• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

ENZO WHO

I don't think Honda intended to copy anyone. ENZO and Pagani zonda just came out with their cars and no one knew what they look like until last year. I seriously doubt honda copied them within a 2 year span. Honda probably started the design process way before enzo was on paper.

The same thing happens every time a car manufacture comes out with the replacement, some love it and some hate it. Just look at BMW, current owners really dont like the new designs but other people will.

As for the engine power, what do people expect for a 100k car? 0-60 in the 3's? I don't think so. Your not going to get enzo, lambo, gt, gt2, numbers etc for 100k. Maybe a supercharger could achieve 3's but that would push the price over 100k for sure. I wish like everyone else that it would beat every sports production car out there but its not realistic for 100k car. Conversely, if this car cost 150k or more, then we would have a valid reason to have higher expectations.

Some us got what we wished for on our wish list. But more importantly, we got another nsx.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7171

Anyone notice that little crescent shape on top and behind the gauges?

Looks like a HUD!

:eek: :D :D :D

-Jim

I think some people don't like the idea of small HP increase and weight reduction to improve performance because they're FATTIES!!! Yeah that's right, once they put their meat into the seat, the car would sink in a heart's beat. That's why they give this idea heat... :D

But anyways... Too early to tell just what the HP figures is... But I'm guessing around 380~420HP out of maybe a 3.5L V6...

Zuerst said:
I think some people don't like the idea of small HP increase and weight reduction to improve performance because they're FATTIES!!! Yeah that's right, once they put their meat into the seat, the car would sink in a heart's beat. That's why they give this idea heat... :D

But anyways... Too early to tell just what the HP figures is... But I'm guessing around 380~420HP out of maybe a 3.5L V6...

ummm... as much as I hate to be childish and humiliate others of their body weight, I do truely think that is one of the reason that Germans and Americans worshipped big hp and heavy vehicles.

NSXDreamer2 said:
ummm... as much as I hate to be childish and humiliate others of their body weight, I do truely think that is one of the reason that Germans and Americans worshipped big hp and heavy vehicles.

That's an interesting point :cool:

Interesting point, but not a shred of truth. But very clever, though! :)

Americans have been "hot rodding" cars for the last 50 years, at least. My father and grandfather were both racing in their hay day and tearing apart engines, with motorcycles and eventually drag cars.

My grandparents were not born here, its something they learned when they got here. :)

REQUEST MAJOR STONER OR FURYNSX OR ANYPHOTOSHOP VITUOSO!

REQUEST - REQUEST - REQUEST - you now got the picture! :)

Can we try to make a more NSX tail for the HSC?

Using the side sketch of the SHC ( black ) :

adding some length and integrated spoiler.

Using tail pictures of SHC:

to create a side to side tail lights with integrated spoiler and nice rear diffuser.

Using front and side picture/sketch of HSC:

to modify the angle of B pillar and add some glass over the engine hatch.

Just to see how this could NSX the HSC...

Good things though about the HSC, it will be lower and wider than current NSX: in real this is going to have a good visual impact.

nicholas421 said:
do you think there's any chance this new car will be released with a honda badge instead of acura?

No way. IMHO, it will be marketed as an Acura everywhere except in Japan.

Re: Re: Argh...

NetViper said:
I guess it is pointless at this point, but I know I am not alone here. When I saw this car, my jaw dropped and my heart beat went WAY up! Then I saw 300 HP and everything just went downhill. I was upset that they would invest all this time in creating such a beautiful car and then wimp out in the engine compartment. I mean seriously... 300HP.. give me a break.. If a 35K mustang cobra can have 390HP stock, then dammit we should have over 400HP in a 90K exotic car.

You guys make a fixation on HP #s alone. If this is any hint, the next NSX will be making much more HP than that. ;)

short people beware?

I was just looking again at the photos.. is it my imagination , or does the rear of the car look really really tall? that rear window is really short in height. Looks like shorter drivers are going to have a problem seeing out the back.

I just figured it out!

I just realized what I don’t like about the overall appearance. I’m operating under the assumption that it will not have 500hp and gobs of torque, and yet it is designed to look like it does. In my book that amounts to a poseur, or an imposter. So, other than those ghastly tail lights and wheels, I wouldn’t mind it so long as it lives up to appearances. Well, the headlights are a bit fuggly too, but I’d live with that. I’m sure you are all relieved. :D

Sorry if this has already been said by someone but I haven’t kept up with the flood.

E-brake in the center console... I wonder how the throw is... straight out? Hinged on the bottom? Hinged at the top? or maybe its laterally? who knows... Kind of reminds me of the Civic Si's new console shifter (ala Carrera GT)

From the picture in your post, it appears that there's a pivot point at the bottom of the handle of the e-brake, which leads me to believe that the e-brake, when pulled out, would create a 30-degree angle (+/-) from its original position....

And as for the HSC, when I first saw it, I loved it!!....but the more posts I read, the more I'm getting convinced I don't like it b/c it doesn't resemble the orig. NSX more....such as the lack of integrated spoiler & larger side scoops. Unless the HSC can produce some seriously improved performance figures, not just hp/tq ratings, I'll keep saving for Tan's '00 Monaco Blue NSX. It's gonna take a whole lot of car to persuade me to pick it over Tan's.......pretty much anything short of a McLaren F1 LM/GTR, and I know that's an unrealistic request. So for now, if I can keep my $$ from bursting into flames in my pocket causing me to rush to the dealer to give it them for the newest thing on the block, I'll just patiently wait, like I've done for so many years already, to get exactly what it is that I want.....

.....of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Adam

xxmerlynxx said:
....such as the lack of integrated spoiler & larger side scoops.

prefer this? it's only $34k

101a2-med.jpg

102a-med.jpg

I gotta say this is what the ENZO should have looked like...
the HSC rear is too chunky... a nice integrated spoiler would definitely help. (as would a Single Samuari chick :D )

ANYTIME said:
That car is making that girl in the background wet her pants/skirt!!!!

101a2-med.jpg

Only $34k! I sat and checked these out at the Frankfurt auto show - what a gas! They look like the real deal and the crowd reaction was unbelievable.

Now THAT is revolutionary. The problem for Honda is they are not going to catch anyone flat footed this time. Where before it was out of left field - this time it will be an evolutionary change - nothing more and a little overdue IMO. If you where expecting more you haven't been paying attention to the hints, tidbits, world economy, etc.

It will still be a worthy car and probably well worth the $89k they will probably charge - unfortunately IMO they will have about the same success as they did with the gen 1 car - which is to say a little disapointing concidering the high degree of sophistication and perfection the car achieved.

Back