• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how many of you have referred to the nsx as "x"

I have on rare occasions, but then i feel like a jackass. The problem with that is it could be many cars, 300zx, rsx, gsx, its almost too generic.
I just like hte way n s x rolls off the tongue... :cool:

Nope i have never called it that. Like paladin said it could mean too many different things, besides i like the way nsx sounds :D .

Never.

To me, "X" is what you call something where you don't know its real name. Folks who call it an X sound like they're saying "that mystery car", when they don't know what it is, or don't want other people to know what it is.

It's an NSX. I'm proud to call it an NSX. And when folks ask me what an NSX is, I'm happy to tell them all about it.

NSX. Spread the word. ;)

I think it sounds cheesy to say that. Like you are to good to say the true name of it and if someone doen't know what it means then they don't deserve to.
I have the same feelings as all the other prior posts.

Actually, the only time i seem to do it is when i make bad puns
"Later guys, gonna go mess around with the X"
"I was cruising with the X going down the road and i punched her! It was great!"
best one:
"My damn X has been bitching at me all day" (day the engine light came on for some problems with the injectors)

I personally do it from time to time and I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Hell, nobody knows what a NSX is anyway. ;)

I don't really think of any other cars when I say "X".

Calling it the "X" cheapens the car. It has a proper name and it is a respectable car. As someone already stated that the name "NSX" is already not well known to the general public, why make it more obscure?
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Calling it the "X" cheapens the car.

Does calling a 300ZX twin turbo a "Z" cheapen the car?

Does calling a Thunderbird a "T-bird" cheapen the car?

Doesn't to me.

Do people ever ask you what "NSX" means? I read that it was the code name when Acura was developing it and it was "New Sportscar eXperiemental". I know, it's prolly in the FAQ somewhere. ;-)

I call it the Acura or the NSX - never the "X". I also don't call it "Frisco" when you are from the Bay Area it is always San Francisco. Tourists call it Frisco.

I call it my Acura sports car. When I've said "NSX" I've had people think I'm saying something about sex and look at me kind of puzzled and strange.

Never have, never will.

Unlike the name "Z", which defines the family lineage, "X" can mean multiple things in Acura/Honda history (i.e. CRX, TL-X (3.2TL Prototype), RSX, TSX, etc.).

nsxtasy said:
Never.

To me, "X" is what you call something where you don't know its real name. Folks who call it an X sound like they're saying "that mystery car", when they don't know what it is, or don't want other people to know what it is.

It's an NSX. I'm proud to call it an NSX. And when folks ask me what an NSX is, I'm happy to tell them all about it.

NSX. Spread the word. ;)

I agree! Spread the word :D No other car like it!

John

The only cars I have called "X" in a slang manner were my few 1969 Plymouth GTX's that I've owned through the years...

I, NetViper, from this moment forward, do here by swear to never call the NSX a "X" again. :)

Never, nobody would no what i was talking about. Actually even saying 'NSX' most people don't know what the hell i'm talking about!

I don't and I never will.

I do agree that calling a Datsun/Nissan Z-car a "Z" is different than calling an NSX an "X"...even tho when I had my 300ZX Twin Turbo, I called it "the 300." I alway thought Z or Z-car was for the earlier Datsuns and never referred to my car as the Z, even though most of my friends did.

I also had a Z-28 when I was younger and referred to it, strangely as "the Z-28."

My wife drives an Acura MDX SUV, and I sometimes visit the MDX forum and a lot of those guys refer to their MDX's as X. So, keep that in mind all you NSXr's who refer to your car as an X.

As a side note, we never know what to refer to the MDX as besides "the MDX." She calls it her "car" and I usually call it her "truck." 'Honey, lets take your mid-sized, crossover SUV today' doesn't roll off the tongue.

Maybe the tendency to call it "X" is greater here in Germany because the abbreviation "NS" is occupied by our darkest times of history. Nearly nothing has this types here - AFAIK not even licence plates are allowed here with this combination.

Back