• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I have come to the conclusion that a proper garage has...(sort of a poll)

Thanks Andy, and believe it or not I do actually change oil on that carpeted floor. We need to get together during my next visit to Pittsburgh!!!

john

Absolutely, when are you up here next ??

I am in Jeannette right now. Heading over to Philadelphia Saturday morning....I will be back again for memorial Day weekend...a family reunion. Probably be coming up on the Wednesday before. Perhaps we can plan to get together then?

John

There are some awesome garages in here. Getting some great ideas. About 2 years ago I moved into an old 1949 home with more square feet for parking than for living space. Just how the priorities should be, right? 6 car garage on one side, 1 car garage on the other. There's a wash basin at one end. Long term plans will include some custom flooring and a sound system but for now it's home to a handful of classics.

garage.jpg

Looks amazing Tyson, love it.
Im on the hunt for a legend coupe, gives me motivation seeing your legend.

An inexpensive oriental rug.
It's a pleasure to kneel or work on - it's a nice presentation and Jersey gets cold.

aa.jpg

Last edited:
ZX/NSX 9' ceiling
VERY nice. Maybe I need to reconsider.

Gadgetman said:
I would think S2K and NSX would work fine being stacked.
Though I see your issues are more than easily resolved. Still might be worth some measuring to see if you can do what you think you can't.
I think you guys might have a good point, and the photos are certainly motivational.

Next steps for me are to fill in the expansion joints, get some better epoxy on the floor and from there maybe I'll start playing around with ideas to maximize overhead space.

If you are happy with them, what lifts are you guys using?

I don't stand up under the car on the lift, I roll around on a wheeled shop stool.
It WORKS for me!
VERY nice. Maybe I need to reconsider.

I think you guys might have a good point, and the photos are certainly motivational.

Next steps for me are to fill in the expansion joints, get some better epoxy on the floor and from there maybe I'll start playing around with ideas to maximize overhead space.

If you are happy with them, what lifts are you guys using?

Back