• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

IAtunner

Whats the deal with this guy? It's been 3 weeks sense I got an IM from him. I sent him a cashiers check for a new carbon fiber hood.

Do I need to take this to the next level or what?:mad:

Bought a CF hood from him. He cashed the check on December 18th then disappeared.

He sent one IM last week, saying he shipped the hood in December and nothing else. I've sent him an IM every day asking for more info and have not received anything. He has also not returned my calls.

I told him to please get me a tracking number or refund my money by Friday, neither happened. :frown:

I already have begun filling a theft claim with the FBI internet fraud claims.

Here is the link to his CF hoods, etc....

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79717

Here is the payment info, I paid with a bank issued cashiers check;

Pay to: Melissa Lo

Send to:

8383 Monaco Ct.
Fontana, CA. 92335

I have gotten mixed emails on Son, some say he is ok, others say not ok.....still leaves me out $675 though. :-(

Re: Being Scammed by a PRIME Member, what to do?

Want to share any details so we know what's going on? When did you pay, what did you buy, when you last heard from IAtuner, etc.

Does any one have any suggestions for legal action in California?

I have had to do this with two vendors on Prime (Dali and racer98) and can speak from experience. You can file a small claims case in your county or in the county IATuner is in. Depending on the county, you may be able to file a small claims court case online or via fax. However, you will have to hire a process server. Though if the processee manages to skip out on service (like Dali and racer98 have), you'll have to be persistent by continuing the service and expect those invoices to mount.

AFAIK, Cali small claims court allows you an additional 10% over your loss in addition to your court costs.

There are ton of decent, honest, and helpful individuals on Prime. I'm sorry you got tangled up w/ the resident thiefs.

I have purchased items twice from Son, he has been a good vendor both times, meeting me with large parts 'half way' for pickup. I have his cell phone number somewhere, PM me and I will give it to you, if you don't have it already.

I doubt it matters, but I shipped a package on the 9th of december, and it just arrived yesterday...Maybe shipping delay....but the ignoring of pm is another matter.

I'm pretty understanding with shipping and online business because I buy and sell a lot of stuff online too. But I also can tell when people are being dishonest or that something is not right....this clearly is one of those situations.

I have sent IAtuner a link to this thread. I hope it's just a very odd situation.:rolleyes:

Not wanting to take up for him but I purchased an item last year and got it pretty darn quick with no issues.
I did feel a little uneasy at the time of sending a check for product and not being able to use paypal.
I do hope you get it resolved in a timely manner.
Please update the community of the progress so we can make our own decisions on whether or not to continue purchasing from this vendor.

I'm afraid your wrong about these people. I have been dealing with Melissa since Nov. 07' and they have been busy, sick, the holidays, out of stock, etc.. There is a new batch on the way and I would be patient instead of the California way and sue at the first opportunity to solve your problems.

I sent her a cashiers check with a wrong name for payment and at her own expense she OVERNIGHTED it back to me for correction and in the interim she sold out of Type-R hoods. Go to VIS and look up the prices of the same hood!! $950 plus freight.
This site is here to help each other out and the discount they're offering lends itself some latitude.
I have no affiliation with IATuner or Melissa Lo but she has shown me an honest effort to supply a quality product for the best price is their intent by their actions. The lack of communication is there but understanding is better than threats.
Hope your situations all work for the best. I'm sure mine will.

Be patient, they can't sell what they don't have, you will be served in time. VIS is out of stock as well, as of last week.

Cheers
nigel

Re: Dispute with IATuner

Yikes. Was going to order the Type-R hood from IATuner in the 2nd week of December also, but when he told me I have to send a check, that scared me off. So I went with Dali and I got my hood a week later. Same price, Dali was like 10 bucks more expensive with shipping, but for me to use a credit card and with my positive experiences with Dali made me comfortable.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but use paypal and use a Credit Card with any internet purchases.

good luck

niM

I'm afraid your wrong about these people. I have been dealing with Melissa since Nov. 07' and they have been busy, sick, the holidays, out of stock, etc.. There is a new batch on the way and I would be patient instead of the California way and sue at the first opportunity to solve your problems.

