• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I am now the adult.

Saturday my dad woke up, and just after breakfast with my mom started throwing up. My mom called the ambulance and they took him to the hospital where initially they said he was ok (diabetic) but would keep him for observation. Within a few hours, though his condition deteriorated and his body gave out. He would have been 88 in December.

After 45 years of being my dad's son, I'm now the adult. My dad taught me so much, encouraged me to be an engineer, fostered my talents and was there at my wedding 2 years ago. He got to meet and see my daughter back in March, and for that I'm grateful

I knew this day would come as it always does. My family is together back in El Paso where we will bury him and do our best to continue his legacy.

Rest in Peace Jerome Sergi, born Dec 20, 1924, Brooklyn, New York, passed, Sep 15, 2012, El Paso, TX. May God's light shine upon him.

My thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
Thanks for thinking enough of this community to post this very personal thread.
Lost my dad 9 years ago and I think about him regularly. We were lucky he had a chance to know my oldest son but I always wish he had a chance to hold my two daughters now aged 8 and 4. I am not a very religious person but I hope he knows we all miss him.

Take care,
John

Lost my father 1 1/2 years ago. I think about him daily. I even talk to him sometimes when no one is around. ;)

My only advice, to those of you that still have your father, do whatever you can to strenghten the bond and THANK HIM for all he ever did for you. Once he's gone, that door is closed forever.

Its been about 4 months since my dad passed at 82......As I'm sure you are aware you need to rally around Mom.....that is a work in progress....We take some comfort in the belief that my dad is now with his parents and sisters and all of our departed loved ones.

Its been about 4 months since my dad passed at 82......As I'm sure you are aware you need to rally around Mom.....that is a work in progress....We take some comfort in the belief that my dad is now with his parents and sisters and all of our departed loved ones.

John,

Thanks for the advice. My brother and sisters are all here with my mom and we definitely are all wanting her to come with one of us for a while as we all greive.

Mark

I am very close to my dad. I can only imagine what it must be like to lose your father. My condolences to you and the family. Thanks for posting, I will probably have a talk with my dad soon and let him know what he has meant to me before it is too late. I am sorry for your loss. :frown:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my Dad a few months ago (age 65). It's only gotten worse. Had to get on meds for depression.

I hope you deal with it better than I have.

God rest his sole.

I lost my Dad a few months ago (age 65). It's only gotten worse. Had to get on meds for depression.

I hope you deal with it better than I have. .

:-( takes time EAC. Time does heal all wounds.

My sincerest condolences. Sounds like you had a great relationship with him and have a thousand memories to reflect on.

God bless you and your family.

May he rest in peace. Its always hard when you lose a parent. You will get through it with some time and support from family and friends. I lost my mom when I was 19 years old then lost my dad at the age of 22. I had to become and adult quickly and at an early age. We all have to grow up sometime.

Sorry for your loss. May his soul Rest In Peace.

I am very sorry to hear about your father. My father passed away when I was 16 (he was only 44). I never got to tell him what he meant to me, but it does get easier as time goes on.

Back