• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I Can Handle The Truth

The early cars can easily be made to be as fast or faster than the later cars and have more modification potential being OBD-I. Stock, the gearing difference is far more significant than the 20hp. The 20hp is largely eaten up by the extra weight of the NSX-T over the early coupe. The gearing is much more of an issue 0-60 than 60-160. I would love a 6spd/3.2, but the coupes are hard to find in other than the red Zanardis. Some day I may buy a Zanardi and paint it Sebring Silver.

The NSX and the M3 are surprisingly similar in their tight, direct steering feel, with the advantage going to the early NSXs unboosted steering at speed. The NSX gearbox is far superior in feel and throw to the BMW unit, even after a UUC SSK and DSSR. The S54 is my favorite I6 and the C30A/C32B is my favorite V6. Both love to rev, the NSX even more so, but with a little less low-end torque. It is nothing like an S2000, however. The NSX has decent torque.

My 1993 NSX was at least as reliable as my M3 over the same 30k mile period, with significantly more overall miles (40k). These are the ultimate Hondas and they were built to an incredible standard by the cream of their work force. These cars will be around for a long time. The NSX was a rare moment in automotive history.

Driving the two is more different than their performance statistics would suggest. I find them roughly equal at higher speeds, whether a modified early NSX coupe or a later 6spd/3.2 97+, with the M3 getting a slight nod in the 0-60. They are very competitive on a road course. I was a few MPH faster in the M3 vs. my NSX on the longer straights, but the NSX was a bit faster through the more technical portions.

The experience in the NSX is much more exotic. One is mistaken for driving a Ferrari or correctly identified as driving an NSX. Photos may be taken. People may come up to you and ask you questions about your 'new' car, whether it is a 2005 or a 1991.

The driving position is low. Your eyes are at the level of the rear license plate of the M3. Your roof line is below the side mirrors of larger vehicles. The intake is behind your head in addition to the exhaust. It is an exotic experience, but the car is so well engineered that it can do the daily driver duty that an M3 does. There are some folks that strap on the snow tires and drive them year round. But most people seem to feel compelled to limit where they drive it and where they park it. My former 1993 had 100k miles and no door dings.

People forget what an amazing race car the NSX makes. You would think the Real Time GT championships in the 1990s and the impressive GT-2 win and top 10 finish at Le Mans, to say nothing of the JGTC cars, would be enough.

Excellent summary!

I am sorry Packard, I meant to post my question to Train, not to you. Thanks for the info.

I only brought it up because it fits neatly in the "Bigger, Faster, Badder" mindset.

He wants the biggest, baddest, toughest dog in the world.

He wants the baddest, fastest car in the world.

He wants the biggest, most powerful handgun in the world...

It all fits.

I couldn't tell you the specific differences between each variant, but I can tell you that Types R and S are essentially unavailable in the US. The NSX-T is an NSX with a removable roof, so I believe it's a bit heavier than the coupe and less stiff. The Zanardi is a limited edition (50 cars) 1999 NSX coupe (red exterior) with gunmetal BBS wheels, modified suspension, and lighter weight. I'm not sure if those are the only performance differences, but there are also interior changes such as floor mats, center console, and seats.

The Type-S is essentially available in the US. It is the Zanardi. Has virtually all the same specs. There were actually 51 built. :wink:

The Type-R is not available in the US in any form. The most noted difference on the Type-R is the much more aggressive suspension and huge weight reduction. It's totally stripped with no radio, reduced power accessories, Recaro seats, no spare tire, lighter wheels, rear wing and rear diffuser. The gearing is also shorter and the engine is balanced and blueprinted putting out much more HP than the claimed 290.

Drive one for yourself and see. There have been many Ferrari and Lambo guys that have had all 3, and they still love, and often come back to the NSX. :wink:

dead on!!
I like my NSX more than the Lambo. The Lambo is deffently faster and "more" of everything, but everytime I hop back into the NSX I love and appreciate it 10x more than the last time I drove it :biggrin:

that is true---they are ugly cars ....and I love the styling of the NSX and have loved it for over 10 years---it's timeless---I think I am going to have to drive one and then make my a choice---hell my Legend wasn't fast but it was quick --- and plus it was a LEGEND....thank you all for your comments and honestly

IF the car is half as good as the NSX community---I am sold!!! This is the best forum I have been a part of

Train,

This is Koji_H from a-l.com and LEGENDtuner. Just as everyone else has already said the NSX was not meant to be stop light dragster. It is plenty fast day to day but it really doesnt shine until you take it through the twisties. There's much more enjoyment out there when you deviate from the "straight line".

