• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

how many people have remote start on their NSX?

im debating to do this on my NSX or not..

i already bought the viper 791VX

scared of it being in 1st gear and going forward...

D'Ecosse made a tutorial on how to wire it up safely so it wont do that..

but is it worth it..

hm...

Hi

One of my many joys owning a NSX is to sit in the car. Turn the key. Hearing the fuelpump and then start the engine. Makes me smile everytime. :)

Why do you want a remote starter? I would like a remote starter on my winter beater, but not on the NSX.

Regards

Well obviously I have it!
It gives you the ability to start your car & allow it to warm the engine up - advantages in the summer are that the A/C will help to cool off the interior & in the winter warm it up!
It's not a big deal to add it the installation when you already have the feature on the alarm system - then you can choose to use it or not as you see fit.

martin said:
Hi

One of my many joys owning a NSX is to sit in the car. Turn the key. Hearing the fuelpump and then start the engine. Makes me smile everytime. :)

Why do you want a remote starter? I would like a remote starter on my winter beater, but not on the NSX.

Regards

cause sometimes when im in a hurry i dont have to wait for it to warm up.. when i have to go right away when i first start it up i can only drive around 2k-3k rpm.. cause its not fully warmed up..
its just a nice thing to have too i guess..?
i just dont want to start it in first..lol

I just noticed you are in VA - having just returned from there (have frequent business in Richmond) I would definitely have it so I could cool the car off before getting in!

I have it, and as Ken aptly put it, the benefits are when the weather is extreme. AC for the summer, and heater for the winter. The alarm will still let you start the car with the key, but the option is there at your fingertips should you want to start it up in the house before you head out. No real disadvantage to having it.

NSXchnk said:
i just dont want to start it in first..lol
If you follow these instructions it is impossible to have it crank in gear. If your are really paranoid you could add an additional safety interlock with the parking brake as well as netutral switch.
Did you wire yours up like this Yawwn?

Hi Ken,
Actually, the way my system works is that it will only allow me to remote start if I follow a certain procedure.
When I take the key out of the ignition, the engine is still running. Obviously, the car is in neutral at this point. I then get out of my car (I have about 30 secs to do this), and when I close the door, I can lock it and the engine turns off and the car arms itself. This ensures that I am always in neutral when I remote start the car. If I ever open the door without starting the engine, the remote start is disabled, since the system does not know during that point in which I was in the car, if I placed the car in gear.

Take Care,
J.

Yes, I realize that is how the alarm manufacturers get around the non-automatic transmission applications (crimestopper has similar process).
How do they get around the clutch bypass however - is it wired in after that interlock?
I really prefer to have a true hardware interlock i.e. the neutral switch. We are fortunate to have one on the NSX.
If you want I can help you hook it up so it is absolutely fail-safe, like mine.

I got the Viper 791 installed in my car a month ago and Ken was a great help in locating all the points for the alarm. I have the remote start wired up so that if the e-brake isn't up, the car won't start as a safety precaution. It is a great install if you live somewhere hot and you'll thank yourself when you jump into your ice cold interior. Though the GPS tracking device is on national backorder, that is also a great addition to the alarm. :wink:

D'Ecosse said:
Yes, I realize that is how the alarm manufacturers get around the non-automatic transmission applications (crimestopper has similar process).
How do they get around the clutch bypass however - is it wired in after that interlock?
I really prefer to have a true hardware interlock i.e. the neutral switch. We are fortunate to have one on the NSX.

From the sound of things, am I to believe that most of you guys who have the remote start leave the A/C on so it can cool the car down before you get in? If I'm not mistaken, the A/C instantly turns on with the controls, unlike with newer cars where it has a delay. Would there be any problems down the line with leaving the A/C always turned on when first starting a car? Just wondering...

Does this count as a remote starter? :biggrin:

7367mini-P7280155.jpg

just a precaution, with the remote start, some opt. for the Auto mode, meaning that you could start the car anytime. And this is where you hear all those horror stories about me/my wife/my friend put it in first gear and it hit the car...

Now mine also have remote start on Manual setting as D'escosse and yawwn susgested. But it also troublesome too sometime, as you might not want to accidentally close the door at the 'set up' period, or if you have anyone opened the door, like getting that piece of phone number, or your wife's purse... that will disarm the auto start function. You could set it up again for starting the car, shut if off and reset it...

just another golden rule of any modification, you get some, you lose some....

NSXDreamer2 said:
just a precaution, with the remote start, some opt. for the Auto mode, meaning that you could start the car anytime. And this is where you hear all those horror stories about me/my wife/my friend put it in first gear and it hit the car...

Now mine also have remote start on Manual setting as D'escosse and yawwn susgested. But it also troublesome too sometime, as you might not want to accidentally close the door at the 'set up' period, or if you have anyone opened the door....... that will disarm the auto start function.
No! - mine doesn't work that way - with my circuit (see link above) there is none of that concern - it is completely interlocked to the neutral switch & there is NO need to go through the arm procedure described by Yawwn or you. I just turn my car off as normal exit & arm the alarm. The only thing I need to remember is to leave it in neutral (doesn't matter if before or after shut engine off) but if I forget & leave it in gear it simply won't start.

D'Ecosse said:

Thanks for the offer Ken! I may take you up on your offer.

Take Care,
J.

It might save your life too. Imagine someone putting a bomb in your car and explode when started. :eek:

Jin1976 said:
It might save your life too. Imagine someone putting a bomb in your car and explode when started. :eek:

I dont know what line of work you're in Jin, but enjoy your NSX while it lasts. :D

<B>NSXROX</B> : that's not a remote starter, but it's still cool! :cool:

Back