• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Illuminated door still

I just purchased the Carbon Fiber Illuminated Door Stills. I plan on installing myself. I reviewed the install sheets but wondered about cutting the carpet. I pulled up the carpet and it appears that the parts to be cut/removed are identified. I wondered if I needed a template. One does not come with the parts. Has anyone done their own install that can share?

I just purchased the Carbon Fiber Illuminated Door Stills. I plan on installing myself. I reviewed the install sheets but wondered about cutting the carpet. I pulled up the carpet and it appears that the parts to be cut/removed are identified. I wondered if I needed a template. One does not come with the parts. Has anyone done their own install that can share?
It makes easier to grind pliers to make those cuts in the carpet. There is no template, but everything is marked in the plastic. Just take your time to figure out what to cut and what stays.

Attachments

• 20221226_171126_resized_1.jpg
    20221226_171126_resized_1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20221226_165812_resized_1.jpg
    20221226_165812_resized_1.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221226_171543_resized_1.jpg
    20221226_171543_resized_1.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 37
Thank you for the great pictures. I pulled up the carpet and can see where you need to remove the plastic as well as cut the carpet. Interesting that Acura planned for this accessory by identifying wher to cut and also where to plug in for power. At $1500 retail price I wonder how many cars added this option? I recall on my Volvo had illuminated door stills. Whenever you open the doors the stills light up. Makes the car really sand out.

At $1500 retail price I wonder how many cars added this option?
Not enough of them! I really think this is the kind of thing that should have been standard, but also realize the starting price of the NC1 was a big impediment to sales as it was, so they undoubtedly looked for things like this to cut and make optional.

I'm still surprised there wasn't a "full interior carbon fiber package" option at $25k or something that would have replaced all the silver bits. Yes, the aftermarket is now offering this, but I would have been much more likely to pay Acura to do it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Not enough of them! I really think this is the kind of thing that should have been standard, but also realize the starting price of the NC1 was a big impediment to sales as it was, so they undoubtedly looked for things like this to cut and make optional.

I'm still surprised there wasn't a "full interior carbon fiber package" option at $25k or something that would have replaced all the silver bits. Yes, the aftermarket is now offering this, but I would have been much more likely to pay Acura to do it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Great points. I agree.

IMG_4692.jpeg
Well I did my cutting and finished the install. I did the passenger side first. After cutting the carpet I did a test install and almost flipped out as i could see the metal still implying I cut too much carpet. I then realized I had the driver piece in my hand. Once I put in the correct side it fit perfectly.

I am sure that Acura probably expected a lot of people would get this option. It was planned for with the carpet and electrical connections. So glad I added them.

Attachments

• IMG_4686.jpeg
    IMG_4686.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4685.jpeg
    IMG_4685.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4683.jpeg
    IMG_4683.jpeg