• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How does an average guy like me....

it may not be on the currency charts but in terms of inflation... BWAHAHAHA... were all getting screwed already and its only gonna get worse.

Where do you think the 700B for the bailout was gonna come from? PRINT MONEY = INFLATION...

more likely HYPER inflation.

it may not be on the currency charts but in terms of inflation... BWAHAHAHA... were all getting screwed already and its only gonna get worse.

Where do you think the 700B for the bailout was gonna come from? PRINT MONEY = INFLATION...

more likely HYPER inflation.

Right so like I said before...when the dollar is worth 30 cents it won't be hard for the Dow and Gold to meet.

1 sell everything

2 buy gold and wait

3 Profit!!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• onedollardg0.gif
    onedollardg0.gif
    58.3 KB · Views: 198
There is not enough information pointing in a single direction to justify what sort of economic environment we will be in several decades from now (not very useful regardless) because we don't even know where we will be 6 months from now.

Have you read the report from the former GAO head, Walker? It's pretty clear where we will be a couple of decades from now, in much deeper $hit than we ever dreamed possible. If you're under 35 right now, better start looking for ways to change the current government and get some fiscally responsible individuals in there, otherwise, reserve your refrigerator box right now.

There are an awful lot of respected economists that agree with Walker's assessment. If anyone isn't aware of our "real" national debt, please see:

www.PGPF.org

My season just ended for my primary income and I started looking around for a winter job. One of the jobs I applied to was a morticians assistant at a crematorium.

I figure in this economy that this will be stable work because....

1. In a bad economy people still die consistently.

2. In a bad economy more people are depressed and off themselves so there will be more work now.

3. In a bad economy people will have less money for burials so they get cremated instead.

Perhaps you guys should look into owning a crematorium.

Last edited:
Get ready to buy stuff cheap.
If you don't want to invest in the market then get ready to buy items cheap.

I don't think we are anywhere near the bottom yet.

Ever since my high school days of learning the economic cycle of inflation/depression I figured that at some point everything would bottom out, and no matter how much government attempted to intervene, that the old examples of the cycle of durable goods, for example, could be averted (I'm obviously a neophyte at matters of this kind, so please forgive any flawed analogies).

But viewing things as experienced financiers, do you feel that there is a good likelihood that things will ever get back to the point of bread lines and grinding poverty?

I find your threads on these issues very enlightening, and appreciate all of your insights.

How about short ETFs?

DOG
SH

Others?

I prefer EEV and DUG. But these are more aggressive, so buyer beware. EEV has lost 45% of its value in a single day.

Back