• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC shape vs the original

No doubt the new HSC concept is handsome and modern, but over the past couple of days I have looked at the pictures of this concept numerous times and I feel that while it is a good design, that it may not have the timeless elegance of the original NSX. After almost one and a half decades, the original design still looks fresh and the proportions are just about perfect.

The HSC looks modern, Ferrari-esque in some ways, but already I feel that the car lacks, especially from the front, a distinct and unique appearance. The nose reminds me of an Acura RSX, the profile is very Ferrari-like and the back is truly the only aspect that is a home run in the way that the original was a home run from every angle. Not that it is not an attractive design, but that it seems to lack the inspired design of the original.

;)

The concept does nothing for me. I think it's ugly. I'll keep my NSX, thank you.

I disagree. I'll have to see it in person, but have a hard time thinking that it will be anything less than stunning.

No blinders

Shumdit said:
I agree, and I am glad someone else besides me is seeing the car without blinders.

Is it beyond your comprehension that someone could look at the HSC eyes wide open and like it? I've looked at the pictures, watched the movie, and have come to the conclusion...

...that I love it. I think the design is every bit as elegant and timeless as the original.

It remains to be seen what the production version looks like, and what the performance figures will be, but as of right now, a big thumbs up. And no blinders for me, either.

I, too want to see this car in person. The current nsx does nothing for me in pictures, but when i see it in person, it gives me goosebumps.

I love the super-futuristic look of the HSC. It will be interesting to see how much the CONCEPT model changes for production.

Certain aspects of the HSC are very nice, but who was that recently said here "understated elegance rarely goes out of style"? That describes the current NSX to a T (no pun intended).

The HSC looks audacious, but it's anything but understated. I think with a little restraint, the HSC could be tweaked into something more potentially enduring... keeping in mind a design cannot be considered timeless (or not) until time has passed.

Back