• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I got me one!!!! BB 96!

Thanks guys! So there was an AMAZING deal at the local Acura dealership. They had a special that was only good for June and I BARELY got in on time but the special was $899 for Timing belt and water pump for ANY Acura. Lol, OBVIOUSLY not marketed towards NSXs but yeah had to honor it. From what Im reading, it sounds like the typical price for TB/WP at dealerships is roughly $2k. I was gonna do all the maintenance myself during the winter but this was too good of a price to pass up. Service department was great. Got an MDX as a loaner (RIDICULOUSLY HORRIBLE on gas btw). So, as expected, the wear items needed to be replaced;

Valve cover gaskets
Cam seals
VTEC solenoid gasket
One front CV boot
Coolant hoses

I told them to do the valve adjustment while theyre doing everything else. I told them to hold off on the hoses, VTEC solenoid gasket and the CV boot, THOSE I will be doing myself.

Ending total....STILL under $2k!! AMAZING!! Getting my car back today. Total withdrawals...especially with the perfect targa weather!

^^^thats a freaking sweet deal

I really like the black with the red leather. Looks really sweet. Congrats.

Everybody knows black on red targas are the best NSXs :) Welcome to the club.

Ill swap seats with you if interested. I love that color combo

Back