• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

How much should i ask for my NSX?

I was hoping i could get some ideas on how much to ask for my baby before i put her up on Auto Trader. I bought her last march with 98K for $40k and she was completly stock. Since than iv invested well over $20K into parts and labour. Il try to list the upgrades iv done but there are so many il most likely forget a few. Thanks for helping guys

1991 Acura NSX
142 000KM
5 Spd
Had a bill of over $9000 at Speed Star for complete servicing of water pump, timing belts, valve adjustments and the whole nine yards ( last summer).

ViS Carbon Fiber Vented Hood
NSX-R Carbon Fiber Spoiler
DownForce Side Carbon Fiber Vents
Blacked Out Lights
Seibon Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler
8000K HID's
Window's Tinted
18 x 8.5 19 x 9.5 HP Racing Wheels with brand new rubber on the back
H&R Springs
Brembo Pads
Exedy Stage 4 Racing Clutch and Flywheel
Pro Speed Stage II ECU
HKS Intake
Cantrell Headers
Taitec Test Pipes
Taitec Leightweight Cat Back
Corbeau Racing Seats with 5 pt Harness
Sparco Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
Custom Red Center Console with Touch Screen DVD/Navigation
Complete New system with speakers, 10' sub and amp
All Interior Lights changed to white LED's

Im sure im missing lots more but you get the idea. So what do you guys think is a fair asking price?

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1045

hey Jorge, it sucks that you want to sell your car... im really not sure what you could get for it...
prbly somewhere in the high 40's maybe more maybe less

do you want to part out some stuff?

Well i was thinking for putting it for $40k OBO. Nah doubt il be parting anything out unless a buyer wants me to lower the price by putting stock parts back on.

Well i was thinking for putting it for $40k OBO. Nah doubt il be parting anything out unless a buyer wants me to lower the price by putting stock parts back on.

if so let me know
or i could trade some parts with u as our cars are the same color

4 Court dates this summer, 1st one they are asking for 6 months in jail and 2 year suspension, lawyer says the cop has nothing so chances are its getting thrown out. I took my car 2 weeks ago to Shannonville, on the way there i got stopped. 4 OPP cruisers came and i was pulled over for 2 hours, when he came back to talk to me he had 12 tickets for me, 1 was for unnessecary slow movement 90 in a 100, alot of other dumb ones like mismatching colour interior (red corbeau seats) after he gave me all of them i asked him why, since i didnt give any attitude or anything, he replied "people like you make me sick, no way someone your age can afford this car legally so have fun paying for the tickets" at this point my face was red and i was surrounded by 5 cops so i go to get back into my car and he tells me im not going anywhere, since i didnt have my insurance slip on me he says he believes i have none so he called for a flat bed, he than laughed and said it probably wont be cheap either. I got the flatbed to take me the rest of the way to Shannonville and when the day was done i called for another one back to Oshawa. The best part was at my gym the next day a cop told me how he heard about this happening and the best deal was not to drive my car around here anymore because they have it in for me... Ridicilous the system we live in...

WTF? Ive never heard of anything like that.

Youve already got a lawyer, sue the cops for harrasment because if what you say is true, that is harrasment.

Since when can you get a ticket for the color of your interior? Are you sure those are legit tickets and he wasnt being the fashion police?

I find all of that very difficult to believe.

pulled_over.jpg

flatbed.jpg

tickets.jpg

flatbed2.jpg

The last one is on my way to Shannonville, i wasnt going to let them win. Bio if you only knew the shit iv been through you wouldnt belive half of it unless you were there. So many times iv been pulled over and they dont ask for my papers, they ask how much drugs im selling... I have alot of friends on the force and they all say the same thing. Its durham region, east of pickering. This is all they do. Thank god im moving to toronto this summer cause iv had enough. My lil bro got his g2 4 days ago and he has a S2000. He was pulled over last night at 3am by the same cop i got a court date with, he got his car taken for 7 days for street racing a 40 year old woman with a child in her child seat in her car last night. Because he saw him pull beside her at 40km and cruised for a bit than accelerated to 80km. Tow truck took the car and didnt even say where the cars going or anything. Soo much bullshit.

