• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

HPDE, July 10, Pacific Raceways

I am planning on coming up for this event so I thought I would start a thread. July 10th at Pacific Raceways track day with the BMW club, here is the entry form:

http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/forms/0507regform.pdf

Let's see how many of you Seattle guys would like to come out, I have not driven this track in years and look forward to checking out the new pavement and change to the front straight.

Hope to see you all there! :biggrin:

Dave, are you planning to come up at PR in this month?? I just found out that Speedware Motorsports will have a track day on June 23rd, Thursday.

2slow2speed was wondering if he can do a back to back, PR and PIR track days.... Looks like it will be a very good opportunity of running 23rd with Speedware and 24th with Porsche club at PIR??

NSXDreamer2 said:
Dave, are you planning to come up at PR in this month?? I just found out that Speedware Motorsports will have a track day on June 23rd, Thursday.

2slow2speed was wondering if he can do a back to back, PR and PIR track days.... Looks like it will be a very good opportunity of running 23rd with Speedware and 24th with Porsche club at PIR??

Sorry for hijacking the thread... The track event on the 23rd really makes it a lot more tempting to drive up there for the back to back track days.

Do you happen to have a link to the Speedware Motorsports event site?, I checked the following url but it stated that there were not going to be any events in 2005 in Seattle.

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/events/

I tried to look up the national schedule at:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/calendar/index.cfm

But I did not see the date for the event listed there either. (pretty good for CA events but it's missing quite a few events in OR and WA)

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Last edited:
Re: HPDE, July 23, Pacific Raceways

Ken, it's not on official site yet... Freelance201 is one of their "prefered" customer there, and we were there this afternoon... Guys at the shop told us that it's confirmed and they will put the news on their web site on Monday. So.... I guessed you might be appreciated the early notice ;)

ummm, really excited if you could make it up here, hopefully titaniumdave too, so I can hitch a ride with one of you and have fun :)

I'm excited to see what a seasoned road racer could do at OUR "local getho track"... As the track had been roamped by us (well, novice, amature, you name it.:) ) and nsx got such a name for only fast on the straight... or even slow, traffic blocker from some S2k guys :redface: I know HPDE isn't a competition, but I guess nsx Had been mis-represented by us and well, it's just not too nice to hear smack talk like that... I never put down anyone but those who disregard other's safety...

Anyways, let us know what you decided, and you may PM me if you need any arrangement... (Tires transporting/shipping??)

Last edited:
about 153 miles, two and half hour driving, between these 2 tracks.
3 hours if you driving from downtown portland to downtown seattle.

Wow, that sounds like fun, I will see if I can move my work schedule around to accomidate both days.

Please post when the 23rd is official.

Dave
NSXDreamer2 said:

NSXDreamer2 said:
ummm, really excited if you could make it up here, hopefully titaniumdave too, so I can hitch a ride with one of you and have fun :)

I'm excited to see what a seasoned road racer could do at OUR "local getho track"... As the track had been roamped by us (well, novice, amature, you name it.:) ) and nsx got such a name for only fast on the straight... or even slow, traffic blocker from some S2k guys :redface: I know HPDE isn't a competition, but I guess nsx Had been mis-represented by us and well, it's just not too nice to hear smack talk like that... I never put down anyone but those who disregard other's safety... QUOTE]

Pacific Raceway is no Getho track, fun and challenging with no room for mistakes. I would not consider it a great place to learn to drive at 9/10-10/10, so cut yourself some slack. I am pretty sure we can help school some of the S2K guys, on the straights or pushing them through the corners :wink: and help you see some techniques which might help build confidence and skills to carry more speed through the corners.

The other thing I always remember is if someone is faster than me, I will never learn anything from them by being in front of them, point them by and try to hang with them, see what they know that you don't. I always am thinking why are they faster? Where are they maintaining speed I am losing? How can I smooth out that turn to exit faster? Am I hitting my apexes correctly to maximize speed while still keeping a margin for safety?

90% of driving fast is thinking and learning, the last 5% is about skills and 5% confidence. The actual % of each can be debated forever, my point is driving fast is very mental, you can learn to be fast.

freelance201 said:
hi Dave,
do you have to become a member to participate in this July 10th event?
It looks like they want you to be member of a BMW club or Porsche club.

I belong to the Oregon BMW club and that counts.

If you are going to track your car much, look at joining some club to get hooked up with others, take advatage of the savings and drive with the same group so there are instructors and drivers who can help you to learn. By driving with the same folks on a regular basis, I found there were drivers who could see me progress and point out things they would see as my skills improved and my knowledge increased. This will also be a basis for instructors to let you know when you are ready to move up to a more advanced run group.

Re: HPDE, June 23, Pacific Raceways

Wow, that sounds like fun, I will see if I can move my work schedule around to accomidate both days.

Please post when the 23rd is official.

Dave, Ken, Mark and everyone, it's official. You may check it yourself here: http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/events/#

Please let us know as soon as possible if you are coming to PR, I would at least attend one event with you guys... (I might work on tagging along to PIR also...)

Ferrand.

Last edited:
I won't be able to make the June 23rd date in Seattle, bummer. Guess I have to wait till July 10th :frown: .

I will be at the June 24th PIR event and be instructing another local NSX owner so there will be at least one other NSX on the track. Hope to see some new faces too. If any one wants to make a weekend out of it the local NSX group will be doing a drive and Sushi dinner in Hillsboro on Saturday June 25th. I will get a new thread up about it this weekend. :biggrin:

Back