• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I always thought the NSX interior looks a bit outdated, so I did this.....

being a 20+years vehicle, it is expected that interior design looks outdated and the leather have shown wear and tear on them

so i have done a bit of upgrading here and there in the last 4 / 5 sundays ago

interior door panels --- i never really like the look of the factory wrinkly leather (not sure why they did it that way) so i replaced them with some carbon fibre fabric (not stick-on vinyl crap) :

most difficult part is to match up those lines between the panels and make sure the other side of the door also angled the same way as this side

also did the square panel behind driver seat

there is a "marking line" on it in the picture , not sure why, but there is nothing visible through the naked eyes

and did the console lid too :

i was gonna do some more but i ran out of fabric :( :(

this was also my first time playing around with this carbon fibre fabric - have never touched them before, so excuse me if there is any imperfections here and there :)

so i put a suede boot and momo gear-knob on my 'auto' stick

and swap over the steering wheel with a momo tuner wheel, NRG hub, quick release and quick release lock kit

Last edited:
I think I might have to steal your idea!!! Nice job

cheers man... i have ordered some more as i'm planning to do a little bit more here and there

the feel of the cloth is soft and super smooth with a texture. you can feel the texture of weave in it and i think it's water resistant too. there is a flexibility to it hence it's good for the corners.

unlike the cheap crappy vinyl, you don't have to heat it up to stretch it. you just stretch it to shape, to a degree, otherwise it will rip like a normal fabric

i finish it off with a wipe of silicone spray and it brings up the texture and depth even more as you can see in the picture

Do you still have your stock "H" steering wheel?
yep, i still got my factory Honda steering wheel... it's heavy as f*** !! :)

You did a fantastic job. I want to do this now. You uses the carbon fiber cloth and some foam and super glue. That's it?
thanks. yep, those are the 3 items i used for the door panels. and for the rear panel behind the seat, i used staple gun instead of glue. :)

be very patient when you do the corners, especially with the console lid. do NOT over stretch it as it will RIP, use super glue not normal glue so it will dry super quick and strong.

take your time to do your panel doors to make sure all the lines lined up properly from one panel to another. if you want to save time to match the lines, you could joint all the 4 panels together and wrap them in one go. this way there is no break in the lines.

please post pictures after you done it

Last edited:
Can you post up the eBay seller or a link that your using? I'm trying to steal your idea but want to make sure I get the right stuff:biggrin:

Can you post up the eBay seller or a link that your using? I'm trying to steal your idea but want to make sure I get the right stuff:biggrin:

LOL... c'mon man, you gotta do at least something... can't share all the secret :p .... J/K :)

here is the seller website (buy straight from him is best) : http://www.mod4less.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2054 -- he's got MATTE and GLOSS black carbon fibre cloth... i used the GLOSS one (enhanced with silicone spray/wipe), but if you prefer the DRY CARBON look, go with matte finish.

one thing i forgot to mention, you need a 3M spray glue. you will need to use this spray glue for the door panels. you need to rip out the old wrinkly leather, clean the crappy foam on the panel thoroughly, spray the glue, attach the high density foam, spray the glue again and attach the c/f cloth. use super glue only on the edge on the back side.

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee... post some pictures after you've done it (either in gloss or matte finish) .... but i'm particularly interested if you're doing yours in MATTE finish (DRY CARBON look)

Last edited:
Looks great, we have the same Momo shift knob as well but yours look really nice and low, how did you do that? Ours we just installed on the oem shift but sits quite high and we never liked the look.

Looks great, we have the same Momo shift knob as well but yours look really nice and low, how did you do that? Ours we just installed on the oem shift but sits quite high and we never liked the look.

thanks :) i simply replaced the original know with the momo one, that's it. no other modification done to it, well you can't anyway because of the spring shaft on the top. may be it looks nice and low because of the suede boot i put in there, giving it the illusion of nice and low ?

I'm unable to order direct from Mod4less, because the drop-down doesn't show any option other than "online delivery/no shipping". Can't find a phone number on their website, but I've emailed them about it. Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem.

Back