• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How has this economy affected your income?

Income

• increased

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • unchanged

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • decreased 0 - 19%

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • decreased 20 - 39%

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • decreased 40 - 59%

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • decreased over 60%

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • lost job

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
I created this same poll in Fchat. It will be interesting to see how Prime members are holding up.

Since the start of this recession, how has your income changed?

Lost my job of 10 years but found a new one that paid more within 4 months.

Our company had a layoff; however, the profit sharing pool was not reduced. As a result, my bonus this year was more than twice of last year's due to less people to share the profit with.

Got laid off August 08 and haven't found anything yet 13 months later. Lost house, car, lost healthcare, sick from my diabetes as can't get medication anymore. So yeah, economy pretty much ruined my life, lol.

Got laid off August 08 and haven't found anything yet 13 months later. Lost house, car, lost healthcare, sick from my diabetes as can't get medication anymore. So yeah, economy pretty much ruined my life, lol.

Man, I thought I had it bad in this economy...I hope you find a health care provider for your illness.

I was laid off in March of 2009 and given a 3 months severance package, but found new employment in 23 days at 20% higher than where I was. That same new employer just promoted me to Senior Management and I was given a 10% increase just a few days ago.

Stock portfolio was WAY down.. but earlier this week, I sold half of it when it recovered for a positive gain. I made a 104% profit on Freddie Mac, and was holding 5000 shares.

So basically, I've been very lucky and blessed that things have worked out in my favor.

So sorry to hear of your outcome as a result of the economic downturn. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

The economy has not impacted me either way income wise, although I did just get a 35+K bump. It was either that or I take my clients and start my own company. They made it easy to stay.

I was part of some layoffs, but then after three weeks of me getting drunk daily the boss calls me up and asks me if I was working anywhere. Said no, and he said to come in on monday for my old job. I had to "prove" my skill though by plowing a field on a gigantic piece of logging equipment on the weekend beforehand. No, this isn't even close to being related to my job. That was over a year ago and still going good.

Doing well. Making more dough now than I ever have. Working much more but my cup still runneth over.

I got 6% rise. When the economy goes to crap, crime goes up. I’m fortunate enough to have a recession proof Job.:smile:

Back