• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC=Next NSX?

whiteNSXs said:
What is it that you showed so much hatred towards this car and our appreciations? If you don't like it, so be it. Everyone has different taste. So you think it is POS and trash and that's fine. But to keep on tormenting people who like it by saying "Shame on you," or "I can't believe I am the only one that see its ugliness and everybody just slurps it up, blah, blah, blah" is just insulting to PEOPLE here, not just the car.
Steve

I am sorry if you are offended, but I stand by my opinion. There have been many posts (not all) that seem to gush all over this design, when many other concept drawings were almost universally condemned, even though they were not necessarily better or worse then the HSC. I think now that many here are thinking this will in fact be the new NSX they are just lusting after it, but had this been a magazine's rendering (with no Honda involvement) most of you would have given it a thumbs down IMHO. Furthermore, a lot of posts have implied the current gen NSX is suddenly old news, and they seem to be so glad to be seeing it go. That is the basis for my statment. And I did not call it trash from what I remember, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Shumdit said:
had this been a magazine's rendering (with no Honda involvement) most of you would have given it a thumbs down IMHO. Furthermore, a lot of posts have implied the current gen NSX is suddenly old news, and they seem to be so glad to be seeing it go. That is the basis for my statment.

Suddenly old news? Where have you been living, under a rock? I'm kidding, of course. What I mean is I'm a non-owner and an outsider. Most of the time a lurker unless it comes to auto comparisons, So Cal drives, or things happening in San Diego. Here is what I've noticed.

The current design has already been cooked, served, and the leftovers put in the freezer. How many actual '91-01 owners switched from their 1st gen NSX to the updated '02-present one? Insignificant few.

Suspension modified or boosted cars run much better than the originals. You see as many asthetically modified cars (body, wheels) as you do stock. Likely, more. The aftermarket tuning biz for the NSX has taken the Honda's car to whole new levels. Its time for Honda to release something to raise that bar.

Otherwise, people will keep mod'ing the earlier gens because Honda won't listen to its enthusiasts. Frankly, the only buyers they have.

The fact that 40% prefer and are willing to trade up to the HSC tells you that its been on its way out for a while now. :)

To me, this one is the best so far!!:

attachment.php

good job nicholas421/joeschmoe!!

i like the work you do!!! :D

Re: Retro HSC

Ojas said:
NSX taillights, integrated wing, bumper, revised fenders...

License plate? It's hidden behind a bumper-mounted liquid-crystal panel that goes from opaque (body-color) to transparent. ;)

I like this look...very nsx look

Shumdit said:
I am sorry if you are offended, but I stand by my opinion. There have been many posts (not all) that seem to gush all over this design, when many other concept drawings were almost universally condemned, even though they were not necessarily better or worse then the HSC. I think now that many here are thinking this will in fact be the new NSX they are just lusting after it, but had this been a magazine's rendering (with no Honda involvement) most of you would have given it a thumbs down IMHO. Furthermore, a lot of posts have implied the current gen NSX is suddenly old news, and they seem to be so glad to be seeing it go. That is the basis for my statment. And I did not call it trash from what I remember, but I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
No, you did not call it trash. You just called it a piece of shit that Honda spoon fed us. Regardless how you feel about the car, a lot of people express their joy and approval of this car whether it is the new NSX or just HSC. Your above statement is again presumptive and arrogant. HOW could you just assume that "most of " us would give it a thumb down had it not been a Honda car but a magazine's rendering? I respect that you hate the car. But from what I read so far, a lot of people like it.
Steve

Ojas said:

License plate? It's hidden behind a bumper-mounted liquid-crystal panel that goes from opaque (body-color) to transparent. ;)

I like that ! Nice job Ojas!

Now from the side view can you make a nicer and bigger air intake that would also extend lines in doors like the original NSX?

We are getting IMO a nicer HSC now.

Honda should take some notes...

Those of us gushing over the HSC do not and never will think our cars are old news. They are and always will be classics. Mine will probably remain in my garage for a very long time to come, maybe forever. If I do part with it some day, either for the new NSX or for financial reasons it will remain my favorite, the realization of 8 years of automotive lust. If financial circumstances allow, I'll have a '92 and an '05 in my garage. I think most of us "fanboys" feel this way.

I'm a fanboy, I want one bad. Classic and an automotive icon, without a doubt. To us, it will NEVER age!

But to the industry, the car is old. Until we're blue in the face, nothing is going to change that fact that there are alternatives consumers with money to burn want more for whatever reason.

If Honda builds a replacement NSX true to the philosophy of the original, and then again, and then again. Some we'll love, some we'll despise, but it establishes pedigree and improves the breed.

Last edited:

I think Honda needs to hire Ojas!

-- C

Ojas said:

Re: Re: more conservative rear?

cmb said:
THAT IS AN EVER SO SLIGHT BUT AWESOME MOD!!!

HONDA SHOULD DEFINITELY PAY ATTENTION TO THIS. ;)

I like this one the best because it is a change in astetics only and dosn't mess with aerodynamics.

