• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I need a vacume cleaner ASAP...Help

Hay guys. Thank you so much for your input and insight. I just purchased a new vacuum cleaner on line based on your imput. Because I appreciate your comments, I'll be happy to come over to your house and provide a one time complementary vacuum once my new machine arrives.:biggrin: (This offer does not apply to Ken or Hal because they live too close to me and may take me up on my offer.)

Is this a great site or what? Thanks again.:biggrin:

Doug

Dyson is by far the best, however, we also have an Oreck XL. No where near the suction of Dyson but you can lift it with your pinkie. Almost like the carbon fiber of vacuums. After a messy party, only the Dyson will do. Everyday and stairs...it's the Oreck ultra-lite.

I got that Mike Tyson thing. Oh, wait a second. I think that's a Dyson. Now I think I am going to come out of retirement and start a cleaning service. I am having difficulty finding magnetized signs that will stick to the aluminum sides of the NSX and a trailer to haul the new cleaner. I am thinking of red overalls that would go along with the car. You guys thing that might be overkill? I guess I should start some negotiations with Hal and Ken to see if they want part of this money making monster. Now I know some of you guys are on the opposite side of the country, but don't worry. I've already started thinking about franchise opportunities.:tongue:

My vacuum cleaner blew up. It's a Bissell and decided to redeposit more than it picked up.

So, now I am looking for a new machine. I was looking at the Hoover machine that was a steam machine for example. If I get a steam machine, is that the same as a steam cleaner plus a vacuum?

Any input is appreciated. Yes, I am a neat-nick. I would be happy to steam clean my carpets every other day... But, I don't want to walk around on wet carpets...

Tried to look at Consumer Reports, but you have to subscribe to the publication. Really didn't want to do that for one opinion, so I thought I would ask this community for their opinion(s).

Thanks.

Well, well, well it appears to be perfect bomb placement on my part. Now you are stuck with dirty floors, bawwwahahahahaha.

I have central vac but everyone STILL uses the dyson. You know what I got that dyson over 5 years ago and it still works perfectly. It's purple. I think the model is "animal."

Well, well, well it appears to be perfect bomb placement on my part. Now you are stuck with dirty floors, bawwwahahahahaha.

I have central vac but everyone STILL uses the dyson. You know what I got that dyson over 5 years ago and it still works perfectly. It's purple. I think the model is "animal."

I wouldn't be surprised if you DID bomb my Bissell! The way you've been harassing me lately. Calling me at all hours of the day and night. What time did you call me the other day? Was it about 4:30 a.m.?:eek: Ah, the old Bissell Bomb trick...

At least you did'nt get the swifter......

I wouldn't be surprised if you DID bomb my Bissell! The way you've been harassing me lately. Calling me at all hours of the day and night. What time did you call me the other day? Was it about 4:30 a.m.?:eek: Ah, the old Bissell Bomb trick...

It was 7:30 according to the world time clock on my wall. I figured you would be awake. I didn't know you were up late chasing naked women around your apartment the night before. You need text messaging on the cell so I can ping you before I call. :biggrin:

I'll be happy to come over to your house and provide a one time complementary vacuum once my new machine arrives.:biggrin: (This offer does not apply to Ken or Hal because they live too close to me and may take me up on my offer.)
Doug

OK, Doug, I'll take you up on that offer. How's Saturday 8/15/09?:wink: Just promise me you won't try to sell me one after you are done vacuuming to make your month's numbers.:biggrin:

Well...to make a vacum cleaner is more difficult than it looks like at the first time. Basically there are some important factors to be looked at such as airflow, clogging, dust picukp....etc.

If You look on the marketing side....yes Dyson is doing a great job I think very consequent communication, moder/cool look.......but on the technical side it is not the best and it is way way expensive. The only thing they are good at is that the clogging is on very high level which means that it will run the same performance undependetnt if the dustbag is empty or full. That is true, but on the other side this performance level is much much rather on the low average side.

I would pick up an ELECTROLUX for sure. From thechnical POV they are the best! It is the NSX of the vacum cleaners :) Dyson is a Corvette C5..:)

Back