• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got f'd...what do I do?

Keep the summer tires, and buy 4 dedicated snows, much better that way. Why compromise the ride and performance year round when the summer tires can stay on the car from April through much of November.

Keep the summer tires, and buy 4 dedicated snows, much better that way. Why compromise the ride and performance year round when the summer tires can stay on the car from April through much of November.

+1 even with a small amount of snow this is by far the best way to go.

Well I just bought myself a Pewter/Tan 2006 CLS also. Looking at the pictures above for a few days I couldn't resist. I think I got a good deal at $31k with warranty and 27,000 miles on the odo. Plus the dealer is throwing on window tint. :smile:

Well I just bought myself a Pewter/Tan 2006 CLS also. Looking at the pictures above for a few days I couldn't resist. I think I got a good deal at $31k with warranty and 27,000 miles on the odo. Plus the dealer is throwing on window tint. :smile:

Glad I could help give the itch to someone else. ha, ha. That sounds like a great deal. My local dealer had a couple for between 38-42k on their lot. You pretty much got the price they paid at the auction. :)

CLS'fever, big-time!

Well I just bought myself a Pewter/Tan 2006 CLS also... I think I got a good deal at $31k with warranty and 27,000 miles on the odo. Plus the dealer is throwing on window tint. :smile:
DocL, congratz' on the nice acquisition (exact target-price & mileage that I'm lookin' into)... :cool:

A few questions, if you have the time: was the $31k pre-TTL or out-the-door? Also, you mentioned dealer: was this an MB dealer? Regarding warranty that you stated, was this a C.P.O. vehicle w/ any extended warranty, or just the original manufacturer's warranty?

Please post some pics when you get the chance, to further the whet the appetites of others, namely moi'! :D

Re: CLS'fever, big-time!

DocL, congratz' on the nice acquisition (exact target-price & mileage that I'm lookin' into)... :cool:

A few questions, if you have the time: was the $31k pre-TTL or out-the-door? Also, you mentioned dealer: was this an MB dealer? Regarding warranty that you stated, was this a C.P.O. vehicle w/ any extended warranty, or just the original manufacturer's warranty?

Please post some pics when you get the chance, to further the whet the appetites of others, namely moi'! :D

I didn't mean to hijack this thread btw peeps. :smile:

Price is before TTL. The car was traded in to a Lexus dealer and was a one owner car with almost a year left on the OEM warranty. I'm going to buy an extended warranty from MB before this one expires.

2161097968-vi.jpg

2161098048-vi.jpg

2161097990-vi.jpg

2161098010-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful DocL...that looks familiar :) except for the steering wheel/shift knob and you have the matte finish wood and I have the high gloss wood. I don't consider this a hijack at all...the more the merrier. :)

You have more warranty left than I do (5-6 months for me) and as you are, I am getting an extended warranty from a MB dealer in town. Priced out all of them and I can get 4 years from today and 75k additional miles for $2200. (platinum coverage with zero deductible) Let me know if you can do better.

Pepe' le Pewter...

DocL... oooh, ahhh, niceee! :D

Seems like Pewter is the colour du'jour w/ 'PRIME CLS'ers... :p

I have a hardback-book of the CLS (approx. 8"x12") I got in England, a few years ago. It's very similar to our NSX dealer-supplied book (a propagating brochure, in essence). Do try to acquire one, if you can. I'll keep an eye-out for both of guys! :cool:

Regarding reliability/durability, the MB E-Class platform received a mid-model 'refresh' for '06+ models addressing certain issues & usual quirky/burdensome German electronics. The result was a much-improved model-line. As the CLS is based-off the E-Class platform, I've read that it's proven to be relatively solid as well. . .

I'm very much drawn towards the Designo "jet black piano lacquer" interior trim (designo Platinum Black Edition)...

Last edited:
Back