• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If it is front engine...

So its slow in this section as we sit and wait(like normal) so i got to thinking if honda is content on having a front engine V10 for a more upscale luxury look to compete; then of course we wouldn't mind it looking like an Aston. So I got the idea since many of us photoshop etc here and need to keep eachother from going insane with anticipation or rather yet...complete f-ing boredom lets take the below pic...and photoshop it with more Acuresc(cool word) headlights and front bumper resembling HSC etc and had more edge to the bodyline similiar to the HSC at the rear quarter. Feel free to add your own balla JDM rims also. Now I would start with my own but my computer was redone and my PS is down at the moment:rolleyes: .....so i will submit a pic for viewing pleasure.

2mxodfr.jpg

So its slow in this section as we sit and wait(like normal) so i got to thinking if honda is content on having a front engine V10 for a more upscale luxury look to compete; then of course we wouldn't mind it looking like an Aston. So I got the idea since many of us photoshop etc here and need to keep eachother from going insane with anticipation or rather yet...complete f-ing boredom lets take the below pic...and photoshop it with more Acuresc(cool word) headlights and front bumper resembling HSC etc and had more edge to the bodyline similiar to the HSC at the rear quarter. Feel free to add your own balla JDM rims also. Now I would start with my own but my computer was redone and my PS is down at the moment:rolleyes: .....so i will submit a pic for viewing pleasure.

i always thought HONDA should have bought Aston Martin - would have been a good opportunity to start from a clean slate for luxury market.

Acura are going backwards - they are abt on par with Hyundai for design ethics.

;-)

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX-1_grande.jpg
    NSX-1_grande.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 882
i always thought HONDA should have bought Aston Martin - would have been a good opportunity to start from a clean slate for luxury market.

Acura are going backwards - they are abt on par with Hyundai for design ethics.

That is a fantastic idea - and given that AM is owned by private investors (and not another car company), Honda might still be able to buy it. It is clear from the latest 2 Acura concept cars that they aspire to bring bold, dynamic stying to Acura cars. It is also clear from the latest 2 Acura concept cars that they are miles away from having that level of design capability. Ford sold AM for about $900m, which is probably what it would cost Honda to bring the ASC to market. And there is no way that the ASC would sell anywhere near AM's volume of some 7,000 cars per year.

So.....if Honda bought AM, would they then keep the AM nameplate, or re-badge as Acuras and Hondas?? I thought the point of having a luxury marque was to build cars that are equivalent to the best cars in the world. If they did buy AM, then I guess Acura could become a sister company to Honda. Much like Oldsmobile was to Chevrolet etc. They are pretty much at that point anyway, so maybe buying AM isn't such a bad idea. I just think if you're going to call yourself a luxury marque and talk the talk, you should walk the walk. Ford dropped them like 4th hour French class, so they might want to be careful before bidding on Aston. Just my $.02!! Take care.

So.....if Honda bought AM, would they then keep the AM nameplate, or re-badge as Acuras and Hondas?? I thought the point of having a luxury marque was to build cars that are equivalent to the best cars in the world. If they did buy AM, then I guess Acura could become a sister company to Honda. Much like Oldsmobile was to Chevrolet etc.

If Honda were to acquire AM, I think it would make sense to kill-off Acura. Since all Acura vehicles are based on Honda vehicles, Acura is really a trim-level upgrade. There isn't enough (any?) differentiation between Honda's and Acura's - it terms of platforms, engines, size, design, styling and price-point - to warrant two product lines. That's why GM killed off Olds. That's why Acura sales are sinking while Honda sales are increasing.

I think Honda could expand AM by adding a couple of down-stream models -cars in the $50-$100k price-point, with current AM models above that. Follow the Lexus and BMW lead by offering high-performance, high-luxury cars with hybrid and alternative fuel options.

And AM would be a perfect home for a mid-engined NSX-II - again, filling out the AM product line with a sports car that can be an alternative to the F430, R8, 911TT, etc.

If Honda were to acquire AM, I think it would make sense to kill-off Acura. Since all Acura vehicles are based on Honda vehicles, Acura is really a trim-level upgrade. There isn't enough (any?) differentiation between Honda's and Acura's - it terms of platforms, engines, size, design, styling and price-point - to warrant two product lines. That's why GM killed off Olds. That's why Acura sales are sinking while Honda sales are increasing.

I think Honda could expand AM by adding a couple of down-stream models -cars in the $50-$100k price-point, with current AM models above that. Follow the Lexus and BMW lead by offering high-performance, high-luxury cars with hybrid and alternative fuel options.

And AM would be a perfect home for a mid-engined NSX-II - again, filling out the AM product line with a sports car that can be an alternative to the F430, R8, 911TT, etc.