I am sure Honda has done much research to give us the best of all worlds with little compramize. It would be interesting to see how many hours they spent in the wind tunnel to give maximum down force vs. drag.

Remember that more down force, equates to more stability and agilaty at all speeds, which is a trade off to drag. This in turn reduces all speeds. :) :) :)

whiteNSXs said:
No, you did not call it trash. You just called it a piece of shit that Honda spoon fed us. Regardless how you feel about the car, a lot of people express their joy and approval of this car whether it is the new NSX or just HSC. Your above statement is again presumptive and arrogant. HOW could you just assume that "most of " us would give it a thumb down had it not been a Honda car but a magazine's rendering? I respect that you hate the car. But from what I read so far, a lot of people like it.
Steve

Well, Steve, you have obviously been extremely offended as you have stooped to the level you accuse me of being at, by calling me names. I did state it was my opinion that most would give it the thumbs down, and as I stated (if you read the post) it was based on the reaction to other "renderings" of the next NSX. I will do a search and post the links if you want, but you are not new here, so you have read them I am sure. I will apologize for the POS comment, as that does sound harsh when you spell it out. I also think hate is a strong word, but could be accurate based on my posts. I think I would rather say I am extremely disappointed with the car (it sounds less harsh!) If the rear were more like Ojas rendering it would be a big improvement (LOOK- a positive comment!), but I guess I am still hoping for more of the styling cues from the original to carry over a la Corvette, F-car, Porsche, etc. I have seen your cars, and some of your posts, and you seem to be a owner with good sense, and good taste, so I am sorry you are taking my posts so to heart. I think I will bow out at this time with the harsh criticism until more is known about the car that is confirmed. I do not wish to be considered a troll, as I am a true NSX lover.Truce?:cool:

Shumdit said:
Well, Steve, you have obviously been extremely offended as you have stooped to the level you accuse me of being at, by calling me names. ...... I do not wish to be considered a troll, as I am a true NSX lover.Truce?:cool:
Truce is fine. But I "stooped to the level I accuse you of being at, by calling you NAMES???!!!!!" Please get the record straight if you truly want truce. What name did I call you and what LEVEL have I stooped to? If you are not a troll and a true NSX lover, you would know that the majority of us appreciate the NSX's true to earth and unpretentious qualities. It is truly a car with substance. So there are a few styling cues of the HSC that do not appeal you, but I think the car carries on the essence of an NSX plus more. You can have your opinion but don't treat people, who like the HSC, like a bunch of morons that don't know what they want. I just disagree with you and I have not "stooped" or "called you names" as you falsely claimed.
Steve

Ojas said:

FINALLY!!!!! Ojas, you are THE MAN!! It's about time... Honda, please take note!

(sorry if I'm a little late on this)

yes....no one cry fowle or take it to heart....

But I do want to point out one thing.

You boys see those holes on the side of the engine compartment?:(

Now do you see where im trying to get at?

those holes are gonna be damn hard to clean...arghhhhhhh!!!!!!

No more trunk space.....I dont see lines that show trunk....I need to fit at least my golf bag in there.

hey ojas.....can you fix em problems.....lol:D

Steve,
I could answer that, but you should figure it out if you read the post. I will not answer it at this time, as it seems you insist on having the last word, and I will allow you to have it. This may be yet another arrogant and presumptive thought on my part.;) Either way, I have learned from all of the continued unrest in the Middle East that the truce has to start somewhere, so I will do what they will not, and extend the olive branch, in hopes that you will not slap it out of my hand.:p

Is it exactly the SAME car? I wish...

One thing struck me, the following attached sketch of HSC looks way better that concept car shown at Tokyo Show.

Lines are more fluid and canopy much better integrated with body lines. So well that these lines reminds me those of the Mc Laren F1 from the side view.

Have you also noticed how the nose is different and giving a stronger thin/sharp impression because the bumper line isn't going straight to ground ( perpendicularly ) but going back towards the wheel well.

Also from the side view of sketch, the angled B pillar is more harmonious BUT this is true in conjunction with the very gentle slope of engine hatch glass joining the car's rear section ( on the concept car it looks like the glass covering the engine hatch is dropping very quickly and even following the B pillar negative angle!!! Beuark! )

Forward position of A pillar also create a kind of Diablo look where there is a rounded shape side window to match wheel well line.

I can see also a great possibility of magnifying the wedge look of the car by creating a crease starting fron the side air intake and ending near the front wheel well ( that crease line would be in a contrary angle of side body angle ( which is rising towards the rear ).

IMO these lines like the one of the Mc Laren F1 looks better with a rounded design and not in a sharp design as suggested by Honda.

Round this design, make a similar rear of actual NSX ( thanks again Ojas! ) and this could be a great new NSX design.

Attachments

• 03tms_hsc4_tov.jpg
    03tms_hsc4_tov.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 805
Last edited:
Back