• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How long do you intend to keep your NSX?

I was just wondering whether any of you is going to keep your NSX forever. Or trade in for newer NSX or Ferraris
smile.gif

I bought my '91 NSX in July of 1997. I still own it and plan to keep it for quite some time. I may consider upgrading to a '97-'99 Monte Carlo Blue/Black NSX-T in a couple years.

Vytas

I also bought my '91 NSX in 1997, but recently got rid of it for a new 2002 M3 Convertible. I see myself picking another one (95-97) up in a couple of years after the new 2004 NSX comes out.

Originally posted by Michigan NSX:
I bought my '91 in April of 2001 and have no plans on getting rid of it any time soon.

I bought my '91 new in December of 1990 and have no plans on getting rid of it any time soon.
wink.gif

I'm keeping mine forever!!! ;P I plan on maintaining it as the classic it will become one day.

Ive got a '94 and I intend to keep driving it until it wont drive anymore... (which might take a while)

I wont rule out getting another NSX, but I would still keep this one around.

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
Ive got a '94 and I intend to keep driving it until it wont drive anymore...

I've got a '91 and I intend to keep driving it until I can't drive anymore...
wink.gif

Oh, wow!
A lot of you want to keep yours forever! That's always nice to hear!

I would consider getting a next gen NSX after
it was 2 or 3 years old if the new car has a V8, 400 hp and is as beautiful as the current model. Otherwise I'll never sell.

Even though my current one is not my first color choice('91 Black/Ivory). It will be challenging to find a nicer,cleaner used NSX, any year for that matter. So unless I find a superior car in either Silver(s) or Blue(s) that worth the extra $$$$, I'll keep this one as long as possible. I will always have a first generation NSX in my garage. F-cars and others will be just "my other toy".

Well, I've still got the 1969 Datsun 510 I bought in 1975, so I guess I'll have the NSX for awhile. However, it isn't a garage queen so it will look it's age, but I don't mind.

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 05 April 2002).]

The earlier of forever or when the GT40 comes out in the old Gulf blue/orange paint scheme.

--twc

99 NSX-Z SC (360 RWHP)
95 Dinan M3 SC (290 RWHP)
95 BMW M3 (Bone Stock)

I bought a used 3 year old 1974 Honda CB750K in 1977. I plan on driving it till the day I die or am unable to ride. I completely rebuilt it 2 years ago, frame & all. I expect to do the same with the used '92 NSX I bought 2 years ago. It had been a garage queen and had only 22K miles. I'm over 33K now and I will take care of it and rebuild the engine as necessary when the time comes, until then I will drive it and modify it to make it better than original.

Fritz

Originally posted by Number9:
The earlier of forever or when the GT40 comes out in the old Gulf blue/orange paint scheme.

A good friend just convinced a dealer in Indy to take a deposit on the GT40, hoping it actually happens.

Have you noticed that one of the new Ford commercials has a brief glimpse of one in your favorite colors?

I would love to say that I intend to keep my NSX forever. However, my dream is to own a '97 or newer NSX because of the many modifications. I have had so many debates with current and former NSX owner's about this. I just have my heart set on that particular NSX (preferably a hardtop). Some of you guys remember my post last year about wanting the hardtop post '97 NSX. Alot of you made me feel content with getting a T-top. So, once I get my hands on a post '97 I will be in NSX heaven. Now the real question is. What happens to your NSX after you pass on? Most will leave it to there significant others I suppose.

------------------
'91 blk/blk NSX
'96 Green Integra GSR
'02 CBR F4i Yellow/Black
Honda rules

I plan on keeping my '91 NSX to someday give to my now almost 14 year old son (probably when he's 35 or so).
smile.gif

I originally bought my '91 back in early '96 from the original owner with about 15,000 miles on the car, then sold it in January '97 to a good friend of mine when I bought a new Viper GTS, and bought it back from him last spring with about 19,000 miles. It now has just barely over 21,000 miles.

I regretted ever selling the car in the first place in '97, and unless I can find a near perfect '96-'97 to replace it with, I'll keep mine from now on.

Originally posted by BladesNSX:
What happens to your NSX after you pass on? Most will leave it to there significant others I suppose.

There was an elderly (71, I believe) gentleman who was a member of the NSX Club of America and who passed away a few years ago. At first, his widow was going to sell the car. However, as it turns out, I can only guess she must have decided to keep it; she has renewed her membership each year and per her request, we re-issued her club membership card in her own name.

Let's hope we can all feel that way when we reach that age...

that is an excellent story, and, you know, as a fairly new member, it is nice to know i've joined that type of community.

hey, ken, thanks again(belatedly) for getting us together in chicago. nice to meet everyone.

Back