Excellent points! I agree that it doesn't make sense to keep Acura badge and AM. Besides, didn't AM have a BAD A$$ looking mid engined concept out recently?? It would be a great successor to the NSX!!! :smile: It's actually called the NPX, I believe. Just change the P to an S and it's all good!!!

Last edited:
The question is would Aston be interested in Honda.

Technology wise, it would make sense but culturally.......

The question is would Aston be interested in Honda.

Technology wise, it would make sense but culturally.......

Well...they were in bed with Ford for awhile there. I can't think they would have any problems with Honda. Aston styling and Honda reliability seem like a good fit. I realize this merger won't happen, but I sure do like that NPX concept. And, besides, there are thousands of posts on here about a midengine replacement for the NSX and that ain't gonna happen either!!! All this talk about that is about as useful as a parenting tips book written by Lynn Spears. :smile:

Re: ;-)

I would buy that... although its not what I would want 100% it still would be a good looking car with a green v10 and "vcm" I would still like it as a luxury car in my stable.

if Honda is actually smart enough to watch these kind of threads this is in no way what we want, get back on a reaL REPLACEMENT FOR THE NSX and you have a shot at earning us back. I tell you we are some of the best exposure even with our "outdated" cars people love the fact its a honda when I tell them they are like wow! I can't believe Honda could do something like that. Add that to howmuch most of us drive in groups!!

If I wanted Just Another Zoomy Front-Engine Car, I would buy one now, and it would almost certainly be superior to whatever Honda puts out ... whenever it finally puts something out ... in 3, 5, 10 etc. years.

What I want is a mid-engine car, made by Honda, and styled with the same finesse that brought us the NSX. They nearly had the right idea with the HSC, but then they lost their minds.

I'm starting to think I'm being dumb, because Honda clearly wants to put out Just Another Zoomy Front-Engine Car for the same people who buy into the recent fad of retro american cars (charger, mustang, camaro).

Maybe I should just put in an order for a Tesla and give up on normal cars entirely. It wouldn't be as awesome, but it'd be pretty cool in its own right, and I'd probably have it sooner than we'll see an NSX "replacement."

Don't matter. I doubt I'll buy a new acura vehicle anymore. Love the nsx, and it's one of a kind. Bottomline is, I'd probably just buy a nice used Ferrari 550 or AM before this new acura THING, whatever the hell it is. Used mid-engine, Ford GT, Ferrari 360 or Gillardo.

Pretty lame when I STILL think the best interior ever from any acura is the new MDX, black interior. I'd definitely like to get one, but still..... no way in hell new when I could get an awesome used Landrover Defender 90 for the price. Used, yes.

I'm hoping they go after this as Aston matching performance will leave them behind the curve and crushed by the LF-A and GT-R. Honda needs to use this as their performance/looks target then $100 will be a bargain:biggrin:

ferrari-03.jpg

novitec-rosso-ferrari-599-gtb.jpg

novitec-rosso-ferrari-599-gtb-rear.jpg

ever owned a landrover...?
good luck...

Yes, brand new Landrover discovery HSE. Loved every single thing about it, and every second of it. Especially when there was snow. Could definitely use REAL off road tires off road though, on road in the snow, the oem were just fine.

One grip though, being as tall and heavy as it is, this SUV should NOT come with as tight of steering and handling that it has. When it is dry out, the handling is so precise I can easily imagine rolling it in a panic situation. However when there is snow on the ground or it's slick out, the tight steering is amazing with the little bit of slop introduced with the slippery ground. In comparison, regular domestic SUVs have slopping steering when it's dry and ever shittier steering when the roads turn to crap.

The only other SUVs I could possibly ever buy would be the porsche Cayenne Turbo, Toureg V10 diesel, Jeep Wrangler, H1 and any landrover minus the freelander. Oh and G wagon.

Oh and the Disco never ever gave me a hint of trouble. Except for the time I entered a corner on the street too hot at 45 mph and smashed into the curb at full lock to the right in the snow. Nothing broke, bent or anything, but the tire started to weep air at the bead.

Yes, brand new Landrover discovery HSE. Loved every single thing about it, and every second of it.

You're a lucky one because I've heard nothing but sad stories about Land Rover reliability. I do like them though, I test drove a '03 Discovery back in September and thought it was pretty nice.

Anyway, first off, my thought is that when Honda says "NSX replacement", they mean a replacement in that price range and not really a "NSX successor". We all already know that Honda will not bring out a "new NSX" and they've pretty much etched that in stone by scrapping the HSC and revealing the front engine layout. So, as it stands, they should make the best out of it and go after the GT-R and Lexus with the design and numbers because if they don't beat those two, they better bring that car out at below $60K.

That Ferrari above is way sexy!!

Back