• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How has getting your NSX changed your life??

OK guys...

I still consider myself a newbie to this site. I've been an NSX fanatic for years. My goal is to get an NSX later this summer. How has getting one changed your life?...more confidence? fun? security? crazy andrenaline rushes?

Think back to when you first got it. It may be hard for some because you've had it for so long? I'm really curious... When that vision became a reality what changes started to take place?? If you had to pick the biggest positive change what would that be??

--Phillip

[This message has been edited by phillyt (edited 27 January 2003).]

Well....

For me, the biggest indicator that I have an NSX in my life is the fact that I still log in to NSXPrime almost every day, to read the various topics, questions, observations and stories about this car.
I have stored this car over the winter (its my second winter with an NSX), and I'm pining for the driving experience on a daily basis (it's currently -25 degC
frown.gif
). Even last fall, I was going out to the garage occasionally to sit in it, or take it out for a drive "just because...."

I guess it boils down to the fact that it has made me a car nut again--no other vehicle I've owned previously has done that. Keep up your dream to own one...you will not be disappointed!

------------------
Steve
Formula Red '97-T

Welcome to the forum.

For me, it was the realization that I could achieve anything I wanted to (the NSX had always been my dream car, and something I thought unattainable). Otherwise, I'm the same person I've always been.
shrug.gif

Oh, it has allowed me to meet some nice folks.
thumbup2.gif

Now if you want to ask how it changed other people's perception of me...
wink.gif

Originally posted by bonzo:
Well....

I guess it boils down to the fact that it has made me a car nut again--no other vehicle I've owned previously has done that. Keep up your dream to own one...you will not be disappointed!

I would have to agree with Steve. I haven't had this much fun or been as addicted to a car since my first one, over 25 years ago, and I've had some pretty cool toys in between!!

------------------
97 NSX-T Black/Tan
00 Mercedes 430CLK (Cab)
93 Cadillac Allante (Northstar) - For Sale
98 GMC Sierra
00 HD Dyna WideGlide
83 Cessna 303 (Crusader)

Originally posted by phillyt:
OK guys...
If you had to pick the biggest positive change what would that be??

[This message has been edited by phillyt (edited 27 January 2003).]

To be enjoying a multidimensional pleasure and satisfaction.

The completeness and diversity of satisfaction that owning an NSX means:

the incredible thrill of driving it, seeing it, touching it, hearing it and smelling it ( leather cockpit )

and also to enjoy the feeling of being in the nicest car in the world aesthetically, "engineery" and "overally" speaking...

When I am driving my NSX I do feel that I contribute to make the world nicer...

Everything is in the way you do things not what you do...

Owning an NSX is a concrete action toward making a commitment for excellence and beauty.
Also an action for promoting these superb values...

effer

Ditto to Phoe<FONT COLOR=red>N$X</FONT> 's good points.

For me the NSX has been like falling in love; the sky is bluer, the grass is greener... i hear and appreciate the birds singing... the sun is brighter, as is life. While that is slightly exaggerated, having an object of great beauty helps me appreciate other things of beauty as well.

It has also helped me appreciate the 'cool' things in life too...
burnout.gif

The NSX made me a better driver (negate that i got a ticket @ 140mph) but overall my driving dynamics have changed. Spun the car about 4 times early on and now knowing the limits of the car I enjoy it even more.

Negate Effects: Moolah!! Do you guys realize I can drop at least 20K into my car for upgrades just to get it to where i want it?

By far the biggest positive change I experienced after becoming an NSX owner is that I became a hell of a lot more social. This was the BIGGEST surprise of all...since I have very rarely in my life felt a need to seek out new friends.

Though I already had been quite active on the net, I became a lot more so once I discovered NSX Prime. NSX Prime hosted the first public forum of which I became a regular participant. I never would have guessed I'd be visiting such a site more than once a day...just for the heck of it. What's more, I had never attempted to meet anyone I chatted with online until NSX Prime...and several of those I've met I now consider friends.

Even amongst my long-time friends, I'm not necessarily one who likes to plan group events, but I found myself organizing an NSX-S2000-ITR drive with complete strangers just months after I bought my NSX.

Outside of school I had never once considered joining social clubs, but I eagerly signed up with the NSXCA just days after my first drive...and regularly attend the monthly dinner meetings.

Aside from the social aspects, I experienced many other positive changes after my NSX dream became a reality: I gained a huge amount of confidence behind the wheel (making me a lot more relaxed in even the worst traffic situations), developed a need for speed (which will likely lead me to track my NSX later this year), gained a much larger appreciation for the engineering behind automobiles, became a lot more courteous to other car owners (I'll never be the cause of a door ding), and much, much more. I have definitely become more of a thrill seeker since getting my NSX, though this could purely be coincidental.

Oh, and I learned that dreams are great, but reality IS vastly superior.
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Owned my NSX for 5 1/2 years now. Made a TON of new friends and the car brought me to the track where I'm a much better driver.

I'm soooooooooooo glad I bought an NSX.
biggrin.gif

Well, I certainly spend a lot of time on various activities that are associated with the NSX - posting every once in a while
wink.gif
on NSXprime, working on behalf of the NSXCA, helping the planning for NSXPO...

But, like akira3d, the biggest impact on my life is all the friends I have made because of my NSX. Many of my best friends are people I met at NSX Club meetings and at NSXPO, and I also now get together with them outside of NSXCA functions. And I have found that the same is true of many of my fellow NSX Club members.

As much as I love the car and so many things about the car, what the NSX Club (and NSXprime) are really all about, and what really matters, are all the NSX people, not merely the cars. People sharing information and helping each other and enjoying each other's company. That's what a community is, and that's what the NSX community is all about.

