• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

how badly do targas flex??

i own a coupe an apprehensive about my targa friends complaining of flex.my friend lost his targa top on his viper at 110 mph due to flex on the freeway,yes it was locked down.there went 3000.00.it has not been replaced either.now...thats wrong!!

------------------

The NSX-T top doesn't flex a lot, and you won't lose it on the freeway.

As noted by one of the NSX experts at NSXPO 2000 last year, with most targa type cars, if you jack the entire car up by its center points, the distance between the top of the windshield and the top of the rear b-pillars will expand by several inches. With the NSX-T, it only changes by about a sixteenth of an inch. Now, that's a rigid body.

Which is not to say that there is zero flex or zero squeaking - but it's better than just about any other open-top car on the market.

That is terrible! I've never heard of someone losing their NSX-T panel at any speed as long as it was locked down.

Ken,

That's interesting hearing that from you. I know that you've always been a big fan of the rigid coupe vs. the flexing targa.

How big is the difference between a 97+ T and the 91-94 Coupe?

That's interesting hearing that from you. I know that you've always been a big fan of the rigid coupe vs. the flexing targa.

The designers of the NSX deserve credit for making the NSX-T as rigid as they did, even though it's not as rigid as the NSX coupe.

How big is the difference between a 97+ T and the 91-94 Coupe?

Those who have owned both - such as s2ktaxi and Lud - say it's quite noticeable. I'm sure the Forums Nazi can refer us to their previous posts if you're interested...
wink.gif

Back