I sent her a cashiers check with a wrong name for payment and at her own expense she OVERNIGHTED it back to me for correction and in the interim she sold out of Type-R hoods. Go to VIS and look up the prices of the same hood!! $950 plus freight.
This site is here to help each other out and the discount they're offering lends itself some latitude.
I have no affiliation with IATuner or Melissa Lo but she has shown me an honest effort to supply a quality product for the best price is their intent by their actions. The lack of communication is there but understanding is better than threats.

Be patient, they can't sell what they don't have, you will be served in time. VIS is out of stock as well, as of last week.

Cheers
nigel

Nov of 07? A whole 2 months? :rolleyes:

He said he had already shipped the hood. I live maybe 500 miles away, one state up.

I have a right to ask for my product or my money back, thats not a threat. I hope your right, I have IM'd this thread to IAtuner and I hope he comes around to defend himself.

So you haven't gotten your product either? :confused:

Re: Dispute with IATuner

NO EXCUSE FOR LACK OF COMMUNITCATION PERIOD. All Son has to do is contact the customer and let him know whats going on. If he doesn't have it he should refund the money back and not take money for items he doesn't have. Dali and and I and other also have this VIS hood for sale fopr the same price and we all know they in coming in but not in yet. But neither of us are taking people's money telling them its in stock when its not.

I seem to be in a similar situation with IATUNER- ordered one of the hoods in mid December, received info that it had shipped on 12/17, but nothing to show for it yet (I'm in Northern CA, about 500 miles).

Have requested shipping/tracking information.

From other posts it's evident that many other transactions with him have gone smoothly. But it seems there's a bump in the road here.

Go with paypal (and CC payment). This way, you have some options in case you run into scammers.

PayPal's dispute process is a joke. They advertise "buyer protection" all the time, but it is really only seller protection. There are many, many simple ways for a seller to rip you off through PayPal and coast through their resolution system.

Use a CC or (best of all) go to the Post Office and get a USPS money order. If you get ripped off using it, the Postal Inspectors automatically pursue it as mail fraud and you don't have to dick around with local cops or the FBI (who won't even pretend to care about it).

As of Jan. 22 I still have heard nothing and he has not returned any of my IM's.:frown:

I waited over 8 weeks for my hood after he cashe my check last year. Did not answer calls or PMs. Got a call from his wife out of the blue to tell me the hood was in. Also promised free headlight bulbs or lug nuts because of the delay but I have not seen those. I have pm''s him 3 times over the last 3 months reminding Son of his promise to send lugs. I would avoid buying from him in the future.

I still haven't recieved my hood that I paid for back in Nov '07. Does anyone have a reason why IATuner should not have sent the hoods I and others, (6) have ordered and paid for long ago? I'm waiting on positive confirmation from four, (4) of the six.
I really had faith in them but I haven't recieved any communication in six (6) weeks. If I don't get something real soom I will take the next step and that is against everything I believe in. There must be a reason! There was such good communication at first and into Dec. of '07 now nothing. Please help!

Cheers
nigel

Re: IAtunner - Update - hood finally received

It's a longish story, but not being able to get a response from IATuner, I never could confirm freight tracking info.

However, it was shipped when he said (December 7), but mis-delivered. Without tracking info, couldn't try to follow up. Finally got a call from the folks a week ago where it wound up in wrong lab/department - and got it sent to me.

It WAS labelled correctly as I requested in the transaction. Though the external packing didn't look very professional, the bubble wrap and bagging from VIS was fine and the hood is in fine shape.

All's well that ends well, but it is two months since it was originally shipped -December 7. Sorry to hear from the other poster that he had family illness and problems, but if you're doing a business of any kind, being able to stay in touch and follow up is pretty important.

~Jon

Son has more excuses and problems for not responding or delivering goods than anyone here on Prime. "My account is frozen... I shipped your stuff, but dont know what happened... Here is the tracking number... (not a valid number, etc." He has just managed to stay under the radar for some reason. Good luck getting your stuff. I hope others take heed and dont get burned! those who got their stuff were lucky!

Nate in DC

Back