Here's a photo from last weekends Tampa bay area meet:
IMAG0011.jpg

Just get in touch with 93legendsedan from the a-l forums and ask what he thought about his "ride" this past weekend!!!

The Type-S is essentially available in the US. It is the Zanardi. Has virtually all the same specs. There were actually 51 built. :wink:

The Type-R is not available in the US in any form. The most noted difference on the Type-R is the much more aggressive suspension and huge weight reduction. It's totally stripped with no radio, reduced power accessories, Recaro seats, no spare tire, lighter wheels, rear wing and rear diffuser. The gearing is also shorter and the engine is balanced and blueprinted putting out much more HP than the claimed 290.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that about the Type-S (even though the cars do look essentially the same, I never realized they actually were basically the same). And I did know about the "extra" Zanardi, I guess I just forgot about it when I was posting.

Oh, this is Train from the a-l.com forums? Anyway, the driving experience of the NSX is what is special. It is not the fastest car out there but it is not slow by any means. The seating position and view through the front windshield is just something you need to experience yourself. I recently sold my NSX, and have been searching for a long time (Since last year when I was getting ready to sell the NSX) for some sort of compromise replacement fun car. I got close and considered buying the new E92 335i Coupe, thought about an S2000, thought about going in a totally different route and getting a large luxury VIP type sedan. In the end, I've 99% decided to buy another NSX (1% depends on the wife:tongue: ). The car is that special. The NSX is the only car that I started missing before I even sold it.

ChrisK, I think I remember you from the Legend forums of yore. Had a 91 Legend coupe that I (and wife) severly miss. Actually, I miss my NSX right now too.

Thanks everyone for your replies to my post --I didn't think it would even be at the top 5 for this long---Anyway, NO Cane Corsos are not violent by any means I think the dogs that attacked that lady were presas. any who, I have no problem selling my pups---anyone can come out to my place, touch pet, and play with my dogs no problem. I think any rare breed--will get the bad rap---it's just because the general public will not have any info on the dog's temperment so they just make some stuff up..I think that is dead wrong. Just because a dog is large doesn't mean he is crazy:eek: ----I didn't want to turn this post into a dog decussion, I get all the attention in the world when I go to pet smart----I am deciding on my NSX!! that's it...lol But since we are talking about pups---this is the best dog for kids bar-none. And just like the NSX you'll never know until you own one:biggrin: So all the opinions in the world about this breed will render false unless you have had personal experience with the breed...Just like I don't know which car I want NSX or Supra... eventhough I am leaning toward NSX....check out my site and sign my guest book---www.freewebs.com/bluexl--- show a future NSX owner some love----and quit bashing my pups....lol

And once again I thank everyone for the replies and the feedback ---I truely appreicate it---we made it threw the post without anyone throwing rocks at eachother....Happy motoring----and it doesn't matter what you ride.....it's all about the rider.

Oh yea boobage wasn't that important.....lol I have a motorcycle for that...:cool:

I can tell right away the NSX will not be fast enough for you in a straight line. A 3.0L NA1 (1991-1996) NSX is comparable in acceleration to a C5 Vette, a 993 Carrera, a F355 or a 90s Saleen Mustang. If you want raw power get a Supra. If you don't track your car, get a Supra. It's the best bang-for-buck power ever. The NSX is one of the most expensive cars to extract additional HP from. If you feel that you don't want to get "smoked" by a C6 Vette or a Viper or a MBZ or 996, etc. than go Supra. You'll definitely get eaten alive 0-60 by a STi or an EVO.

The best things about the NSX's performance are only experienced on the track. Why do you think a 290HP NSX-R can keep up with a 500HP Gallardo? :wink:

I beg to differ:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80979
may not be a gallardo, but a 500 hp car, yes.

I get people pulling up next to me saying all kinds of crap about how their muscle car (which they are not driving at the time) will smoke my NSX. I usually reply w/ something like..... "Not on a twisty canyon road". This usually shuts people up.I used to own a 74' red vette w/ speed enhancements. It looked great, sounded great, and had neck snapping acceleration........I prefer my NSX 100 % over that car,.......basically for the reasons already stated on this thread

Did I meet you yesterday at Vance's shop?

The same goes for Supra, until you drive one, you simply don't understand. Once you experience the "blurr" vision, you might have to have one. It is "that" fast. If you only care about straightline and don't mind decent handling as bonus, this is the car for you.

