• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

i need a good opinion

I have a 5 speed 94 nsx with about 10k miles on it. I has a salvage title due to the fact that somethings were stolen but no body or engine damage happened. the missing pieces were replace so the car is stock. The car is in mint condition and i was thinking of asking between 45-50k for it. Do you think i could get that much for it? here is a picture.........

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 515
I think he might have thought that your price was in Cdn dollars.

A salvage title, regardless of the "story" behind it, changes everything. Rightly or wrongly people will think the worst.

Here's a good place to start...

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

I think you'll be lucky to get $30K-$33K.

Good luck.

-Jim

Last edited:
I think 45-50k is unrealistic (I know of an NSX owner that bought his pristine 94 Silver w/9k miles for $38k), however if you might be able to do better than the low $30s if you can convince interested buyers of the absence of serious damage.

I agree with Jimbo. While you may lucky in your ability to get an understanding buyer, I would not hold my breath. Most of us are overly-protective of our X's, and will go to great pains to ensure our cars are well-maintained, well-kept and pampered in all senses of the word. With an increasing amount of scams these days, it is difficult enough to ensure that you a buying a well-kept, well-maintenanced NSX with a clean title, much less having to worry about the potential issues related to buying one with a salvage title, even if the reasons for the salvage title are not substantive. For this reason, most buyers will automatically discount a salvage title. I think low- to mid-$30's is where I would price your car, assuming all else checks out. You will maximize your sales dollars if you sell to somebody who is intending to keep their NSX for life, and if you honestly discuss the salvage situation with them, including showing them there is no frame or engine damage, by way of having the car inspected by an authorized and knowledgeable Acura dealer with experience in NSXs.

Regards.

PHOEN$X said:
I think 45-50k is unrealistic (I know of an NSX owner that bought his pristine 94 Silver w/9k miles for $38k), however if you might be able to do better than the low $30s if you can convince interested buyers of the absence of serious damage.

I thought that they stopped producing Silver in 93? I guess I was wrong!! I would love to see the 94 Silver (I have not yet seen one!!).

Tiger740 said:
I thought that they stopped producing Silver in 93? I guess I was wrong!! I would love to see the 94 Silver (I have not yet seen one!!).

Not the best pic, but here you go. I'm pretty sure it's not a repaint.

Attachments

• 94nsx.jpg
    94nsx.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 375
PHOEN$X, is that picture a 94? It looks like the sebring color?? If so, then I second the "it must be a repaint".

Ok, I contacted my friend and was informed the original owner didn't buy & title the car (new) until 4/94, but it was manufactured in 11/93. So technically it is a 93.

peffy said:
...I has a salvage title due to the fact that somethings were stolen but no body or engine damage happened...

peffy, could you please post the VIN of your car, so we can log it into the system. We generally put all salvage VINs in the FAQ to ensure that potential buyers are aware of any salvage title X's. It seems that you are an honest seller, and so I assume this will not be an issue for you.

Regards.

PHOEN$X said:
Ok, I contacted my friend and was informed the original owner didn't buy & title the car (new) until 4/94, but it was manufactured in 11/93. So technically it is a 93.

Year of a vehcile is determined by the VIn# not the date of manufacture. If the 10th digit is a "P" it is a 1993.
If it is a "R" it's a 1994.

Clarification: According to the VIN it is a 93, although I don't understand why it was manufactured so late in the year. Does it have something to do with the fact that in Japan the model years coincide with the actual production year, as opposed to here?

Jimbo said:
I think you'll be lucky to get $30K-$33K.

I agree.

The problem with salvage title cars is that there is no active market with many comparable cars being sold. Thus, we know that a nice-condition '94 5-speed with 10K miles and a clean title might sell for upper thirties or maybe forty, but each salvage title car is unique, with unique damage history.

If I were selling this car, I might start out asking $33-35K but wouldn't be surprised if it finally sold in the mid to upper twenties.

please dont be offended but why did you post the pic and what does it have to do with this thread. Maybe I missed something but I was not able to make the connection in the 2 min I spent looking. I think its funny I might try it myself just sticking a picture of me and my nsx on every thread just for the hell of it.

Your asking price is too high IMHO. 97 NSXs have sold for < $50K, if you can get $50K for your car, you're a genius. ;)

cpmoran said:
please dont be offended but why did you post the pic and what does it have to do with this thread. Maybe I missed something but I was not able to make the connection in the 2 min I spent looking. I think its funny I might try it myself just sticking a picture of me and my nsx on every thread just for the hell of it.

Yeah, I agree. What the hell is that pic for? And I read the thread. Hmpht. :confused: Some people are strange. :)

Oh, here's a pic of me at my father's house in Boston eating a Triscuit cracker with pepperoni and cheese on it standing next to the refrigerator that my Dad bought only 1 year ago and there are Frosty Paws treats for the sheepdog in the freezer and that magnet on the left side came in the mail with a free box of Tide laundry detergent and the picture was taken in a mirror so I am actually standing on the opposite side as what you would think and..... ah forget it, you get my point. :D

Back