• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If you're aussie, post here

Laski.... why don't you drive your beautiful NSX?? :biggrin:

Nemesis is back! Everyone keep your windows UP!

Attachments

• IMG_5071_nemesisx[1].jpg
    IMG_5071_nemesisx[1].jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 106
You hear that Neo he's been very very busy.

Since you posted a photo of him with such an enormous CENSORED area, word got out and now has a queue of ladies waiting outside his place day & night.

haha...
once you go black, you don't go back.
or is it...
Once you go kevin, nothing else seems heaven. :eek: :biggrin:

:eek: Well the reason Ive been so busy is that Dippys car gave me....an HTD!!
(honda transmitted disease!)

Dippy, you told me that your car was clean!! I knew I should have looked at your service history!!!! My d*&k is breakin off like a snap ring!!

Thats what I get when seduced by the petrol fumes!:biggrin:

That sucks, guess you're not the only ex-Nova teacher in the job seeker's market right now :frown:

I hope you find both a new job and apartment soon!

How long have you been in Japan? Are you free to take any type of job, or must it be teaching?

That sucks, guess you're not the only ex-Nova teacher in the job seeker's market right now :frown:

I hope you find both a new job and apartment soon!

How long have you been in Japan? Are you free to take any type of job, or must it be teaching?

Yeah a lot of out of work people. My situation is made a little difficult, as my band member i invited to Japan has just settled into my city has a job and a new girlfriend, so i need to look for work in my area. No new jobs start until march/april. I've been in Japan for almost five years, not including six months in Oz in between the jobs i've had here. I had been working at my friends car yard and have some private students from my old job, but being close to the holidays, everyone is winding down. I'm only qualified for the job i had so there isn't much around.

Between my other friend being killed in may, relationship breakup in June and loss of Job In November this has been quite a year. Can always be worse though. :redface: :smile:

OzzieJohn
Gudday from bustling Adelaide! I'm curious about your Rays CE28N wheels. I also have a set that were actually purchased by a friend for his Porsche which he later sold. He convinced me they would fit my NSX, and given they are sooooooo light I couldn't resist. Haven't driven on them yet, but test fitment shows they will work fine (may need a small spacer up front).
Mine are:
17 x 7.5 (50 offset)
17 x 9 (63 offset) yes I would have preferred 18" rears !
What sizes / offsets are your's ??
My only concern is maintaining the 1.05 - 1.08 ratio of rear/front rolling diameters, which I'll be doing by careful choice of tyre sizes.

Sparky,

I've got the same sizes, but different offsets:

Front: 17 x 7.5, +33
Rear: 17 x 9, +35

Jason (nsxsupra) put CE28Ns absolutely identical to yours on his NSX, using 20mm front and 35mm rear spacers.

Cosmetics are another issue but 17" rears have a lot going for them: they're lighter, are what Honda fitted from 2002, and should give better traction on Aussie roads.

Have you got any pics of the CE28Ns on your car?

Jason (nsxsupra) put CE28Ns absolutely identical to yours on his NSX, using 20mm front and 35mm rear spacers.

Good stuff. I wasn't thinking of spacers so thick, but on second thoughts it makes good sense with these offsets ... I'll PM him to find where he got those spacers

Have you got any pics of the CE28Ns on your car?

Not yet, but I'll get them after I've fitted wheels. It could be a few weeks away ... preparing my Porsche for Targa Tas 2008 has priority at present!! :smile:

A bit OT here , but does any Aussie guys here have a ABS bleeder ??
The local Honda dealer certainly does not .
My ABS pumping is getting out of hand :mad:

TA

Hey Ricky - if you haven't already done this - you might want to try deliberately activating the ABS a couple of times at low speed on gravel and see if this fixes it.

If your out of hand pumping is to the stage where it is giving up and putting on the ALB warning light, you need to do this after you've just started the car, whilst the pump is still running. Once the ALB light is on, the ABS system doesn't activate at all.

I read about this on Prime so a search should bring it up... I think the logic is that this flushes air through the system, getting rid of any dust that might be causing a valve to stick open meaning the pump can't do it's job. It worked wonders for my ABS, which was pumping for about 60 seconds and then throwing the ALB light... now ABS works fine and only pumps for 2-3 seconds after use. Anyway hope this helps.

I have taken the car out several times in the wet and stomped on the brakes lots of times , the abs pump goes nuts for about a minute after I do this , the ALB light never comes on .It also pumps if I hit a bump hard.

The strange thing with this problem is , when you first drive it a few Ks it pumps all the time , at 10 second intervals . When you stop the car leave it sit for 5 minutes , when you take off it pumps once and you never hear it again :confused:

Hey Ricky - if you haven't already done this - you might want to try deliberately activating the ABS a couple of times at low speed on gravel and see if this fixes it.

If your out of hand pumping is to the stage where it is giving up and putting on the ALB warning light, you need to do this after you've just started the car, whilst the pump is still running. Once the ALB light is on, the ABS system doesn't activate at all.

I read about this on Prime so a search should bring it up... I think the logic is that this flushes air through the system, getting rid of any dust that might be causing a valve to stick open meaning the pump can't do it's job. It worked wonders for my ABS, which was pumping for about 60 seconds and then throwing the ALB light... now ABS works fine and only pumps for 2-3 seconds after use. Anyway hope this helps.

Back