• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

HPV100 said:
CiaoBoy,
I was being concervative in the 380hp figure, in my heart I am really hoping for >400hp. I also would like it to have more torque but I agree with you more likely it would have <300 and redline could be around 9000rpm.

Paul

I'm hoping for more than 400 hp as well. The Viper already has 500 hp and 500 ft-lbs. The next Vette will have 450 hp or more. If the HSC/NSX is going to be a supercar, it had better have the horses to compete against them and also against the next Modena, not to mention the Ford GT.

-CiaoBoy

Check-out this photochop someone did on honda-acura.net...

hsc2.jpg

For you AKUDOU

A little brighter than Midnight Pearl.

Attachments

• hsc (2005 nsx)midnight pearl but brighter.jpg
    hsc (2005 nsx)midnight pearl but brighter.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,564
One last one

And one for those Jag and MG fans (almost):D

Attachments

• hsc (2005 nsx)britishracinggreen.jpg
    hsc (2005 nsx)britishracinggreen.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,553
re

you want a Flat crank V10, it seems like what you want is more along the lines of GT car. So many people on this board are fans of "adding lightness." For Honda to give that to us straight from the factory would be more than a prayer answered. As you can always add power... but making a car lighter can get very price prohibitive fast. My point is that it wouldn't be in the Honda spirit to give us a V10. Look at it this way, if they give us a car that does 0-60 in 4.2 and the 1/4 in 12.0 then we'll be satisfied. If not then yes I agree that your complaints are not unjustified.

I certainly do not want a GT car.

I think some of you are all too focused on my comments regarding the powerplant; maybe I'm finally too old to write clearly. At any rate, I'll try to rephrase my opinion as to come off less like a whino, and more like an ardent enthusiast.

In the early 90's, before the NSX broke cover, honda was more or less percieved to be the manufacture of economical hatchbacks, "sporty" coupes, well engineered motorcycles (rc 45, anyone?) and had a given amount of clout due to their F1 success with McLaren; however, when the NSX broke, it was a revolution -- it recreated honda, set a benchmark and defined a new automotive paradigm (not to mention that you could hear the collective automotive world utter a resounding "HOLY SHIT!! Where'd that thing come from???") And that's why we're all here, isn't it? Becuase the car was an instant, soughtafter, classic -- despit dwindling interest and sales.

If any of you have read "driving ambition" (story of the mclaren f1) you'll know that gordan murray owned an nsx, used it as test mule for early engines (b/c the shifter/tranny had such excellent feel) and infused much of the NSX's feel (i.e., shifter, steering, cockpit interior, driver position and driver centric design) into the mclarens design. Now, not every car will be an F1, but it was a testament to the esteem that the NSX was born with, bar none.

And, that's what I want from honda this time around. I want to be left slackjawed like I was with my first NSX, my 99 prelude , the interga type r's and s2000. I want a revolution, and there's not tangible reason to be offered, no honda's behalf, to not fulfill that request. IMO, of course.

Further, and if I may, I'd like to make a parallel b/w the arguments of continuing the "growth" of the NSX as a concept, rather than an evolution, and an unearthing of a new breed. The parallel I'd like to make is that with the ferrari 360; based upon the lineage of 3xx cars (i.e., 246 dino, 308, 328, 348 and 355) the 360 was entirely new, but with a bloodline. It's design was new, unrelated to the previous cars. It's motor reworked, almost new from the bottom up. Everything was an evolution; had you not known, you'd never have guessed that the 360 was birthed from the 3xx bloodline -- that's what I'd like honda to do now, build something so novel, so ingenious that it'll garner immediate reverence from it's peers (again, like the NSX).

I've been driving, tearing apart and tracking honda's a long time, and i've driven everything from the old 73 cvcc's to the nsx and some of hondas motorcycles, and I'm a proud enthusiast, but I simply want to be acknowledged as an enthusiast again; I don't want honda to do what's pragmatic; what's commercially viable; etc.

I want them to define a new paradigm.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: DEPOSIT

AKUDOU said:
1,000.00 Deposit beats a C D. Deposit is small compared to the value potental of a first off the line possible sale to another dealer or individual.

or you could call around and pay $0 dollars to get on the list like several have done here by calling St. Louis Acura - who by the way apperently has commited to selling them at msrp when they come out.

then again it is your money.

so is this breaking records as the longest thread???

how about 0-1000 posts in under 3 days??