The things I didn't like about the Supra wasn't the handling, it handles great with amazing brakes. My dislike were the boy image, attracting teenage boys, cops, big as wing (Ab Flug wing will fix that).

Lol, straightline only?
Nürburgring lap time:
7:21 --- 168.163 km/h -- Blitz Supra, 650 PS (Autocar magazine 97)
7:28 --- 166.652 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, Walther Roehrl,(Autobild 07/04)
7:32* -- 164.071 km/h – Pagani Zonda F, 650 PS/ 1230 kg, (*mfr.) www.autodrome-cannes.com/index-eng.asp
7:32.44 163.911 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, definitive time Horst von Saurma (sport auto 01/04)7:32.52 163.882 km/h -- Gemballa Porsche GTR 600 EVO, Wolfgang Kaufmann (sport auto 01) , www.gemballa.com/news/gtr6002.html
7:34 --- 163.586 km/h – Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1180 kg, Horst von Saurma (sport auto), oct,17-18 05, http://www.koenigsegg.com/news/artic...age=&type=news
7:36 --- 162.631 km/h -- Porsche Carrera GT, 612 PS/ 1475 kg, factory test driver Walther Roehrl (02)
7:39 --- 161.575 km/h -- Koenigsegg CCR, 806 PS/1180 kg, http://www.koenigsegg.com/news/artic...age=&type=news

I used this Supra as daily driver and NSX as weekend car for over 2 years, zero issues on Supra and it had 100k+ miles. While I had climate control and speakers went bad in my 28k mile NSX. In this case it win in trouble free department for me.

Supra.jpg

I know what you mean about the boy image. Whenever I drive the Supra, every riced up car revs at me. It's very annoying.

I am going to have to add another Viper vote. It seems to fit well with what you initially asked for.

They are nice cars and you can pick one up in the same price range.

The NSX just doesn't have the straight line acceleration that some of the newer sports cars have. Mine still feels pretty fast though. With a few mods and some weight reduction it turns 12.9's, which is faster then some of the EVO's and STI's, but it isn't hard for them to fix that.

You can always beat them top end and take it up to 175 :p

I get people pulling up next to me saying all kinds of crap about how their muscle car (which they are not driving at the time) will smoke my NSX. I usually reply w/ something like..... "Not on a twisty canyon road". This usually shuts people up.I used to own a 74' red vette w/ speed enhancements. It looked great, sounded great, and had neck snapping acceleration........I prefer my NSX 100 % over that car,.......basically for the reasons already stated on this thread

Mike did they happen to look like this......

:biggrin:

HI I need some tire burn'N, loud pipe'N, good corner'N, tight brake'N, make your friends jealous, Targa top'N, Fast and the Furious, every girl with big boobs wanna take a ride'N, NASTY ACCELERATION :biggrin:

All value judgements are relative.
Buy an s2000, drive it for a month,
then supercharge it, drive it for a month,
then go to your Chevrolet dealer and test a hot new Corvette.

You will be out maybe 2-3K in the end, but you will know how you want to spend your 55K.

This car isn't for making people jealous (is any car for that??)

This car won't get you laid.

Some other cars may be better suited for you... maybe a supercharged 350Z?

Its obvious you don't have an NSX.
Whether you want it to or not, I garrantee you some people will be jealous.
Won't get you laid. LOL, Yeah right!

Why would a SC 350Z be better? Both have about the same HP stock, so its money spent on one or the other, I'd rather have the NSX!

get you laid. LOL[/quote said:
Dayyumm! If you need car to get 'laid'.... that's flippin' sad!! I'd run from anyone who'd give it up due to the car a man drove... pfft!

Dayyumm! If you need car to get 'laid'.... that's flippin' sad!! I'd run from anyone who'd give it up due to the car a man drove... pfft!

lol

Well, a friend of mine had a white Contach. And if he was at a traffic light too long a woman would sure to hop in the car and perform sex on him.

I don't know about a NSX. I think the Acura is more about the driving experience.

Get the Contach for sex.

Well, a friend of mine had a white Contach. And if he was at a traffic light too long a woman would sure to hop in the car and perform sex on him.

I don't know about a NSX. I think the Acura is more about the driving experience.

Get the Contach for sex.

LMBO!!!!!!!
13501381245-1.gif

that's some scary crap! Hep c??? anybody?? barf

Re: NSX = driving experience: Indeed! It requires actual skill and class from its driver.......

Whats a Contach? :tongue:

Also how would that female who jumps into the "Contach" feel when the guy tells her it was a Fiero replica.

Back