• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am in the market for an NSX but I am in a dilemma ...

Albert86, your from Falcon Heights, MN? Are you part of Minnesota NSX club yet?
Well - If that's that's a facebook club I am not.
I'm one of the few folks that haven't signed up for FB.
Wish we could get some cross posts here; I'd love to get together ...
Well - we're getting off track for this topic - get this guy a car.

I'd recommend driving the early model 91-94 coupe and then a 97+

Since you already have the s2000 you don't really need a targa top.

I think once you drive the coupe with its manual steering, you'll be much more open to the coupe.

$60k budget will allow you to buy a nice 91-94 with money left over for mods

I'd recommend driving the early model 91-94 coupe and then a 97+

Since you already have the s2000 you don't really need a targa top.

I think once you drive the coupe with its manual steering, you'll be much more open to the coupe.

$60k budget will allow you to buy a nice 91-94 with money left over for mods

This.

Thought I'd give my 2 cents as a fellow NFR S2K and NSX owner. I'll be honest, the first time I test drove my NSX I wasn't very impressed(But wait!). Perhaps, because I'd hyped it up to be some video game speed machine. The more I drove it and switched back and forth, the more I realized how the drive was more refined and how much more I enjoyed the NSX experience. Coming from an S2K I can't imagine not having the Targa top and losing that top down feel. I daily my S2K, and consider my NSX my weekend vacation experience. Don't let a higher mileage NSX scare you as long as you have awesome maintenance records. I've got a 3 inch binder full of almost every record of service done to my 127K NSX from the previous owner and I sleep well at night knowing it's been cared for, maintained, and most importantly driven. If you're ever in the Dallas area I'd be willing to let you test drive mine to see what you think of the 5 speed.

It all comes down to what purpose will your NSX serve you?
Are you going in with the thought of selling it eventually to break even or make a profit?
Are you going to get it meticulously detailed, remove every swirl/scratch, and keep it that way?
If you plan to daily drive it, are you ok with the possibility of the occasional door ding, scratch, rock chip?
When you take a friend out for dinner are you the type to worry about your car to the extent you can't enjoy the dinner?
+1. Keep the S2000 and be willing to accept the milage on the NSX. An NSX will last many, many miles if you're willing to maintain it. The 6-speed on the NA2 is nice, and I wish that my car had one, but if you have a pristine S2000 and don't want to sell it, then don't!

I haven't been on the forum in a while but couldn't sleep. I really think you should absolutely drive both and put a couple miles on them (if you can). If you go to CT PM me and I will let you drive my 2000 for a couple hours. I had a 1992 and absolutely loved it. I since got a 2000 (3.2 6spd of course) and personally for me, it is far better. I find the 6 speed much more comfortable, I much prefer the single plate clutch also. In the end it is preference but I have to say, I am personally much happier with the 2000 (which is crazy because I adored the 92). I would like another with a SC but that's another day. The NSX is much different than the S2000 (hate to see you sell it until you are "sold" on the NSX (which you will be)). I can't believe $60k is where these things are at. If you can find even a higher mileage one, if maintenance is done, I wouldn,t be too worried. Sold my 92 with 130k and it just sold with 150k. Never a problem. If your careful you may hit that mark. I know a guy that got a hold of a 2002 (mint with 42k miles) for about that 1 year ago. It was a ridiculous deal, but he found it. Best of luck. Offer is always on the table...

Last edited:
Here is a suggestion; S2000s, as of late, have been bringing pretty strong money. What I've been noticing is that the NSX market is a bit flat for some reason (it may be just winter) I use Bring A Trailer as a reference. As you stated your 2008 could bring 25K or more. Since your NSX budget is 60K why not think about selling your 2008 S2K, take 15K from the sale and add it to the 60k for a total of 75,000. You can get one hell of an NSX for that money. With the 10 grand left over you could find a not so perfect S2000 that would satisfy that need. You would have an almost perfect NSX and an S2K that you could daily because it's not so perfect. There is something to be said to having a car that you can park and not worry too much about. I hate taking my NSX anywhere where I can't keep and eye on it. Just my .02 cents. By the way I'm kind of in the market for an AP1 Spa Yellow S2K if you hear about any. I'm in down state New York if you're ever in the area.

As an added bonus the NSX qualifies for classic car insurance. My NSX costs only 500 dollars a year to insure. Not sure if the S2K can do that.

Last edited:
Back