expensive". "Really, how much...."

Still in progress, will someday be (Came true.)

When I was younger, I was a huge honda enthusiast, however the nsx was never really on my radar because it clearly out of my price range. Funny how things change :)

In 1988 a well connected friend in Japan showed be a couple of photos of a prototype car Honda was calling the NS-X. I really loved it and kept track of development and when a car (silver/blk) was brought to California in 1989 for warm weather testing I was able to drive it for a weekend. I fell in love instantly. I asked to buy the car when their testing was finished, but was told it hadn't been federalized and had to go back to Japan to be crushed.
The first cars to go on sale in California went for $30K over list price -- too rich for my blood... had to wait for a used (silver/blk) one, which I found in late 1992. A 50th Birthday present to me, from me. Took a few months to make the deal.

Last edited:
First in the game Stunts (1990), then really noticed it in The Need for Speed (1994). I was obsessed with that game. Initially most of the time I was driving the Viper, 512TR, or RX7. Then after watching Pulp Fiction I drove it a lot more in the game.

In the intro of Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero which was my first PS2 game back when I was about 8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdMuGcuPf-8
Then proceeded to learn more about it with Gran Turismo 3 and it was always there but didn't really call to my attention until a couple years ago just looking at different cars I like, I started to like the NSX more and more and the model I got a few months ago sealed the deal. Now I definitely want one and will own one at some point in my life.

Last edited:
In the intro of Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero which was my first PS2 game back when I was about 8
Then proceeded to learn more about it with Gran Turismo 3 and it was always there but didn't really call to my attention until a couple years ago just looking at different cars I like, I started to like the NSX more and more and the model I got a few months ago sealed the deal. Now I definitely want one and will own one at some point in my life.
there have been a few Puerto Rican nsx owners posting. there must be a small population of nsx in your territory http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142223&highlight=puerto+rico

Zurich, Switzerland March 1991, I saw this shining red/black parked on Bahnoffstrasse. Love at first sight. I had to wait till 1995 to have my red/black. Still have it, and can't let it go.

Last edited:
The first time I remember seeing an NSX was a black & white photo of a clay model in a magazine in the late 80s. The photo really caught my eye, and made an impression on me that I'll never forget. The magazine may have been Motor Trend, Car & Driver, or Popular Science; I wish I would have kept it. I've searched for the pic since, but have yet to come across it again.

The first time I saw an NSX in person was a black 91 that a coworker's father owned. I was too afraid to even ask to sit in it, lol.

Last edited:
there have been a few Puerto Rican nsx owners posting. there must be a small population of nsx in your territory http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142223&highlight=puerto+rico

Indeed, within the years I've known about the nsx I've seen about 5 different nsx here, only like 2 of them in the wild. Yeah I've searched those posts and think I know which cars they are.
EDIT: the black one on that link is for sale right now, it's at 26k and has less than 50k miles, I love it it's the exact one I want, an early berlina black. If i could I definitely would buy

Last edited:
In 1988, I was working with Honda engineers on generators in California and the rumors of the NSX was in all the auto magazines. As information was released to the press, the information was passed to me. The concept car was shown for the first time at the Chicago Auto Show 1989 and then moved to Honda Corp office in CA for a press release. I was invited to the showing and went to the Acura dealer that day and put a deposit on the car. I had a written contract that month. Early 1990, I received a questionnaire letter from Honda, that asked about my preference of color and other items, but stated it was not a commitment to a build date or the way the cars would be built. When the first shipment came in to CA, summer 1990, I picked up the car the first day. Most cars were not sold until the dealer received his next car so they had a car in stock to show customers. <O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
:smile:

I was maybe 10 (1996) I remember seeing the NSX in a Car & Driver magazine at some point, knew that I had to have it.

I'd looked at other cars throughout my high school and college career, was really reasonable and bought a 92 Prelude (extremely reliable) and then a TSX (extremely reliable, but boring). All I had left was the TSX, and it didn't have any character. I had to get something else...

Finally I decided to bite the bullet and buy the cheapest red NSX I could find. Best money I've spent so far :smile:

The only other car that I liked as much as the NSX was the F355, but one is in my price range and one isn't, ha.

1990. I was working for Honda back then and they were sending us to Phoenix for the GP. They showed us some of the pre-release photos. Only the second thing I ever feel in love with at first sight! My wife being the other! :biggrin:

It was 97 I was not into cars at the time. All I knew about cars was they had four wheels and stepping on the pedal on the right made you go, stepping on the pedal on the left made you stop. I didn't even know how to change a tire. A friend called me and ask if I could pick him up at Acura Carland in Atlanta. His 89 Legend was getting some maintenance done and they had to keep the car overnight. I got there and he was still talking to the service rep so I wandered over to the show room and to my right was this beautiful red sports car. I had no clue what a Ferrari looked like, but from what I heard about them I figured a Ferrari looked like something like this car in front of me. I don't remember how long I stood there drooling on myself admiring the work of art but it felt like forever. All of a sudden a salesman comes over and asks "you like this car?" I replied its Beautiful what is it. He told me its an Acura NSX. That name would stick in my head forever. Even though I could never afford the car the sales man opened the door without me asking and told me to have a seat. I sat in the car and the biggest grin on my face came on. I told my self I would have one. From that moment on I started learning about cars. Learning as much as I could about the NSX. Few years later (I think in '05) I got to ride in Chin Motorsport's Supercharged NSX around Road Atlanta. That didn't help my obsession. 13 years after seeing my first Acura NSX I would have that same cheesy grin on my face when I bought my very own 91.

I loved that game and intro. Wish they would release an updated version on PS3.

during 1995 summer school - just turned 18; me and 2 buddies were going to school one morning feeling all badass cruising in one of my friends gold color 1990 honda accord EXR coupe (LOL).

right before getting onto the hwy ramp both my friends screamed "NSX!!!!!!" complete with schoolgirl screaches; so of course i pay attention and see an early 90s red on black i recall; and some hottie asian girl was driving it.

back then i knew nothing about cars and still wasnt too too embarrassed having to drive around my dads chevy astro or moms nissan sentra for transportation.

i had no idea what the nsx was and didnt know how to compare cars at at all. my buddies gave me $h!t when i told them i thought that pontiac sunfires/chevy cavaliers looked better then the nsx; and that the cavaliers/sunfires provided better value.

LOL

Last edited:
It was in college before the 91 release, recall removing the staples out of the full page advertisement from some magazine and taped it up on my wall next to the mandatory posters of hot chicks, beer bottles, skiing, bands, etc... for someday in the vague future

Also saw the Spice NSX at Laguna Seca at one point in the 90's

Someday... indeed ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back