• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I thought nsx resale values are high

nsxsupra said:
Actually comquat1 was correct, the dealer's asking price were $38k~$45K new. I was in the market for Supra, 300ZX, 3000GT back then, visited various dealerships. I ended up with 300ZX turbo instead for $42k out the door, not exactly the best choice, but it was my most wanted car at the time.

They did offer huge discount (around $10k) for automatic turbo Supra during the year with no 6spd cars.

Original 93 window sticker for 6spd Turbo Supra:
20.jpg

Yeah, suck it TTony! :tongue: You want some milk with that humble pie I'm serving you??? :biggrin:

steveny said:
Actually they are pretty close in price but the NSX is still higher

93 Supra...$27,387 Average price

93 NSX...$29,546 Average price

Note I did not include the two Supras that were priced at an insane 250k :eek:
I did leave in the other obvious low priced scams for both cars.

I think you meant I can't care less (which really should be could not care less)

But how many of those supras are twin turbos? There are alot more NA MKIV supras than the turbo ones...and the price is a big difference.

Spinner said:
But how many of those supras are twin turbos? There are alot more NA MKIV supras than the turbo ones...and the price is a big difference.

I don't think any of the NSX's are twin turbos. :wink:

steveny said:
I don't think any of the NSX's are twin turbos. :wink:

I meant the supras. :biggrin: But seriously, the average price you got for the supras....were they turbos only, or mixture of MKIV supras? :smile: The asking price for the TT are just INSANE out here in Cali! :eek:

Spinner said:
I meant the supras. :biggrin: But seriously, the average price you got for the supras....were they turbos only, or mixture of MKIV supras? :smile: The asking price for the TT are just INSANE out here in Cali! :eek:

I went to autotrader and selected Toyota/supra/between 1993/1993 and at the bottom there will be a highest priced and a lowest priced and an average price. I did the same for the NSX.
It would be an unfair comparison between a TT Supra and a non-turbo NSX.

I looked at getting a Supra Turbo, but the prices are completely insane. After the FF movie, everyone wanted one and the resale skyrocketed. There is no way I would pay the kind of money most people are asking for them these days. There are much better options.

steveny said:
I went to autotrader and selected Toyota/supra/between 1993/1993 and at the bottom there will be a highest priced and a lowest priced and an average price. I did the same for the NSX.
It would be an unfair comparison between a TT Supra and a non-turbo NSX.

How would it be unfair if the Supra came stock with the TT for less money than the same year NSX without turbo's? To me it looks like the Supra TT's are holding their value much better than most any car I can think of from that era.

What you are doing is unfair unless you factor in the resale based on the percentage of MSRP at the time. You are looking at all Supra's from a certain year, well a lot of them are base cars that sold for much less than an NSX did new.

That's what I was referring to. Most supras TT around 93-95 era were probably around 40k brand new. NSX's during those times are around 60-70k. Now If you look at pricing for 93 supras tt nowadays... most are fetching up to 80% of their msrp while nsxs are at the most 50% of their msrp? This is why I posted the topic that Supras hold their resale value better than nsxs.

surferX said:
And in 1993 weren't both the Supra Turbo and the NSX $60k cars MSRP before the insane dealership markups??? Looks like the NSX may be winning the resale value battle after all! :biggrin:
In 1993, the Supra's were a nominal 65K CAD while a 1993 NSX was a nominal 125K CAD. I could be wrong, but I think that if you read into what the original poster outlined, it was resale value relative to original purchase price. In this instance for us here in Canada, it's VERY valid. These days though a CAD NSX is a nominal 40-50K while a TT Supra is a nominal 25K CAD so from this math it appears that both are holding a nominal 40% resale value and are equal. :wink:

Last edited:
Lets talk about US pricing and living in the US not CAN. No offense to our neighbors up north. Hell I even had a Canadian roommate once. Great guy... cheap as hell but great guy...

dainese51 said:
Lets talk about US pricing and living in the US not CAN. No offense to our neighbors up north. Hell I even had a Canadian roommate once. Great guy... cheap as hell but great guy...
Nice. Really nice. I was merely trying to provide support to your logic and you are quick to shunt it. :confused:

Uh, yeah. The resales values on supras are stupid. MSRP on the TT was $40k (according to Cars.com) and here is a list of Supras for sale on the Dupont Registry

http://www.drautos.com/search/srResults.asp?sessionkey={1E2EDDEB-7A2A-4E49-B96B-293AD4CCCF17}&makename=Toyota&makeid=68

Back