• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

IACV Idle air control valve cleaning & fast idle valve. acura nsx

I was wondering has anyone removed these 3 security screws before to see whats behind the IACV. I want to remove the screws to clean behind it but so far haven't found anything at home depot with the same teeth.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I have a new fast idle valve assy 16500-pr7-a00 from ACURA but could not order the IACV idle air control valve 138200-0390 because it has been discontinued. I discovered that the prelude IACV is almost identical. The plug is exactly the same and the mounting points are exactly the same. The two inlet hoses connect differently and I don't see any issues with buying new hoses. (or I can just transfer the inlet ports from the old unit to the new one when I get the tri bit screws natcc99 mentioned, THANKS BTW). Will update and let you know if it works.

Last edited:
I think you have the wrong part number for the IACV idle air control valve. I believe it is p/n 36450-PR7-A01. While it does show as NLA in US parts catalogs, you might try www.amayama.com. It looks like they can source it. $185.98 + shipping.

I have ordered a bunch of parts from Amayama and have always had a good experience.

Last edited:
That is just a coolant passage- no need to clean it if it is flowing ok. If you remove the three screws and attempt to pry off the plate, you will tear the gasket that seals the two parts. This gasket is not available separately, so you either have to buy a new valve or figure out a way to re-seal it (RTV?). When I did my IACV, I just cleaned up the nipples with some scotchbrite and left it alone.

Thanks! I just cleaned this part out and my car doesn't stall anymore when turning on the a/c.

Back