• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to avoid a ticket

I was reading some of your postings from the US about tickets and I thought you'd appreciate this story, which made the UK papers a couple of years ago: A guy was doing 140 mph along the M4 motorway in Wales (speed limit 70 mph) in his NSX. The police gave chase but couldn't catch him, however he was eventually caught when he pulled off the motorway on a slip road. He was tried in court for speeding, and got convicted. They also attempted to try him for 'reckless driving' (a far more serious charge) but he argued that it is perfectly OK to drive an NSX at 140 mph on a dual carriageway as the car is easily within its limits at that speed. He was acquitted. Yes!

Thank you for your story Rich, I don't think any of us would have had a chance to get off on that one here in the States. It sure is nice to hear that he got off - and he was right indeed!!

a lot of good info at www.ehowa.com (ernie's house of whoopass) NWS warning enter site and go to "MY THOUGHTS ON" and then "speeding tickets". I like the rabbit technique:

"A Rabbit. Personally, I prefer this technique, should I be on the interstate on a long drive. Find a car travelling about the same speed that you would LIKE to be travelling. Drive slowly until he passes you, and then scooch over into his lane and ride about 1/4 mile behind him (if you're European and can't translate 1/4 mile into kilometers, tough [DELETED] luck). Should the our rabbit pass a speed trap, the officer will flip on his lights and start to make his way to merge into traffic, thus giving you sufficient time to slow down and blend in like any other good little driver. If things go off as planned, the cop pulls over our rabbit, and we drive merrily along."

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 14 October 2002).]

"If things go off as planned, the cop pulls over our rabbit, and we drive merrily along."

One problem with the "rabbit" theory: Imagine a lion chasing a herd of gazelle. Does the lion usually get the leader of the herd, or the one in the back?

-Bob

Originally posted by flaminio:
One problem with the "rabbit" theory: Imagine a lion chasing a herd of gazelle. Does the lion usually get the leader of the herd, or the one in the back?

-Bob

I think that's why he made the point of staying 1/4 mile behind the rabbit and be on guard with attentive eyes.

Back