• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how does the 3L stock nsx engine handle 380rwhp?

fine if tuned properly ~400rwhp is considered a safe limit, some are running higher ~450rwhp with no issues...

But to answer your question with a proper tune you should be fine, check the health of your motor first by doing a compression leak down test first.

with good tune you'll be fine. I've been run 380wph for more than 2years now without any problem

Like everybody already said... the engine will live perfectly fine above the 400rwhp limit on a great tune or can die a horrible death at the 300rwhp level on a crappy tune... The engine shouldn't really be your concern...

I know that some don't like gauges in the car but I wouldn't be without an air fuel gauge in a forced induction car to make sure the tune remains in the safe area no matter what the outside weather is like.

I know that some don't like gauges in the car but I wouldn't be without an air fuel gauge in a forced induction car to make sure the tune remains in the safe area no matter what the outside weather is like.

Bob, are you running the A/F from both banks or just one?

Bob, are you running the A/F from both banks or just one?
Just installed car PC to the SOS Supercharged NSX. To be on the safe side I can see continuosly A/F ratio and EGT data for BOTH banks. (beside the other ususal data such as, water temp, oil temp, boost...)

Just installed car PC to the SOS Supercharged NSX. To be on the safe side I can see continuosly A/F ratio and EGT data for BOTH banks. (beside the other ususal data such as, water temp, oil temp, boost...)

Where do you get a car PC?

Where do you get a car PC?
My best friend's shop :)
http://hardverker.hu/catalog.php?category_id=310252&s=Sz%E1m%EDt%F3g%E9pek

NSX001CarPC

NSX001CarPC

https://picasaweb.google.com/105529877026823826441/NSX001CarPC#5535477465467927042
https://picasaweb.google.com/105529877026823826441/NSX001CarPC#5535477427610023058

Last edited:
I'm changing the clutch and putting in a 6 speed tran.
thanks guy's.

I think you might want to reconsider the 6speed if you are going to go the FI route. The taller gear on the 5-spd may serve you better and you won't be shifting every few seconds.

I tuned my stock 3.0 with 5 speed tranny supercharge on 8 psi and made 451rwhp and been over a year now with no issue.

I plan to touch or make over 500 hp on meth injection and headers by the end of this year on stock internal.

Most important is your tuner's ability to tune properly.

In your interior shot what are the 4 buttons to the rear of the shifter?

OMG, what a CLEAN interior! Sharp!

EDM/JDM options

1:Front fog/curve lights (Or DRL's as you call them)
2:Rear fog light
3:Headlight height adjustment
4:Headlight washer's

I think you might want to reconsider the 6speed if you are going to go the FI route. The taller gear on the 5-spd may serve you better and you won't be shifting every few seconds.
I've already got a nsxr 5speed and the ratios on the 6 speed are the same just with a shorter 5th and 6th. Honda were mad to to put such a long ratio gearbox in the nsx. Changing back to first for slow corners is no fun for me. And on the track the 6 speed wins over the 5 speed everyday.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Stock 3.0 with sc 8 psi making 451rwhp? How do you achieve that? Pleas share :)

I'm stock 3.0 with 9.5psi only making 405rwhp.

Henry.

I tuned my stock 3.0 with 5 speed tranny supercharge on 8 psi and made 451rwhp and been over a year now with no issue.

I plan to touch or make over 500 hp on meth injection and headers by the end of this year on stock internal.

Most important is your tuner's ability to tune properly.

Back