Tell me about it, i cant even enjoy driving my dream car anymore because of people like that cop. The best part was during the whole time all the other cops were admiring my car and asking how much this was and how much that was, at one point a cop asked me how much insurance was and i said $800 a month, and the one who gave me all the tickets said " pheeff, thats my morgage and shook his head". Its sad really...

I dont doubt what you're saying, but Im having trouble finding a rule against mismatched color interiors in the traffic act. Also, unnecessary slowness and he writes down 90 in a 100? What?

I definately think that you're being harassed, BTW. Probably because you've had some incidents in the past. Really too bad; you seem to have learned your lesson and they're still coming after you.

:eek: :eek: After reading this, I am at a loss for words.

This whole thing is very upsetting!

To think that you're forced to sell the car because of these guys harassing you (probably only because of incidents in the past and nothing to do with what youre doing now), is very upsetting.

Fight em. Fight them all and I would talk to the lawyer regarding suing them for harassment, or whatever fits. Seems like at least a few of those tickets are bogus. Did you get a ticket for tint also? The blacked out lights?

If youre able to post the infraction and the code, that would make it much clearer to us.

I don't even know you and i'm pissed. I would honestly me speaking to a lawyer about some sort of lawsuit. Good luck with everything.

pulled_over.jpg

flatbed.jpg

tickets.jpg

flatbed2.jpg

The last one is on my way to Shannonville, i wasnt going to let them win. Bio if you only knew the shit iv been through you wouldnt belive half of it unless you were there. So many times iv been pulled over and they dont ask for my papers, they ask how much drugs im selling... I have alot of friends on the force and they all say the same thing. Its durham region, east of pickering. This is all they do. Thank god im moving to toronto this summer cause iv had enough. My lil bro got his g2 4 days ago and he has a S2000. He was pulled over last night at 3am by the same cop i got a court date with, he got his car taken for 7 days for street racing a 40 year old woman with a child in her child seat in her car last night. Because he saw him pull beside her at 40km and cruised for a bit than accelerated to 80km. Tow truck took the car and didnt even say where the cars going or anything. Soo much bullshit.

How the hell does this fly?? Do they not have laws against there there?? I would wig out!! Have you ever thought of going to the local news stations with this? They thrive on controversy, and this sounds like a perfect example. Especially since you have proof of the stupidity with those tickets.

I don't even know you and i'm pissed. I would honestly me speaking to a lawyer about some sort of lawsuit. Good luck with everything.

I know! I am so pissed I cannot even see straight. If they did that to me, I would probably be like, 'Hold on. Let me get my attorney on the phone so you can explain this to him'. :mad:

I have had similar stuff happen to me. I own a few personal training studios here and get 'trouble' from the cops for doing NOTHING!

I was given a ticket for my tailpipes being too wide. :S

It doesn't bother me too much because I'm not doing anything and nothing came out of it. It is however a PITA when I'm on my way somewhere with a deadline.

I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you're going through all this. I had a much milder version of the same thing happen once and fought it of course, it cost me some dough, but the court was very busy that day and I had rectified many of the cop's citations by the court date, so the judge basically told the prosecuter not to waste his time with it.

I like Mitch's idea of going to the media. That would be a hell of a story on the 6 o'clock news!

what are the officer's name!
i think we(our NSX community) has to do something about it!
post those officer's name, and post your story to other forums too!
these bad cops are crazy, if they are still out there, more people will get in the same trouble, we need to stop them!

I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you're going through all this. I had a much milder version of the same thing happen once and fought it of course, it cost me some dough, but the court was very busy that day and I had rectified many of the cop's citations by the court date, so the judge basically told the prosecuter not to waste his time with it.

I like Mitch's idea of going to the media. That would be a hell of a story on the 6 o'clock news!

