• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How long do you intend to keep your NSX?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering whether any of you is going to keep your NSX forever. Or trade in for newer NSX or Ferraris
smile.gif

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my '91 NSX in July of 1997. I still own it and plan to keep it for quite some time. I may consider upgrading to a '97-'99 Monte Carlo Blue/Black NSX-T in a couple years.

Vytas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also bought my '91 NSX in 1997, but recently got rid of it for a new 2002 M3 Convertible. I see myself picking another one (95-97) up in a couple of years after the new 2004 NSX comes out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
I bought my '91 in April of 2001 and have no plans on getting rid of it any time soon.

I bought my '91 new in December of 1990 and have no plans on getting rid of it any time soon.
wink.gif

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm keeping mine forever!!! ;P I plan on maintaining it as the classic it will become one day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a '94 and I intend to keep driving it until it wont drive anymore... (which might take a while)

I wont rule out getting another NSX, but I would still keep this one around.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
Ive got a '94 and I intend to keep driving it until it wont drive anymore...

I've got a '91 and I intend to keep driving it until I can't drive anymore...
wink.gif

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, wow!
A lot of you want to keep yours forever! That's always nice to hear!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would consider getting a next gen NSX after
it was 2 or 3 years old if the new car has a V8, 400 hp and is as beautiful as the current model. Otherwise I'll never sell.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though my current one is not my first color choice('91 Black/Ivory). It will be challenging to find a nicer,cleaner used NSX, any year for that matter. So unless I find a superior car in either Silver(s) or Blue(s) that worth the extra $$$$, I'll keep this one as long as possible. I will always have a first generation NSX in my garage. F-cars and others will be just "my other toy".

sjs

Legendary Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've still got the 1969 Datsun 510 I bought in 1975, so I guess I'll have the NSX for awhile. However, it isn't a garage queen so it will look it's age, but I don't mind.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 05 April 2002).]

Number9

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The earlier of forever or when the GT40 comes out in the old Gulf blue/orange paint scheme.

--twc

99 NSX-Z SC (360 RWHP)
95 Dinan M3 SC (290 RWHP)
95 BMW M3 (Bone Stock)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used 3 year old 1974 Honda CB750K in 1977. I plan on driving it till the day I die or am unable to ride. I completely rebuilt it 2 years ago, frame & all. I expect to do the same with the used '92 NSX I bought 2 years ago. It had been a garage queen and had only 22K miles. I'm over 33K now and I will take care of it and rebuild the engine as necessary when the time comes, until then I will drive it and modify it to make it better than original.

Fritz

sjs

Legendary Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by Number9:
The earlier of forever or when the GT40 comes out in the old Gulf blue/orange paint scheme.

A good friend just convinced a dealer in Indy to take a deposit on the GT40, hoping it actually happens.

Have you noticed that one of the new Ford commercials has a brief glimpse of one in your favorite colors?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to say that I intend to keep my NSX forever. However, my dream is to own a '97 or newer NSX because of the many modifications. I have had so many debates with current and former NSX owner's about this. I just have my heart set on that particular NSX (preferably a hardtop). Some of you guys remember my post last year about wanting the hardtop post '97 NSX. Alot of you made me feel content with getting a T-top. So, once I get my hands on a post '97 I will be in NSX heaven. Now the real question is. What happens to your NSX after you pass on? Most will leave it to there significant others I suppose.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on keeping my '91 NSX to someday give to my now almost 14 year old son (probably when he's 35 or so).
smile.gif

I originally bought my '91 back in early '96 from the original owner with about 15,000 miles on the car, then sold it in January '97 to a good friend of mine when I bought a new Viper GTS, and bought it back from him last spring with about 19,000 miles. It now has just barely over 21,000 miles.

I regretted ever selling the car in the first place in '97, and unless I can find a near perfect '96-'97 to replace it with, I'll keep mine from now on.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by BladesNSX:
What happens to your NSX after you pass on? Most will leave it to there significant others I suppose.

There was an elderly (71, I believe) gentleman who was a member of the NSX Club of America and who passed away a few years ago. At first, his widow was going to sell the car. However, as it turns out, I can only guess she must have decided to keep it; she has renewed her membership each year and per her request, we re-issued her club membership card in her own name.

Let's hope we can all feel that way when we reach that age...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is an excellent story, and, you know, as a fairly new member, it is nice to know i've joined that type of community.

hey, ken, thanks again(belatedly) for getting us together in chicago. nice to meet everyone.