• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how does the 3L stock nsx engine handle 380rwhp?

I've already got a nsxr 5speed and the ratios on the 6 speed are the same just with a shorter 5th and 6th.

hey funky, assuming you have JDM 5SP only 1st gear is same as 6SP:

5SP: 3.071, 1.952, 1.400, 1.033, 0.771
6SP: 3.071, 1.956, 1.428, 1.125, 0.914, 0.717

The comments from US guys about 5SP being good for track in FI app is partly 'cos their 5SP is lots taller from 2nd up:
3.071, 1.727, 1.230, 0.967, 0.771

Last edited:
**NOT TO HI JACK THIS THREAD**

just did some minor tune trimming, still keeping the same *PSI* and made 473.4hp on the same dynojet as tuned before and made 451hp.

Setup for those that are wondering:
Vortech Eng. charger, oil feed
watercool intercooler with liquid to air heat exchanger
stock block/head
stock exhaust manifolds with test pipes and Taitec exhaust

Still plan to do meth injection and upgrade exhaust manifold to see where it takes me.

Thanks

Perfectly.

My 94 dyno'd at 400 with a Comptech SC with high boost pulley on a stock internal motor and I put 36,000 miles on it without a hicup.

Was by far a great car to drive and a lot less headaches I have now :)

hi guys, just want to know how reliable the stock engine is at 380rwhp? sc or turbo
thanks

Perfectly.

My 94 dyno'd at 400 with a Comptech SC with high boost pulley on a stock internal motor and I put 36,000 miles on it without a hicup.

Was by far a great car to drive and a lot less headaches I have now :)

Werd.

I'm too busy dealing with the headaches of tossing the car in the shop everytime something needs to be fixed or upgrade. The extra power sometimes just doesn't seem to be worth the time that I miss a perfectly good driving day....

No kidding Bat !!!!!

I am seriously thinking of taking the spare motor build I'm in the process of building and going back to SC at some point. Try to get that 425 to 450 and call it a day.

It's no fun having a car that you can't drive everyday, especially the NSX, even though I do anyway and pay the price :)

Werd.

I'm too busy dealing with the headaches of tossing the car in the shop everytime something needs to be fixed or upgrade. The extra power sometimes just doesn't seem to be worth the time that I miss a perfectly good driving day....

No kidding Bat !!!!!

I am seriously thinking of taking the spare motor build I'm in the process of building and going back to SC at some point. Try to get that 425 to 450 and call it a day.

It's no fun having a car that you can't drive everyday, especially the NSX, even though I do anyway and pay the price :)

Amen.

That seems to be a sweet spot for reliable fun that will take out 98% of stock cars.

At some point I've just come to terms that anything past a certain power to weight ratio starts to show it's diminishing return when u factor in what I mentioned and the fun.

I totally agree with you Bat...

Amen.

That seems to be a sweet spot for reliable fun that will take out 98% of stock cars.

At some point I've just come to terms that anything past a certain power to weight ratio starts to show it's diminishing return when u factor in what I mentioned and the fun.

Bat, so at what point did you start having problems?

Ive no problems so far.

What does this mean, then? You speaking in Jim Lab code?

Werd.

What does this mean, then? You speaking in Jim Lab code?

Werd.

My only problem related to the increase of power was with the Laminova leaking. Driving it all the way back up from the Bay Area to Sacramento.

Last edited:
Bats, a question for the ignorant. How did you notice it was leaking? If it was an internal leak you probably didn't notice it right away, right?

My first symptom is that I was smelling coolant in the engine compartment.

Then I noticed what appears to be some sorta liquid that was oozing out from where the inter-cooler attached to the engine.

When I checked the plastic reservoir it had to be filled up often enough to tell me that it's not some residual air bubbles that was trapped during the installation (which is understandable).

Shad told me to be careful since there is a chance that if there is enough coolant sippage that I may experience Hydrolock, which if memory served me write he did cite some example with a customer.

Back