Yes, getting this story in the media would be wonderful. I would love to see how these jerks backpedal in the court of public opinion for giving tickets like the ones I have seen here for mismatched interior, tailpipes too wide, and all of that other crap. Or how they can get away with accusing people of being drug dealers and profiling people by saying how they hate you because you are young and could not possibly afford the car legally. That is out of line by so much. I have said it once, I will say it again. This is why I get more and more nervous bringing my NSX back to Canada for anything. I do not want to have to deal with this, and cannot afford to chance having a car impounded for a week for nothing.

Yes, getting this story in the media would be wonderful. I would love to see how these jerks backpedal in the court of public opinion for giving tickets like the ones I have seen here for mismatched interior, tailpipes too wide, and all of that other crap. Or how they can get away with accusing people of being drug dealers and profiling people by saying how they hate you because you are young and could not possibly afford the car legally. That is out of line by so much. I have said it once, I will say it again. This is why I get more and more nervous bringing my NSX back to Canada for anything. I do not want to have to deal with this, and cannot afford to chance having a car impounded for a week for nothing.
what is there to be nervous about if your not being obvious, as in speeding or weaving in and out of cars, cops won't even look at most people in nicer cars

i had a cop pull up beside me last night, my music was cranked and he looks over and gives me the thumbs up and then proceeded on his own way.

Wow this is nuts! I'd file a complaint... I've noticed some of the new laws seem to almost give the Officer's power to be your judge and executioner, 2 birds with one stone... ultimately allowing them to abuse their power. Oh and don't forget they have a 'quota' to make every month.

What were all of you 12 tickets for... that is insane, I'd say harassment for sure... you should file a complaint if its a matter of it being the same officer you have 6 months to do so...

OCCPS: http://www.occps.ca/

Cornwall Police:
http://cornwallpolice.com/index.cfm?Title=complain

Complaint Form:
http://www.occps.ca/englishwebsite/process/forms/publiccomplaintform.pdf

Filing a Complaint: http://www.occps.ca/englishwebsite/process/publiccomplaints/complaintspamphlet.asp

From the Site...

"Steps to Filing a Complaint
Your guide for filing complaints about Police Conduct, Services and Policies in Ontario.

Defining a Complaint

There are two kinds of complaints. They relate to:

Policies, of or services provided by a police service
Conduct of a police officer.
Making a Complaint

Only the person directly affected by the incident may make a complaint.

A complaint must be in writing and must be signed by the person making the complaint. You may write your complaint in a letter or you may use a standard form, which you can obtain from any police station or from the office of the Ontario Civilian Commission on Police Services (OCCPS) in Toronto.

Off-Duty Complaints

A complaint may be filed about the conduct of an off-duty officer; however, there must be a connection between the conduct and either the duties of a police officer or the reputation of the police service.

Time Limits

You must usually make a complaint within 6 months after the incident happened.

Delivering Your Complaint

A complaint must be mailed, faxed or delivered to any municipal police station or detachment, officer of the police service named in the complaint, or to the Commission office.

All complaints about the conduct of a municipal Chief of Police or Deputy Chief should be referred to the local police services board. All complaints about the conduct of the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police should be referred to the Minister of Community Safety & Correctional Services.

If a complainant chooses to send a complaint to OCCPS, the complaint will be forwarded to the police service whose responsibility it is to process it.

Informal Resolution

Less serious complaints about an officer's conduct may be resolved by way of an informal resolution. This involves bringing the complainant and subject officer together to hear each other's concerns. Such a resolution requires the mutual consent of the complainant and subject officer, and the approval of the Chief of Police. An informal resolution of a complaint is an option that is available at any time during the process; i.e., before, during or after an investigation.

Withdrawing a Complaint

You may withdraw a complaint by writing to the police service or to the OCCPS; however, a Chief of Police or Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police may continue to deal with the complaint if it is felt that the allegation should be investigated further.

Dealing with the Complaint

Initially, a Chief of Police or the Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police must determine if the complaint concerns the policies of or services provided by the police service or the conduct of an officer. The Chief/Commissioner may decide not to deal with the complaint for one of three reasons:

Complaint was filed 6 months after the incident which led to the complaint
Frivolous, vexatious or made in bad faith
Complainant is not directly affected by the incident
The Chief of Police or Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police must determine within 30 days how a complaint is to proceed.