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEPOSIT

matteni said:
or you could call around and pay $0 dollars to get on the list like several have done here by calling St. Louis Acura - who by the way apperently has commited to selling them at msrp when they come out.

then again it is your money.
TRUE BUT ST.LOUIS IS 1000 MILES ROUND TRIP VS 50 MILES. THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP:) :)P.S GETTING ON THE LIST VS SIGNING THE ORDER FORM. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEPOSIT

AKUDOU said:
TRUE BUT ST.LOUIS IS 1000 MILES ROUND TRIP VS 50 MILES. ...P.S GETTING ON THE LIST VS SIGNING A ORDERFORM. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
Getting on the list with them equals them sending a confirmation by mail. Untill specs are available, such as paint color and options, there can not be a build sheet completed. BTW, that 1K drive might just be one heck of a good time. :D

The only thing I don't like at this point are the seats. I am assuming they will change because there is no lateral support for your lower back.

This can't be right, can it? :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEPOSIT

KGP said:
Getting on the list with them equals them sending a confirmation by mail. Untill specs are available, such as paint color and options, there can not be a build sheet completed.
The general manager told me that Acura wants signed order forms from the buyer with color preferance.If you need anymore info I will give you his phone number. Or better yet give me the # in St Louis for a cross check.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DEPOSIT

KGP said:
Getting on the list with them equals them sending a confirmation by mail. Untill specs are available, such as paint color and options, there can not be a build sheet completed. BTW, that 1K drive might just be one heck of a good time. :D
True hum maybe I could wright this off because I pull product out of Wood River.:cool:

I am very happy to say I am the first one to do it....many may do it better, but I'm the first

Don’t mind her missing arm….she got it caught in a bear trap and had to gnaw it off:D:D:D

Attachments

• hsc-girl.jpg
    hsc-girl.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 6,194
Last edited:
man, i can't believe i'm missing out on all the fun...i left for two days and chaos takes over.

i must say that's a nice job, jadkar. i knew she'd be back. samurai sold his car so she has to move along...

i guess no performance numbers yet, huh? how about cost?

Please remember this is not the finalized product. It is just a gauge for marketeers to "test the waters". The rear will probably look very different, although I am surprised to see how finalized the front is.

With regards to the powertrain, I still maintain my argument that it will be a longitudinal v10 or more NA engine. HP should be in the 400-500 range and the next NSX will be using paddler to automatically shift a 7 speed sequential "manual" gearbox.

It should be announced in 2005 as a 2006 model.

And finally, to all those who thought I was a BS'er who was propagating rumors, please review how accurate my posts have been so far:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=198581#post198581
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=189456#post189456
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=196111#post196111
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=198315#post198315

no hard feelings here...
:cool:

My idea of how this car should look like if it is a NSX

Notice how I changed the B-pillars so they look more NSX like and how I made the side intakes bigger and longer. I also changed the mirrors but they look like crap cause I don't know how to do anything on photoshop maybe someone can take my little picture and do a better one and see how it looks compared to the original HSC looks.

Tell me if you think it look better or not just interested in what you guys think. Remember I don't know how to do anything with photoshop:D

Attachments

• anthony hsc.jpg
    anthony hsc.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,415
apapada said:
Please remember this is not the finalized product. It is just a gauge for marketeers to "test the waters". The rear will probably look very different, although I am surprised to see how finalized the front is.

With regards to the powertrain, I still maintain my argument that it will be a longitudinal v10 or more NA engine. HP should be in the 400-500 range and the next NSX will be using paddler to automatically shift a 7 speed sequential "manual" gearbox.

It should be announced in 2005 as a 2006 model.

And finally, to all those who thought I was a BS'er who was propagating rumors, please review how accurate my posts have been so far:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=198581#post198581
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=189456#post189456
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=196111#post196111
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=198315#post198315

no hard feelings here...

The last post link I see nothing that makes a prediction unless you mean that the new NSX would be out in 05-06 which is not really a shocker to most of us. I think the info earlier in the post stated it would be a V6, so that rumor you stated seems to be a bust at this time. I have to say I am missing your point. Please explain. And no matter what, this car is, to me, nothing to get excited over. I think many of you are so eager for the new NSX that Honda could show you a Bricklin with a body kit, and you would be shitting your pants with glee.:rolleyes:

This thread is on FIRE!!!

like most people, luv the front, luv the interior, luv the paddle shifters, but

don't like the rear end. Oh well, I'll take it:D

damnit, I just bought my '98 b/c i was sick of waiting for the next gen NSX. guess i better start saving today.

Shumdit said:
The last post link I see nothing that makes a prediction unless you mean that the new NSX would be out in 05-06 which is not really a shocker to most of us.

I was providing a hint for the news of the past days.

Shumdit said:
I think the info earlier in the post stated it would be a V6, so that rumor you stated seems to be a bust at this time.

The engine for the new NSX is still in development and the one in this concept is just there for cosmetic purposes. Want another rumor ? I don't think the new car will keep the "NSX" name.:p

Back