• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I think I'll hang out here too...

Being from PA, my "home" regional forum is the Northeast. But other than a couple of guys in Philly, most of the NE members are farther north in NY, north Jersey, etc. and I've missed a couple of good get-togethers b/c of the 3-hour commute to, for example, the Bear Mountain runs. Where I live (Chadds Ford) is 1/2 hour from the PA/MD line, a few minutes more to Havre DeGrace (stallion77) and <1.5 hrs from B'mo'.

Scanning some of the threads here, it looks like there will be more runs within reach of me (and the Philly guys) than in the Northeast forum. I'm sick to my stomach that I missed the new Daisy Import meet-up (in the DC forum), that was my birthday weekend and I'm meeting Ben for some work on my car this weekend, it would have been a great opportunity to meet him and some of the MD/DC guys.

If y'all don't mind a northerner crashing the party (I grew up in MD 'til college, so maybe that helps), I'd love to hang out here and maybe catch some of the MD/DC meet-ups. I wouldn't mind hosting a run either. There's a nice loop my g/f and I take on our motorcycles that follows PA-851 (some awesome sections on that road) 'til it ends at PA-516. We go on north toward Carlisle, but I could find some alternate routes that would loop us back down into MD. Whatever, just sayin' I'd be happy to contribute to the fun too.
Cheers,
-will

Back