• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Im a TooL

Can't remember the last time I missed a local show by my favorite LA band, Tool But I failed to attend this year's coachella, or the small venue tour..

However, I can say... buy the new album, its great.

-Joshs

Joshs said:
Can't remember the last time I missed a local show by my favorite LA band, Tool But I failed to attend this year's coachella, or the small venue tour..

-Joshs

I agree. If you are a fan of their past work, you will love it. But you've probably already bought it though if that's the case. If you are just getting into them, this probably isn't the cd for you. Having said that, I'm just about done listening to it for the 7th time.:smile:

Just saw them in concert last night. This was my third time seeing them live. Once again they were amazing. I highly suggest checking them out if you haven't already.

BTW, it's kinda tough to search for a Tool thread on a car forum.

Lucky you! They were just here on Sunday. I had a chance to buy a front row pass from a buddy for $150, but I'm not that brave to be that close.:smile:

Anyone gone to Cadeuces Cellars to check out Maynard's vinyard and try the wine?

http://www.caduceus.org/

-Josh

I haven't been there, but I went to the premiere of The Heart is a Drum Machine documentary at the Phoenix Art Museum back in February. Maynard was serving free wine all night. He was actually there popping corks and pouring wine for people almost the entire night. Most of the people there didn't even know who he was. I'm not a wine connoisseur but it sure got me hammered.

Last edited:
Saw them in Denver, CO last Saturday at the Mile High Music Fest. I got free passes. I must say they were good live, but they were not great.

I just saw them a few nights ago when they were here in Phoenix for the 5th time live. I was lucky to have floor tickets, they really put on a fantastic show.

As for the wine, I've got 4 signed bottles sitting at home, its not bad at all.

For those who don't know, he's got a new project that he just released:

www.puscifer.com

It's different, thats for sure.

-Joshs

So what's the name of their new album? I see nothing after 10,000 Days. :confused: That's been around for quite some time. The next album is due in 2011 if we are following Maynards release philosophy.

Last edited:
So what's the name of their new album? I see nothing after 10,000 Days. :confused: That's been around for quite some time. The next album is due in 2011 if we are following Maynards release philosophy.

LOL, that post is from May 4th of 2006! :biggrin:

Saw them Wednesday night in Rio Rancho NM. My first Tool show. I would say that they were good, but not great. Much of the music sounded just like the CD and I like live shows where they take lots of liberty with the recorded stuff. I like loud music, but the last portion of the show was too loud and sounded distorted. But overall, I was happy to have seen them live. One of my favorite bands.

Back