• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Can I Get a 2005 OEM Shift Knob??

Hi,
Anyone know the best way I can get my hands on the last style OEM shift knob? I looked at a 2005 car the other day, and really like that style OEM knob. I'd like to get one for my 1998 NSX. I haven't yet called a dealer, but highly doubt I can order that as a replacement part through Acura. Thanks for any ideas.

Brand new is a $370 knob (54102-SL0-A01). Best bet is to post in NSX Parts Wanted too see if anyone has a 2005 knob for sale.

Last edited:
They sell used around $200, new is $325-$400, depending on the dealer.

I had two, one in each nsx, but I sold my 1991; if you PM the new owner, he might be interested in parting with it, 'makav3li' is his SN on nsxprime.

It really is the best shift knob for the nsx, it doesn't burn your hand, and smooths up shifting perfectly. It's not only weighted, it also has an internal rubber damper (hence the price).

You may want to consider something else if you can find it. I have it on my 2004 and the sharp edge of the top metal ring can irritate your palm after a lot of shifting all day. It does feel great otherwise, but I think it is mostly the round shape that contributes to the feel. My hands are not that delicate as I mountain bike and windsurf a lot so they are rather caloused but the center of the palm can get a bit sore. I guess if I drove the car more my palms would calouse, no jokes please :rolleyes:.

I have been thinking of changing over to a titanium ball sold by SOS except I know they are really cold in cool weather and can heat up incredibally in the summer in the sun. I just felt one on a freinds car and it was 50 degrees outside and the knob was much colder to the touch then mine, to the point of being anoying.

I wish that it didn't have that metal ring on the top as then it would be perfect. I don't want to mess with the OEM part and grind the ring down as I want to keep the stock part as is but would like to find something that isn't so irritating. If anyone knows of anything that will work as well as the '05 but without the ring and hot/cold issues of the SOS, let me know. Thanks.

Tytus

Tytus,
Sooo many staight lines.
It's Really hard to resist.
RogerRabbitImage01-200.JPG

That's why I took the premptive strike...I knew what would follow if I didn't.:redface:

If you live in a warm climate area, be prepared to have the thing burn your hand.

I love my 2005 OEM Shift Knob. I bought mine for the dealer after waiting 5 months trying to find a used one.

I've tried 10 other shift knobs for my NSX and I like this one the best.

If you can find a used one for less than $250, I'd jump on that deal.

If you buy my 2005 knob for $72k, you can have the rest of the car for free :biggrin:

Back