Originally posted by akira3d:

NSX Prime hosted the first public forum of which I became a regular participant. I never would have guessed I'd be visiting such a site more than once a day...just for the heck of it. What's more, I had never attempted to meet anyone I chatted with online until NSX Prime...and several of those I've met I now consider friends.

Ditto that, although i've only meet one b/c so few of these cars exist in KC.

Always been a nut about all cars and owned several Acura's, but never thought about owning one. Just did it after some long research. The down side is my thoughts about getting back into racing b/c after driving i'm not satisfied and the 2 tickets.

Other changes:
1)Always laugh when younger crowd gives the thumbs-up to the old guy (41).

2)Occasional clover leaf speeding, when no one is around of course.

3)Watching the look on my 73 year old mom when she got her first ride.

4)The reaction of my wife when other women take a look when were on a date.

5)Priceless looks on the kids faces when the top is off & the tubi does its thing, and who gets to ride first.

More personal experiences I guess, other than those i'm still the same and life is still the same. Its all good.

Hey Guys...

Thanks for the specific and informative replies!! My purpose for asking how your life has been positively impacted is for a reason.

....because the more I read the more associated I get to wanting an NSX and the quicker I'll be able to make it a reality.

...I guess for me that the car will be a symbol for success/achievement for what a person is capable of.

...However talk and actually have gotten the car is a totally different ballgame. You guys have been there and done it. My positive perception will probably multiple a hundred times over when that dream becomes real for me.

...So anyways keep sending more positive responses because again the more I read the more associated I get to making that vision a reality.

...Not only that but you guys get to re-associate to what that car REALLY means for you. It's not just an ordinary car. There's a little more to it based on what I reading from you all.

Thanks-Phillip

I eat cheaper...

Dont buy clothes that much anymore...

Helped me learn how to spend a ridiculous amount of money basically..

Glad the car is paid off =)

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Oh, it has allowed me to meet some nice folks.
Could not agree more, Phoenix. I thought it was a great car before buying one, now I get to know a whole society with helpful, friendly NSX-addicts which together is an enormous resource for any topic one feel for discussing.
And my NSX is always an object to start conversations with totally strangers. It is amazing how many out there who wants to own a sportscar.

------------------
Have a Honda-experience every day!

Jon
'91 NSX for summer & '97 CR-V for winter

Edwardo to the public:

Edwardo says, "It's just a great looking car that is fun to drive."

Edwardo to himself...late at night...in his garage with the NSX:

*Edwardo has a demonic/crazed grin on his face*

Edwardo then very quietly says, "It's... my precious."

Just thought I would do a little Lord of the Rings spoof guys! I will say this about the NSX. I have owned it for a month now. In that time, I drove it from San Fran to Dallas. I then put an additional thousand miles on the car. Said miles were bliss.

I also met up with the Dallas NSX members club at Starbucks. The guys are extremely nice and knowledgeable about cars. I had a great time and I am looking forward to more gatherings.

My next task to do with the NSX is to join the NSXCA. I have been too lazy to send in me form.

To answer your question directly. Every time I look at the NSX, it puts a smile on my face. To me, that is worth the cost of ownership.

The NSX has been my dream car I wanted to have for a long time but never thought I would. Until last year. Has it changed my life? Yes, it has.

First. I have met some great new friends that I can share my interest with. For me, this is very important because otherwise the NSX would be a solo-experience and that would take away much of the fun.
Second. I've been to the track with the car and I think I'm a better driver than I used to be. This year, I will attend the NSX-trophy races all over Europe when I can find the time and I will undoubtedly meet many more great people. Also, given time, I will take extra driving lessons to be a better driver still. In the NSX I feel like I'm attached to the car and subconsciously feel every little move it makes.
Third. I have seriously taken an interest in cars again. That is, in a more active fashion instead of just reading about them. The NSX is the only car I've worked on myself or that I WANTED to know inside out.
Fourth. I spend a lot more money on driving & cars now than I have ever done before. Having driving the cheapest cars before (and still do) to save money the NSX is, of course, quite a difference. The thing is though, with the NSX I don't mind spending 800 Euros on tires or 100E on floormats whereas in my other car(s) I wouldn't even have think about it.
Fifth. I love the fact that you get addressed by people you've never met before just on the basis of the car your drive. On the street, at a gasstation. At work.
Sixth. Unfortunately, I'm also getting a lot more tickets than before. About two every month. I know I know, my fault, but I can't seem to help it.
Seven. I feel like I'm many years younger. The little boy inside you might say. Silly perhaps but for me just driving the NSX can make a bad day shine again.
Eight. The NSX seems to be on my mind a lot of time. No other car has ever done that period. Likewise, NSX-prime is a site I visit practically every single day.
Nine. My social life seems to have changed and seems to have become a lot more active. Honestly though, after my last serious relationship broke up two years ago, my social life already had become more active but the NSX certainly has had no adverse effects and probably did its part by just being there. I'm pretty sure about this because if I'm asked to give someone a lift (woman naturally
wink.gif
) the question 'which car will you take' always seems to come up.
Ten. I just love the car
biggrin.gif

1. I'm eating alot more hamburger than steak since the NSX
smile.gif

2. I'm losing weight and staying fit so I can look 20 years younger to go with my attitude!

The NSX has had a positive effect. I still smile knowing it's in my garage.

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Originally posted by Edwardo:
My next task to do with the NSX is to join the NSXCA. I have been too lazy to send in me form.

It's possible to join without sending in the form. You can pay by Paypal or you can join over the phone. Click here for details.

Back