• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Do Dealerships Have NSX-S's for Sale

So I thought the whole deal with the pre-ordering and the waitlist and all that was that the Type-S cars would go to actual owners. So why are there four listed for sale at three different dealerships?

Last edited:
most likely the dealer principle or other exec was the original buyer..

Many dealers use software that automatically lists incoming cars on websites, even if those cars have been sold. That may be the case here.

Many dealers use software that automatically lists incoming cars on websites, even if those cars have been sold. That may be the case here.

That's correct. I forgot to mark mine sold, so many inquires Monday morning.

Any dealer principles that purchase the car for themselves cannot sell for 12 months or will face penalties from Acura. They are being pretty strict with these Type-S to prevent as much of that funny business as possible.

I am interested to see when the first customer delivered car comes for sale and what they are asking for it. An early numbered Gotham car could fetch deep in the $200k range on the used market with the amount of interest there was for this car and that color specifically. Every order we took was for the Gotham Gray, unfortunately none of my clients got it. We have a Thermal Orange car scheduled for production in June.

I predict a 3 handle on the first few sold....

the funny thing is there will be fewer Indy and curva than gotham...there maybe fewer than 70 total Indy NC1...not sure about curva over the whole run...

the funny thing is there will be fewer Indy and curva than gotham...there maybe fewer than 70 total Indy NC1...not sure about curva over the whole run...

We won't have final production figures until the last car rolls off the line. Clients with a later build dates can still change their order for a few more months but I would expect the initial estimates to be mostly accurate. I'd love to see total take rates for NC1 on colors and options as well as for Type-S specifically once production has ended.

Back