• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I want to update to 18/19!!

I am thinking about updating my 1991 NSX from sparco 17/18's to a set of 18/19s HP Racing Evos.

I am wondering what size rims and tires I need for the front and back, and also will I need spacers.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thank You
Erick Schmitt
[email protected]

Wheel sizes: 18x8 for the front and 19x9.5 for the rears.

Tire sizes: 215-35-18 for the front and 265-30-19 for the rear.

Some people prefer 225-35-18 for the front, but you increase your likelihood of rubbing, and some people prefer 275-30-19 for the rears.

You will need 3mm spacers at all four corners. You will also need hub-centric rings.

Tom (RPMotorsports),

Just so you know, on the older NSXs, four 3mm spacers are needed. I know that's what I needed on my '93. When I ordered the wheels from you, you sent one pair of 3mm spacers, and I mounted the rear wheels with no spacers since you led me to believe that I didn't need them. I lowered the car, put it in reverse, and I hear this ugly sound. I'm lucky I didn't mess up my brakes or something. It only scraped/gouged the inside of the wheel.

This was after I had to seperately purchase the hub-centric rings, and lugs, which I had been CHARGED AND INVOICED for by you, but never got. It turned out that I needed to order and wait for another pair of 3mm spacers for the rear, too, before I was rolling.

I'm assuming a '91 and '93 are going to be the same as far as spacer requirements, so give out the right information. You will save the buyer some aggrevation.

But Ravn, you dont have HP Evos and your nsx is a later model (2000). I have 18-19 hp evos on my 92 and need 3mm spacers all around and had to get hubcentric rings which I purchased from a reputable place in the bay area.

I have 215-18-35 frs and 275-19-30 rrs

RPM Can you respond to kingscourt and explain the charges without sending the goods etc. How are you going to make it up to him?? I ask because I too am in the market for wheels and more.

Dont forget that you will lose acceleration and performance with the bigger wheels.

MegaZap said:
Welcome to the NSX wheel search routine.

Makes me wonder if anyone is happy with the setup they have! People are always changing their wheels.

Zap
No plans to change here, IM happy .......for now :)

Attachments

• P8220080.jpg
    P8220080.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 147
KingsCourt said:
Tom (RPMotorsports),

Just so you know, on the older NSXs, four 3mm spacers are needed. I know that's what I needed on my '93. When I ordered the wheels from you, you sent one pair of 3mm spacers, and I mounted the rear wheels with no spacers since you led me to believe that I didn't need them. I lowered the car, put it in reverse, and I hear this ugly sound. I'm lucky I didn't mess up my brakes or something. It only scraped/gouged the inside of the wheel.

This was after I had to seperately purchase the hub-centric rings, and lugs, which I had been CHARGED AND INVOICED for by you, but never got. It turned out that I needed to order and wait for another pair of 3mm spacers for the rear, too, before I was rolling.

I'm assuming a '91 and '93 are going to be the same as far as spacer requirements, so give out the right information. You will save the buyer some aggrevation.

Interesting. 2 months later I still don't have my hub-centric rings either.
Tom, these ever going to come to me?

Back