Review of the Decision

A complainant may request that OCCPS review the Chief's or OPP Commissioner's decision if they decide not to deal with the complaint.

You must write or fax the OCCPS to request a review within 30 days of being informed of the decision of the Chief of Police or Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police. You should provide as much information as possible, including reasons for requesting the review and any background documents or records.

The Commission may uphold the decision of the local Chief of Police or Commissioner of the Ontario Provincial Police, refer it back to the Chief of Police or Commissioner for investigation, or, assign the investigation of the complaint to another police service. There is no appeal from OCCPS' decision.

Complaints about Policies or Services

Complaints about the policies of or services provided by a municipal police service will be referred to the Chief of Police who must report to the local police services board what action, if any, was taken. In the case of the Ontario Provincial Police, complaints about local policies are dealt with by the local detachments, while complaints relating to province-wide policies are referred to the OPP Commissioner.

If you disagree with the initial classification of your complaint as being about "policies or services" rather than "conduct", you may request that OCCPS review the decision. You must make your request in writing or by fax within 30 days of being notified. Following an investigation of the complaint relating to "policies or services", if you are not satisfied with the decision of the Chief or OPP detachment commander, you may request a review by the local police services board.

Complaints about Conduct

A Chief of Police must ensure that every conduct complaint is investigated (unless, as noted earlier, the Chief has decided not to deal with it).

After the investigative report is completed, a Chief of Police may:

Settle the matter by way of informal resolution if the misconduct or unsatisfactory work performance was not of a serious nature.
Find the complaint is unsubstantiated
Find the officer guilty of misconduct and impose a penalty without a formal hearing where the misconduct is not serious. If the officer does not accept the proposed penalty, a police disciplinary hearing is held
Decide the complaint should be heard by a police disciplinary hearing.
A Chief of Police must hold a hearing if the officer's actions are believed to constitute serious misconduct or unsatisfactory work performance of a serious nature.

A Disciplinary Hearing

When a Chief of Police orders a disciplinary hearing, an officer of equal or higher rank than the officer named in the complaint, or a legal counsel or agent, is appointed by the Chief to present the evidence. You will be advised about your participation at the hearing. A senior police officer or former police officer of the rank of inspector or above acts as a hearing officer to consider the evidence and decide the outcome of the complaint.

An officer found guilty of misconduct faces a range of penalties from reprimand to dismissal. An officer may also be directed to undergo specified counseling, treatment or training.

Dissatisfied with Hearing Decision

A complainant or the police officer named in the complaint may appeal to the Ontario Civilian Commission on Police Services within 30 days of the decision at a disciplinary hearing. A complainant can appeal if the officer's misconduct or unsatisfactory work performance was not established. However, consent is required from the OCCPS if a complainant wishes to appeal the "penalty" imposed by a hearing.

The OCCPS will hold a hearing and may confirm, vary, or revoke the decision and substitute its own decision. The complainant or the police officer may appeal the Commission's decision to Divisional Court within 30 days.

Integrity Assured

The local Police Services Boards will receive regular reports from the Chief of Police and review his or her administration of the complaints system. As well, the OCCPS may, at any stage in the complaints process, act on its own initiative and direct a Chief of Police how to process a complaint, or, assign the investigation to another police service. Also, a complainant has the right to ask for a review by OCCPS at different stages of the process.

To reach the Ontario Civilian Commission on Police Services:

In the Greater Toronto area, call:
Telephone: (416) 326-1189
Facsimile: (416) 314-2036

Outside the Greater Toronto area, call:
Toll-free phone: 1-888-515-5005
Toll-free fax: 1-888-311-7555

Or write to:

Ontario Civilian Commission on Police Services
Complaints Bureau
25 Grosvenor St
1st floor
Toronto, Ontario
M7A 1Y6 "

Maybe you should stop selling drugs... just kidding.

This is too bad, I hope you figure something out. What about an in car video system? Then put them on youtube, it seems to have worked for several people already.

Back