• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola Orange NSX - downtown

autobody tech said:
the Bently dealer in Chesterfield MO. has an imola orange NSX for sale, I wonder if thats the one?
Probably. After all, that's only 300 miles away from where it was spotted...

That's okay, a.t. - one of these days we'll all come down there again for another NSX Club event, or you'll come up here - and then it will be the same cars we're talking about!

GinaK said:
I think there are quite a few chicago nsxers.
So do I. There are 43 members of the NSX Club of America in the Chicagoland area. Using the nationwide proportion of club members out of all NSX owners, that would mean that there are somewhere between 300 and 400 NSX owners in the area.

Hmmm. Then where the hell are all of them when we have the get togethers? I think we get, what, maybe 15 people to attend those things?

Attachments

• nsxpost1.jpg
    nsxpost1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 329
You're right, but my car was in the shop.... maybe the next event. I was really referring to the drinking get togethers.... can't miss those!

Here's an Idea

Why don't we try to put together a Chicago NSX night out in town. Anyone ever been to Players Club on Ashland? Pretty cool motorsports inspired bar.

Would love to put a face to all the screen names... plus I think a shot of all the cars lined up downtown would be great. ;)

Re: Here's an Idea

NeSX said:
Why don't we try to put together a Chicago NSX night out in town. Anyone ever been to Players Club on Ashland? Pretty cool motorsports inspired bar.

Would love to put a face to all the screen names... plus I think a shot of all the cars lined up downtown would be great. ;)
Not sure GinaK would pick the Players Club :) unclear what sort of "motor" they tend to inspire, particularly in those seeking pursuits of an, ehem, "gentlemanly" nature :D

Problem with several downtown places is good parking... in the past we've used Green Dolphin Street (jazz club on Ashland/Webster); some of us have had luck at Goose Island (Clybourn).

Time to re-start the Sunday brunches ??

###########

edit: above reference to the PC was in error... actually might be a good place to catch an F1 race .

Actually players club is a legit pub. Porsche club uses it for beer nights... I know the name sounds suspect but it is cool.

I would be in for anything though.

Imola Orange in Chicago

Hi,

I work right next to Oak/Rush on Maple...I see that Imola Orange car everywhere....one day I stopped to leave my card on the window praising the car- and the owner walked out!

It IS a dealer plate...the driver is Stuart Carr, owner of Carr Honda on Western Ave....I'm still trying to convince hime to let me drive it....I'm determined to wait until I can afford to pay cash for a new NSX.

Who knows, by that time the HSC will probably already be out. Happy motoring!

PS Gina that is a beautiful pic of the month...do you come downtown often? Look me up if so.

saw that orange one on 294 going north towards the hinsdale oasis the other day. dont know if it was the same one. couldnt get a good look cause it was going the other way.

Hey

I was in Washington DC this weekend and saw that same Imola orange NSX w/ the 40 year old male driving it. Gee that thing mnust have some miles on it.

Back