• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many NSX members have the SOS LED Taillight conversion?

How many NSX members have Clearcorner LED Taillight conversion?

I love my NSX and have no desire to mod it anymore as it's currently in the perfect condition I want it. Only thing I may change out is the wheels down the road.

The NSX as we all know it is a timeless car with a style that can never grow old. The lines of it is just perfect for an exotic of any era. The front of the car is quite high tech with the the xenon headlights and LED bulbs I've added.

However the rear is a bit more dated looking - especially at night. I've seen the Clearcorner LED taillight conversion and it looks awesome!

How many of you have this setup? For those who bought it, did you do a core swap? Or can you buy the LED tails as a complete part. I would like to keep my OEM tails if want to put it back to stock one day....

Pictures of your ride would be nice too if you have the LED conversion! :smile:

thanks for any input,
rick

Last edited:
You mean (JDM) taillight conversion from SOS?

or the (LED) taillight conversion from ClearCorners?

Science of Speed doesn’t have a LED taillight conversion.

You mean (JDM) taillight conversion from SOS?

or the (LED) taillight conversion from ClearCorners?

Science of Speed doesn’t have a LED taillight conversion.

OOPS, I meant Clearcorners.com (my bad, I corrected my first post)! :wink:

I found a few online so hope the owners are ok with me posting:

IMG_02811.JPG

nsxwarehouse1.png

MY FAVORITE ONE:
DSC_0046.jpg

Last edited:
Patience grasshopper. Theres a couple of different threads currently addressing this. Lets see what they can offer.:smile:

Rick, there are a lot of people using our products on PRIME.. search around, you'll find plenty of threads (some more amusing than others!).

Just an FYI, if you're using the 91-01 headlights I wouldnt suggest running an HID kit with them, its illegal and the results will never compete with a factory DOT-compliant xenon headlight that you find on any production car.

There's been a lot of controversy regarding HID retrofits throughout the years, but my stand hasnt changed a bit (again, search through the archives and you'll find plenty of discussion on the topic).

If you want a good DOT-compliant setup, I would suggest NSX owners to either upgrade to the 02-05 front-end w/ the xenon-spec headlights -or- if you want to keep the 91-01 front end, have the halogen-spec projectors swapped out with DOT-compliant xenon-spec projectors from another vehicle.

The way I see it is, do it right or dont do it at all. It may cost more, but its the _right_ way (not to mention, the safest solution for you and everyone else on the road).

Cheers,

mike / clearcorners.com

Rick, there are a lot of people using our products on PRIME.. search around, you'll find plenty of threads (some more amusing than others!).

Just an FYI, if you're using the 91-01 headlights I wouldnt suggest running an HID kit with them, its illegal and the results will never compete with a factory DOT-compliant xenon headlight that you find on any production car.

There's been a lot of controversy regarding HID retrofits throughout the years, but my stand hasnt changed a bit (again, search through the archives and you'll find plenty of discussion on the topic).

If you want a good DOT-compliant setup, I would suggest NSX owners to either upgrade to the 02-05 front-end w/ the xenon-spec headlights -or- if you want to keep the 91-01 front end, have the halogen-spec projectors swapped out with DOT-compliant xenon-spec projectors from another vehicle.

The way I see it is, do it right or dont do it at all. It may cost more, but its the _right_ way (not to mention, the safest solution for you and everyone else on the road).

Cheers,

mike / clearcorners.com

thanks for the reply Mike - I already have 2002+ oem headlamps and VERY happy with my setup right now:

6000k D2S bulbs and V-LED DRL bulbs (only thing that bugs me is the amber piece in there!)

As for the rear, I really like your LED setup but I don't want to donate my oem lenses for retrofit.

btw I'm quite familiar with doing projector retrofits on various cars and know the advantages but it's not needed in my NSX's case. We put s2000 projectors on my 2001 Prelude :)

rk

There is nothing wrong with donating your set for the conversion.

Mine came back looking better than new. Mike at Clearcorners did a fantastic job on putting these back together. It looks better than OEM (the back side that you can't see) and there are less nuts to screw on when you re-install them.

Worst comes to worst...you will have zero problems finding someone to trade with you their set + cash if you don't like it. I get offers all of the time from other owners and I don't even want to part it out.

Back