• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC at the Detroit auto show

prova4re said:
I tried like hell to get in it, they wont let you on the stage.
They wouldn't even open the doors. :mad:

Even the Ferrari guys let me sit in there cars.

The car was locked when I got to it, but the Acura women walke dme over to it and let me get as close as I wanted to without touching. Then her supervisor (I believe) came over and was upset with her (for letting me near the car?), and proceeded to tear loose a piece of the black moulding leading up to the door button trying to open it. I felt very bad for the car, but it was funny to watch him...

i went yesterday to see it.
the driver's side door was open. the interior looked too busy for my tastes. it's nothing unique compared to the other concept cars.

the exterior didn't impress me. the first thing that popped into my mind was "it's small!". i can't imagine there being any sort of storage in the back or front. the rear end seems to just cut off too soon... sort of like the 318ci(?).

hsc, according to the sign, stands for high-performance sportscar concept. the rep confirmed that it was a 3.5L v6.

No question, it is definitively a very beautiful car. I can't understand that some guys do not like the style or look.
On the other side I believe, this kind of people are not honesty in their statements.

Saleem S7 is such a beauty and sweet car.....bought the movie "bruce almighty" just to see the car.

danpiu said:
No question, it is definitively a very beautiful car. I can't understand that some guys do not like the style or look.
On the other side I believe, this kind of people are not honesty in their statements.

as unimagineable as it may seem to you, people DO have differing opinions... really. :rolleyes:

The S7 in Bruce Almighty was a replica.

really? it looks very nice still.....no wonder they had to fast forward to make it look fast...:D

OT...s7

White92 said:
The S7 in Bruce Almighty was a replica.
Where did you hear that? I've read otherwise:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/news/112_news030815_s7/
http://www.wheelspress.com/wpautonews/WBC/ap/ap20031204.html

From the second link:

Even Jim Carey burned out a few clutches and had some adventures in a Saleen S7 during the filming of Bruce Almighty.

"From what I'm told," says Steve Saleen, creator of the S7, "because of a spin (Carey) took in the Universal Studios parking lot, there's a tram ride that will never be the same."

"From our standpoint, we can build our brand and enjoy the additional sales we otherwise would have not received," says Saleen, who donated the $600,000 S7 for Bruce Almighty and also had two Saleen Mustangs in the films 2 Fast 2 Furious and Hollywood Homicide.

:eek: $600K? I guess the price went up a little since it was featured in the movie...

Sorry about that. I missread it. You can "buy" replicars as seen in the movie. (toys) I must have read that fast. Goes to show that I should actually be working when I'm at work.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even Jim Carey burned out a few clutches and had some adventures in a Saleen S7 during the filming of Bruce Almighty.

"From what I'm told," says Steve Saleen, creator of the S7, "because of a spin (Carey) took in the Universal Studios parking lot, there's a tram ride that will never be the same."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoa, that's bad news for whoever that ended up buying the actual movie car that was advertised on DuPont Registry a few months back at a local (L.A.) Ford dealership (name withheld). Hopefully the dealership disclosed this issue with the would-be owner.
Good luck pal..... :(

Visited the NAIAS today and had an opportunity to see the HSC. I was disappointed with the car. It just didn't look good in the flesh. The front end is awkward with the piece of angled bodywork in the front grille area not flowing very nicely. It is a poor attempt to duplicate the Lambo Gallardo in that area. The sides are blah. The rear is too much of a flat slab. The car looks short and square. I wanted this car to jump out at me and it simply did not. I stood nearby for a good 10 minutes and I was surprised by the number of people that didn't give it a second look. If this is a 45-55 thou. car it might have a market, but if it the NSX replacement, at current NSX prices, I think it will be lost without a niche in the market.:(

FGG.. just wondering... does your nsx have a taitec parallel gt exhaust on it? i traded my 96 red/tan in at jaguar of novi and was wondering if you are the current owner.

Hey Brian,

Awesome pictures! How did u like the Enzo's interior?

regards,

Henry

It was easy to get in it, varry hard to get out of. :D
That thing is a pure race car, the dash was a few sections on top of each other. It looked like you could reach your hand in the gaps and it would pop out of the front hood.
Its looks so much better in person.
Later Brian.

Automatic?

Although Brian's pictures are very crisp, the shadows in the interior hide the fact that there is no clutch pedal in the show car. It is either an automatic or an SMG with very well disguised paddles/buttons. And on the console just to the left side of the steering wheel there's a shiny circle with a black circle in the middle... and it had PRND on the shiny part. How do I know .. I was there .. and was shocked. Are there any hybrids which aren't automatics?

There have been two articles (I believe) where the HSC is described as having an SMG type transmission with a separate Park/Reverse/forward selector in the center console. Not an automatic, but a manual with a computer controlled hydraulic clutch.

Interesting .. I didn't realize it had been already discussed and search isn't working. It wasn't obvious to me where the paddles are .. they didn't seem to be behind the steering wheel (where they often are) although they may be integrated into the drivers side of the left and right steering wheel spokes.

Personally, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with SMG/paddle shifting. I know it can be faster to shift and sometimes done without letting off the throttle but it seems to me to be one step further removed in terms of driver involvement. I can see in F1 that it probably helps eliminate some driver fatigue but for everyday use, it's not that far removed from buying an automatic and moving the lever yourself.

Back